Being bullied

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bluey

I am just wondering how many ppl hear got bullied when they where at school are still are getting bullied know.

I got bullied at school and it takes every thing away from you. I was not the most confident pupil at school and being called names and having paper clips fired at you and what not did nothing for the bit of confidence I did have.

I wish I could go back now with what I know now and do it again. I would not let them get away with it now. Every time I was pushed to the flow I should of got up and smacked them strait in the mouth. What would be the worst that could happen? I get beat on. But at least they would get hurt as well. Are I would tell the world what was happening instead of shouting up and being ashamed of it. Its not my fault that this happened but back then I was so ashamed of it I told no one.

Being called and sometimes physically hit every day at school tacks confidence away from you on a lively that no one should have to deal with. No wonder I struggle with my spelling. I have learnt moor on grammar and spelling in the past 2 years from posting on forums then I ever did at school. But when you don't feel relaxed and are constantly looking over your shoulder its not surprising that I did not even grasp the basics of english litrecher.

Being frightened to go to school is something no kid should have to fear. I do think that if I had told ppl and been different about things back then that I would now have a completely different life. But to have been different back then I would have needed some confidence to have dealt with the bullying. so its kinder a catch 22. Know I would sooner be killed fighting then feel the shame that I felt back then in knowing that I let them get away with doing all the stuff they did. I should of told my dad even tho he would of thought less of me and yes I still think that he would of done and am now 32 but fresia it I should of any way. It least then I could of started dealing with the problem instead of baring my head in the sand.

I just watched something on TV about it and it burt a few things back to me. This girl that was being bullied. God I felt so sorry for her. If only I could put what is in sighed my head into hers. She would know there are ways to deal with it. But it goes back to having no confidence to do any thing about it. That's the problem. Bout time you do get the confidence the damage has already been done.

My advice to any one that's getting bullied. Tell the howl wide world. A teacher, mum, dad any one that well lessen no matter how silly you feel. Get help and know there is no shame in asking for help. No one is an island. We all need help from time to time in life.

I was also bullied at school, it has also affected me throughout my life. The thing that I didn't understand was, I had done nothing wrong to the other students at school, but I was a target for them. I used to fight back at times, but I never was a good fighter so it had little affect, in fact I think that it made matters worse. I think that nowdays the schools take a strong stand on bullies, but I went to school in the seventies, and it was just open slather lol.

Blue Sky said:
I think that nowdays the schools take a strong stand on bullies
glad 2 c australia did something about it
but its even worse here now
h8 2 say it. just has 2 b said
hell now we even have the whole added thing of rape & sexual molestation added in2 it. thats 4 both girls a-n-d boys
i dont think teachers watch anywhere near as attentively as they did when i was in school
& thats pretty bad. bcuz they hardly watched then

I was bullied in school too. Not so much physically, mostly verbally. The kids just loved calling me names, humiliating me, etc. Back then I felt I deserved it. I didn't really tell anyone. I was afraid to stand up for myself. The times I told my mother, she just yelled at me for not standing up for myself which made me feel even ten times worse. She made me feel like it was my fault.
I still struggle with the memories even as an adult. I blame myself for not being stronger and standing up for myself. I never did anything to provoke anyone, I was just an easy target.

Lost_N_Alone yea being yelled at coz your not brave anuff to do something dose not help at all. In fact it just makes it weirs. Its not your fault tho. You didn't wont to get called. Its just kids. They are cruel. I got called manly coz I walk with a limp so they called me spacO and just all the noises as you can imagine. Plus back then I was still getting use to walking again do to being poorly so was pushed to the ground Vere easy. They thought this was funny. To have been stronger you would have needed time out from all that to get stronger. So again that not your fault. That's kinder what am saying. Now if I went back I would be stronger. But then Ive had 16 years where Ive not been pushed around are made fun of and in no way would I put up with it now.

Yeah, it's basically a lie that bullying makes people stronger; in most cases all it does is cultivate insecurity and emotional repression in later life. Few of the people who claim to have benifited from it were ever at the bottom of the system.

