I'm a waste of life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BeastJuice

Lets see...I don't know where to start. Well I am a very lonely person. It is friday night..I'm 20 years old...I should be out doing something but yet again I am doing nothing but listening to music, watching ESPN, sitting on the computer, and the sleeping pills I took are not kicking in.

Well restlessly laying in bed thinking about how lonely I am and was wondering if there is people similar to me, I went to google and did a search for loneliness forums so I have people that might be able to identify with me. Almost feel like I am destined to be alone for eternity. I really just want to go out on evenings and meet new people and make friends.

Since this is sort of an introduction thread, I wont spill all my emotions now and give you a little bit about myself and my hobbies. Was born in Southern California and lived in the same city for my entire life. I am 20 years old and go to a community college near home. Watching sports, listening to music (enjoy almost everything but mostly undeground hip-hop), playing basketball, going to concerts or shows, I just recently decided to learn how to play the guitar because I have a lot of free time on my hands, and also playing video games. I am 6 foot and extremely skinny and weak. My self-esteem level is really low because I am ugly. Idk what else to write about and I hope to hear from some of you on this forum.

hi bj. nobodys a waste of life. & u sure dont sound like it even if somebody could b. ur in college. ur learning guitar. these r all good things that show u have a life :)
welcome 2 the forum

Hi, BeastJuice. It doesn't sound like you're a waste of life at all to me. If you're worried about be skinny and weak order some dumbells over tinternet, add more protein to your diet and make a habbit of excercize, I don't know if it's anything like cross country but that can be really addictive once you start (endorphin rush is fun!).

It sounds to me that you have a major problem with yourself, speaking objectively you are: Tall, slim, musical (guitar, F*** Yeah!), sporty (Basketball), attending college and live in california (as a Brit that always sounds kinda cool). Muscle can always be sorted out (not all of us are the right build but everyone can tone up some). Sounds pretty great, eh?

Hoping to hear more from you:)

i feel like a waste of life as well.. it's cause i'm so lazy though, and find a way to screw up everything that's 'important'. Making friends here may make you feel better..

Hello, and welcome! Looks like you're another guitar n00b! I just started a few months ago and I love it. The first time I was at the park playing my guitar and singing and some random people clapped when I finished the song... that was the best feeling I've had in years. It really is an awesome instrument, and no one who plays guitar is wasting their life. I think that if my music can improve one person's day even if it's for just a few minutes then that makes my whole sh*tty week worth it, for just one smile. Really my guitar has brightened my life. I know that probably sounds dumb but it's true. I hope it does the same for you.

Well today I'm working on this renaissance song...
But I've also been learning "Turning Japanese" by The Vapours.
I like to play stuff like "Wonderwall" by Oasis and "Born to Be Wild" by Steppenwolf. I know "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White Ts (great song if you broke high e, you don't need it) and the Spanish Ballad and loads of other random songs. But... I'm a n00b still so I have trouble with lead parts and difficult chords. I've been wrestling with the e pattern chord for a few weeks now and I still suck at it... but I'm getting better.

How about you? What stuff do you play? Guitar or ???? I like ukuleles too, and there's this upright electric bass at the music store that I've been drooling over for months...

Ah, "Turning Japanese" is a cool song. The music video is a lil stereotypical, but the chorus is great. :p

Never been a big fan of "Hey There Delilah" or Oasis (even though I saw them live, lol), but those songs are good to learn. :)

Which e pattern chord are you having trouble with? Open E Major? Barre chords are where it really gets tricky. ><

I play all sorts of stuff on the guitar. Literally, just about every genre applicable. Lots of rock, metal, and classical - especially classical nowadays. Writing stuff on guitar is also fun. :)

I don't play ukulele - I have one, but it's a cheap $20 toy. ><

I play some piano though, but not nearly as well as guitar (which I'm not even that great at in the first place -_- ).

An upright electric bass sounds cool. Personally I've always wanted a drumset. :rolleyes:

Qui said:
Well today I'm working on this renaissance song...
But I've also been learning "Turning Japanese" by The Vapours.
I like to play stuff like "Wonderwall" by Oasis and "Born to Be Wild" by Steppenwolf. I know "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White Ts (great song if you broke high e, you don't need it) and the Spanish Ballad and loads of other random songs. But... I'm a n00b still so I have trouble with lead parts and difficult chords. I've been wrestling with the e pattern chord for a few weeks now and I still suck at it... but I'm getting better.

How about you? What stuff do you play? Guitar or ???? I like ukuleles too, and there's this upright electric bass at the music store that I've been drooling over for months...

F chord. The E pattern barre chord. Big evil. Ouch.
Yeah, drumsets are cool... but I have nowhere to put one and have no ability to play one anyway. Like none at all.
Yeah I'm in the process of writing a song as a joke for my friends...
It's called "The Racist Song" and pokes fun at stereotypes of different ethnicities. I hope to have a verse for each of my friends as we have a variety of ethnicities. I may also include religions... But so far I have only a few verses finished. And just to point this out, the only group I am personally racist or judgmental towards is stupid people. I am very sorry to say this, but I honestly can't help it. I think stupid people are just plain stupid.

^ Sounds like a pretty epic song. :cool:

You're quite right - stupid people are just plain stupid. ;)

Yeah it's hilarious. But I try not to play it around people who don't know about it... I don't want to get beat up or anything.

Latest posts

Back