i got no wise old man to help me so .... help me answer this about marriage...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

suna

it probably starts off from here : since i m a pretty pratical person, when i think i really like someone or want to care for somebody in a ... wait... okay, it's just why would guys even want a girlfriend if he just want to stop at the 'having a relationship' stage. sometimes i get confused because you know he liked/loved you and he told you 'i m gonna be single for life'.
this reminds me so much of that err...mr big from the sex and the city but that's just drama... and it's impossible to 'move on' looking for someone else while i think i am forever emotionally attached to whoever that's not gonna be the 'someone'.

mom says i m stupid it's too early, but she divorced twice so i dont know if she is right.
what is marriage, i mean at times i just wish one day i can have a home to return to, i made every oppotunity to go around in the world so i can see more places and get more experienced but i m just scared in the end i would only be a traveler.

and i dont understand guys at all, it's like... guys complain they dont know nothing about women, but well... maybe i m really stupid -_- if other girls know stuff that i dont... and yea again what is marriage >=o whoever understand that concept answer me please o.o

Marraige is more then love and is more than friendship, there has to be a strong bond and normally the person should feel completely comfortable with themself around that person. There are so many worries before it even occurs and even these days there is so much more to worry about legally and mentally, sinse nothing is final anymore then if u have kids and have to pay child support before u even establish a career. Are you too young that u might miss that other fish in the see etc. It may be a stupid reply on my part but I have loved a few and I have trully felt isinc with only one....
So I would define marriage as a complete spiritual agreement between 2 ppl, mind, body, soul. And connections on a social as well as a physical level:)

Krossknife said:
I would define marriage as a complete spiritual agreement between 2 ppl, mind, body, soul. And connections on a social as well as a physical level
kross did an xcellent job @ the definition
ill just add 2 it that... different ppl have different views of marriage. every1s viewed definition isnt the same
u have 2 keep that in mind when u consider any1 4 marriage
make sure they have the same views as u

What is marriage?
Well, marriage is the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc. I got that straight from dictionary.com, by the way. I've always looked at it as this sort of symbol of a love bond between a man and woman that neither wish to have broken, a wish backed up by the promise made in ceremonial fashion. Raise children together, have sex with no one else, be there for each other in sickness and health... that's marriage.

thank you thank you everyone =o...
my mom and dad got married and had me, then they are divorced but still there for each other o.o... i mean like... dad married another woman and so on but he still cares about mom i guess... they are good people they pay for my school fees and so on. this whole thing looks fine right but somehow i just dont feel fine with this... and sometimes i get too confused i wanna kill myself -_- sorry... head hurts ... i feel i dont even know how to walk now...
who should i consider as friends who should i trust who should i love
who should i be >=o........
i must sound really foolish...
mom said i risked everything for my cousin and i m a good kid, with a nice heart at least, but when i do trust people i dont know why but it seems i always end up hurting someone and myself. but it's hard to stay away from people i still want to be polite want to be nice...
and yea i got tricked a lot too ~.~ not because i dont know, a lot of times i just hope something isnt true. i dont want to hate people.

so any advice?... like in general, i cant really wake up these days because of all the buzz in my head. and cant really study or think clearly...

Don't worry that much about it. I'm sure that you are a very nice person. There's no secret trick to being nice and polite. Just go out there and do your best. Sometimes we meant to say something good, but end up saying something really wrong. It happends all the time. I think humans are just like that. I for example, am horrible at giving and receiving compliments. Like when I want to compliment on someones new hairstyle, but I say something completely stupid and random about it instead, and it all gets really awkward. Happends all the time. Nothing to worry about, just forget about it and try again another time. Better to say something than not saying anything at all ^^

About your parents... I'm no relationship expert, but I can tell you this. Sometimes I think a divorce is for the best. When two people don't love eachother anymore, and it starts to show, it can get really really uncomfortable. I'm living with my parents who are still married, but I can't remember the last time I've seen any signs of love between them, it there ever was any. Sometimes I think they really hate eachother. They always argue over the most ridiculous stuff. My dad always disagree with everything my mom says, and he drinks way too much. Of course, I'm stuck in the middle. They always try to get me over to their side, always backtalks the other in front of me. It's so ridiculous, and it's getting pretty sad to see them like this. I wish they could just get a divorce and get it over with. It's what they both want, I'm sure of it. Like I said, I think sometimes a divorce is for the best. I don't know your parents, but it sound like they're doing all right, and it's good that they're still on good terms with eachother. I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering because of all this, and I can't give you any advice on how to improve your current situation. Try talking to your parents about this. It probably wont solve any of your problems, but it feels a lot better to get something like that off your chest.

Jeremi said:
Don't worry that much about it. I'm sure that you are a very nice person. There's no secret trick to being nice and polite. Just go out there and do your best. Sometimes we meant to say something good, but end up saying something really wrong. It happends all the time. I think humans are just like that. I for example, am horrible at giving and receiving compliments. Like when I want to compliment on someones new hairstyle, but I say something completely stupid and random about it instead, and it all gets really awkward. Happends all the time. Nothing to worry about, just forget about it and try again another time. Better to say something than not saying anything at all ^^

About your parents... I'm no relationship expert, but I can tell you this. Sometimes I think a divorce is for the best. When two people don't love eachother anymore, and it starts to show, it can get really really uncomfortable. I'm living with my parents who are still married, but I can't remember the last time I've seen any signs of love between them, it there ever was any. Sometimes I think they really hate eachother. They always argue over the most ridiculous stuff. My dad always disagree with everything my mom says, and he drinks way too much. Of course, I'm stuck in the middle. They always try to get me over to their side, always backtalks the other in front of me. It's so ridiculous, and it's getting pretty sad to see them like this. I wish they could just get a divorce and get it over with. It's what they both want, I'm sure of it. Like I said, I think sometimes a divorce is for the best. I don't know your parents, but it sound like they're doing all right, and it's good that they're still on good terms with eachother. I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering because of all this, and I can't give you any advice on how to improve your current situation. Try talking to your parents about this. It probably wont solve any of your problems, but it feels a lot better to get something like that off your chest.

thanks a lot ><
actually i talked to mom yesterday and she said i m a noob i should quit thinking and just study... xD
there was a period of time that i really really hated everything, and it's kind of scary to go back to that state, i mean i seriously dont want to. because i couldnt control myself and whatever thinking i had was not only negative but horrible. those criminals might say they got a monster in them telling them to do this and that. -_-... i dont know, i dont want to be like that. wished someone to give me a hand and drag me out of that, but the thing failed that's probably why i m here hoping i can still trust, but i cannot, why is this so difficult. =/
oh yea dad said in his letter... that he doesnt understand me anymore... since i ve been away for too long -_-

Latest posts

Back