One of the things I'm most ashamed of is what I did in primary school. Right up until the last year I was pretty badly picked on, pushed away from the rest of the kids and laughed at, called names and was onced pushed into a puddle of piss they had made. At the time I couldn't understand why because I'm socially insensitive but I can see now I was a wierd kid.

In the last year I became a bully, I beat up the other kid who looked like me at my school because we were constantly compared and so I hated him for no good reason (I think he even wanted to be my friend). By the end of the year I was even kind of popular (I've never had so many "friends"). Something I can never be forgiven for. I made him cry with fear...

I'm a pariah now so no bullying for me and I can never ruin anyone else:D

bluey said:
Lost_N_Alone yea being yelled at coz your not brave anuff to do something dose not help at all. In fact it just makes it weirs. Its not your fault tho. You didn't wont to get called. Its just kids. They are cruel. I got called manly coz I walk with a limp so they called me spacO and just all the noises as you can imagine. Plus back then I was still getting use to walking again do to being poorly so was pushed to the ground Vere easy. They thought this was funny. To have been stronger you would have needed time out from all that to get stronger. So again that not your fault. That's kinder what am saying. Now if I went back I would be stronger. But then Ive had 16 years where Ive not been pushed around are made fun of and in no way would I put up with it now.

Thanks Bluey. Wow, you went through a lot being pushed down and crap like that. Kids are cruel. It makes them feel stronger to pick on someone weaker. I wouldn't put up with it today either. I still think I'm pretty timid and have problems standing up for myself, but those who know me tell me otherwise. Maybe I just feel meek from dealing with the bullying years ago.

HiddenHydey said:
Yeah, it's basically a lie that bullying makes people stronger; in most cases all it does is cultivate insecurity and emotional repression in later life. Few of the people who claim to have benifited from it were ever at the bottom of the system.

One of the things I'm most ashamed of is what I did in primary school. Right up until the last year I was pretty badly picked on, pushed away from the rest of the kids and laughed at, called names and was onced pushed into a puddle of piss they had made. At the time I couldn't understand why because I'm socially insensitive but I can see now I was a wierd kid.

In the last year I became a bully, I beat up the other kid who looked like me at my school because we were constantly compared and so I hated him for no good reason (I think he even wanted to be my friend). By the end of the year I was even kind of popular (I've never had so many "friends"). Something I can never be forgiven for. I made him cry with fear...

I'm a pariah now so no bullying for me and I can never ruin anyone else:D

They say those who were bullied often turn into bullies when they have the chance. It sounds like you went through hell as a kid. I know that's no excuse, but seeing that other kid probably made you want to push away all the memories of what he associated for you.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but after being bullied whenever someone else was the target I was relieved it wasn't me. Instead of being strong enough to stand up for the other person, I would often just join in on the taunting, that way taking the possibility of me becoming the one that would be picked on. Pathetic, I know.

bluey said:
My advice to any one that's getting bullied. Tell the howl wide world. A teacher, mum, dad any one that well lessen no matter how silly you feel. Get help and know there is no shame in asking for help. No one is an island. We all need help from time to time in life.

That's true. It's the only thing kids can do nowadays. My niece had this dude bullying her when she first got into school. There was a whole month of trying to ensure her that things would be fine. She wouldn't talk, but she cried a lot so that somehow helped us a little knowing that something's wrong, rather than if she keeps quiet.

Yes, seek help when you get bullied.
But then again, even teachers, some of them, bully these kids too. We can never be sure about things like these nowadays. :rolleyes:

Hey bluey,

I was bullied a lot in school, too!

It was terrible. I hated going to school. I'm surprised I even passed and graduated!

Bullies are pretending to be strong mentally or physically, but they are really WEAK.

Only the weak are cruel. True strength includes the strength to be fair and kind and not to search out other people's failures and problems and faults. True strength includes the self-confidence to treat other humans like you want to be treated!

