feeling lost and no purpose in life - any ideas

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonlight07

Reaction score
hi every one.

i am new to forums.

i just wanted to express myself here and would appreciate if people could give me suggestions.

I am feeling a bit low. feeling down, feeling that i have no purpose to live for, nothing to look forward to, i feel lost. i seem to go through ups and down. i feel like this, then i write in my journal, write some affirmations and pick myself up and keep going. And then i am overcome by these feelings again. And the cycle goes again. i would like to stop this cycle and feel content.

I am a female, aged 43 years, married. Had one child, left home few years back. Have a job, which i find quite stressful. Some days i enjoy work other days I feel overwhelmed by it. i know i need to stay at that job to earn a living even though some times my heart is not in there.

i wish there was an easy answer to feeling happy and content. i do not wish to take pills for it. i would rather change my perspective but i am stuck and don't know how to..

is it just me or other people feel similar to what i am feeling?. is it just a phase or a midlife crisis i am going through?

Any suggestion or insight would be appreciated.

thanks

Moonlight07

sounds like depression

how's your diet? and exercising?

what are some things you'd like to do that you haven't done yet?

jjam said:
sounds like depression

how's your diet? and exercising?

what are some things you'd like to do that you haven't done yet?

hi jjam

thanks for replying

i am exercising on average 4 times a week 45-55 mins a day - mainly strengthening exercises followed by some stretches.

i am eating healthy. Am overweight a little bit, so i am trying to loose weight. find it hard to stick to the diet. some times succeed some times don't. Still haven't given up on it. keep on trying.

i don't particularly want to do anything that i haven't done yet. but i am motivating myself to joins some local groups. like a monthly spiritual group and a local meetup group. I am waiting to attend the groups yet in August. I can't think of anything else yet.

oh yes, as my friend suggested today, i am going to go out with my husband on the weekends somewhere and have something to eat (something/somewhere cheaper). This is to start from next weekend.

Ta

Moonlight07

feeling that i have no purpose to live for, nothing to look forward to

i feel the same way and have for years,and I'm 18 so i can assure you its not a midlife crisis thing.the only thing that i can really think of that makes me feel better is sort of personal but...are you guys having enough sex?I've heard that a lot of women actually get hornier when they get older,so maybe try seducing your husband more?or getting kinky XD

(hope i don't get banned for this,and no offense meant by the suggestion)

I use the Sedona Method to let go
of my negative feelings. Whatever feelings thats hinder me.
Its spiritual.

I attend support groups. It help
but dosnt solve all my challenges.

Yes some women gets more sexully active in later years.

Empty nest syndrom maybe?

Im 44...I chose to act young or keep a young mind for reasons.

Like some say. ".your 40s are like ur
new 20s."

Im not 20 anymore...Im alot wiser. And more mature.

I remember being stress out or high strung like some younger people on this site. When I was in my 20s.

Having a purpose helps.
My duaghter is my purpose Now.
Things are sort of backwards in my family...but its okay.

I make a simple choice of being Happy everyday. I start with this
chioce everyday. Be happy without any reasons or purpose...Just be happy. First things First..

thank you people for your replies.

what is sedona method to let go of the negative thoughts.?

i will try to aim to be happy everyday.

i am looking forward to having quality outings with my husband on the weekends. it has given me some focus now. some thing to look forward to. Something to aim for.

I think empty next syndrome may also be part of it. When my daughter was home, she was the centre of attention. Now that she is not home anymore, i miss her.

I will try all the suggestions and keep you posted how i feel. i am also going to pay attention to how i look when i go to work. i haven't been making an effort on how i look. So i will try that so i feel good about myself.

cheers

moon

The Sedana Method teaches how to
Let go of our feelings first...and not
figure it out...by defualt our mind becomes silent or it stops negative thoughts

Its reverse to meditation but the results are still the same. Peace.
Once your in a state of peace. You tend to creat more peace..more happiness and take positive actions
in your life. Feel good about yourself
etc..

