birthdays

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urbanloner69

Reaction score
i just wanna know how many of you guys from the forums celebrate birthdays. if you must know i do not celebrate birthdays what so ever (due to lack of friends and interest)

I do not celebrate birthdays.

Lots of Facebook greetings, but nothing in real life.
Plus becoming 1 yr older is nothing to be happy about for me

I don't celebrate birthdays... Not anymore, but when I was a child, then I celebrated. It's just a normal day for me. :(

I'm really bad at remembering birthdays. I'm not good with dates in general. So I don't bother with mine.

I don*t celebrate my birthday anymore. I used to, when i was a kid, but nowadays, it*s just a normal day for me.

I am so glad you asked this and glad that I am not alone.

I am 44 years old I have a bf but not much else (some acquaintances and friends but I am mostly introverted and alone alot).

I can't seem to celebrate my birthday. I feel sad about it and wish I could be normal like everyone else and celebrate but I can't.

I can't because I am afraid if I invite others, they won't care enough about me to even show up. : ( Also, I had one celebration with my family of origin onetime, I walked in in a positive, upbeat mood, hoping they would be different (after all they did show up for my birthday) only to experience the most rude, rejecting behavior ever. It left me in tears and afterwards I cried to a friend that I wanted to slit my wrists. I wasn't actually going to kill myself but the pain was so great that was the immediate feeling. It was horrible.

The thing is, I really love to celebrate. I love to share, talk, laugh, bring a good time to others. I also don't mind sharing others birthdays at all and bringing them good feelings, love, etc...but I can't seem to do it for myself.

I honestly do not know how to break thru this.

Latest posts

Back