HAY! lonelygirl, good to see you around :)

I agree that bullies are weak, If only I know that then.

It dose show insecurities if you bully, A need to prove some thing. Like HiddenHydey, I would say he needed to prove that he was not a wimp by doing what he did. *Gets a lynch mob together to lynch HiddenHydey coz he use to bully* Only kidding dude. You seen it was wrong and you only did it coz you was bulled. My Guss is that there a lot that did just that.

One good thing in mink's post tho is that your niece sounds like she's round good ppl that are going to give her the support and comfort she needs. And that, that you quote me on mink. Well if it gets just one person to try and get help then I would be moor then happy.

Hey Bluey,

Good to see you, too! I've just been really overwhelmed with stuff in the past couple months. Is everything pretty peaceful around here now?

I had some people sign up just to criticize me, it seems! After they hurt my reputation they just stopped posting. What a surprise, I'm sure it was someone here who doesn't like me in a false disguise. But I don't care, really! Hope all is well with you!!!

bluey said:
One good thing in mink's post tho is that your niece sounds like she's round good ppl that are going to give her the support and comfort she needs. And that, that you quote me on mink. Well if it gets just one person to try and get help then I would be moor then happy.

Thanks bluey. Yeah well i try to help the best i can cos it sucks to know something's bothering her but i'm not doing anything. Sometimes it's hard to even do anything cos these kids just won't talk. They won't even show any symptoms of being bullied or disturbed in school sometimes, until you're talking to them and it just happens to slip out of their mouth. I just found out that some kid's been taking money from my niece :rolleyes:
These things never end. *shakes head*

That doesnt sound to good lonelygirl but its all peaceful around hear right now and am hoping its going to stay like that. And yea all is well with me. Just plodding along as you do. That's me :) Hope your good nowadays. Forgive me but have we talked on msn be for? Am sure it was you. WHOW me bad I know. poor memory :( I know Ive talked to you be for but I could be getting you confused to someone else.

Well mink when I was being bulled at school I would tell know one. I could have just had the weirs day ever and still I would make out am the happiest Kidd ever at home. Nobody would have guessed how I was feeling inside.

Well I never had any kids take money of me. I would of not let that happen. I would have got smacked in the moth fist be for I let that happen. And I did get smacked a few times. But that was not often. I did have my mums friend take money of me when I was very little. My mum for a long time keep thinking I was losing my dinner money. But it was her friend that use to take me to school. ppl cent be trusted when it comes to money hay. The school even sent me home one time coz I got no money for dinner. Luckily another of one of my my mums other friends seen me seat on the door step and came over and then feed me and then took me back to school. I would have been about 7 at the time I think.

Beast time of your life they tell you. hahahah I would not go back for all the tea in china.

bluey said:
Beast time of your life they tell you. hahahah I would not go back for all the tea in china.

Haha :)
7 wasn't exactly the best age/time of my life either :rolleyes:
But what you've been through as a kid was terrible. Money is the root of all evil, as they say.

nooooo. its the love of $$$ thats the root of all evil
i never had access 2 $$$ @ 7. i wouldnt have let anybody take it from me either though. if i had it. nobody would have even known anyway

well thats the saying LoL. ive always thought its the love of power really. $$$ is just 1 form of power

Well I was bullied on the way to 6th grade. Then when middle school hit, I have another set of bullies. Now enough is enough already, that wasn't the case. In high school, I was bullies but not just one, but my whole P.E. class bullied me. Finally Junior year hit, and enough was enough for me, I then move to a new school and everything became alright. Of course It has affect me so much that I began to become a hermit and have since up till college. Life just suck

Now that out of the way. If I ever find those bullies that did this to me, chances are they be dead by now. I honestly will murder them in cold blood if I ever find out where there living. If not then it a world of torture. I swear if I ever get my hand on them, there will be no good outcome except blood of themselves.

and then I will come after their families for raising such an hell raising child.

I am not a bad person, society made me who I am. In fact, I barely know that people exist outside my dorm.

Latest posts

Back