Meditations gose about it as...
Silecning our mind or turing off our minds.

Our thoughts drives our emotions..
We then tend to react to our emotions.

So these are of things you must observe for youelf...how you process
your thoughts and feelings...

The sedona dosnt rrequired that you sit in an empty room. You can practice it throughout your day where ever youre at...NO praying required.

What I have observe for myself...

My emotionasl colures my thoughts
therefore clouding my perceptions.

I can have thoughts of an event..If I feel angey my perception is one way.
If I feel peacful..my perception of that same thought or situation is different

Sometimes feeling will just pop up
out of nowwhere during my day...
The same as negative thoughts.

It just gets me into casting my negativ
thoughts and emotions away...
Not run with it...either way.
It all good..

I find letting go of my feelings first works better for me..

Do what works well for you.

You might try this obserrvation.
The next time you feel sad....

Put on your favortie sad song...
Observe if you wanna cry easier.

The next time your in a good mood.
Put on the same song..
Do you wanna cry or...you just think
its a beautful song but sounds boring?

In the past I used to think ...certain
event triggeres my feelings.

Since Ive been practtiing the Sedona..
ive notice differently...
If I feel sad or hurted....I can listen
to a heavy song and still cry..
or everything I see seem to trigges me to cry...but its not so.

I was already feeling sad, depressed or angery. So it makes sense for me to let go of my negative feelings first.

YES! YES! YES! I've been there. Say this prayer and mean it....you have a greater perpous in life. Jesus takes people like you, that have no life and gives them a head to toe make over. But you have got to seek and after him and stay focoused. Go to church read a bible...keep going don't stop don't give up. The people that are like you are living an alusion brought on by the devil. The devil dosn't want you to move on with the destiny God has for you. So say a simple prayer, give God your life and let him touch you. He will take you to places you never thought possable.

Little tip...Once you say this prayer...keep in touch with God. Forgive everyone...because if you don't God wont forgive you. If God dosnt' forgive you he wont be able to answer prayers or take you to heaven. But God loves you remember that. He wants you he always wants to hear from you. He wants to be your best friend. I can't tell you that enough. Pray to him and tell him you need to feel his presance and be aware he's there ask him to come into your life and change it. Go to church. I will free you from so much. He's loving he's undersanding, he dosn't make fun of you. He will take care of you...just give it all to him. He the way to a life with perpous. Ask him what to do with your life. He will answer...he has something foreveryone. He loves people that don't know what they are doing...it gives him an opertunity. Stick with him.

"Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in you and that your word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless.
I believe in my heart that you, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father and my friend.

I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ."

Amen.

YES! YES! YES! I've been there. Say this prayer and mean it....you have a greater perpous in life. Jesus takes people like you, that have no life and gives them a head to toe make over. But you have got to seek and after him and stay focoused. Go to church read a bible...keep going don't stop don't give up. The people that are like you are living an alusion brought on by the devil. The devil dosn't want you to move on with the destiny God has for you. So say a simple prayer, give God your life and let him touch you. He will take you to places you never thought possable.

Little tip...Once you say this prayer...keep in touch with God. Forgive everyone...because if you don't God wont forgive you. If God dosnt' forgive you he wont be able to answer prayers or take you to heaven. But God loves you remember that. He wants you he always wants to hear from you. He wants to be your best friend. I can't tell you that enough. Pray to him and tell him you need to feel his presance and be aware he's there ask him to come into your life and change it. Go to church. I will free you from so much. He's loving he's undersanding, he dosn't make fun of you. He will take care of you...just give it all to him. He the way to a life with perpous. Ask him what to do with your life. He will answer...he has something foreveryone. He loves people that don't know what they are doing...it gives him an opertunity. Stick with him.

"Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in you and that your word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless.
I believe in my heart that you, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father and my friend.

I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ."

Amen.

Hey Iam new i was bullied alot at school iam know 25 but have a lot of self esteem issues

Latest posts

Back