Loneliness = Depression

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thelonelylife

Reaction score
I think I have hit rock bottom when it comes to loneliness! :(
I look back at the type of person I used to be- a happy person that loved traveling, spending hot summers at the lake, spending time with family, and absolutely loving my life- but things have drastically changed over the past year. My life is now a complete 360 of the life I used to have.

I was super excited to move into my own house back in February and thought for once I might just enjoy be alone again. It'd be nice to come home after a long day at work to a quiet house to unwind- but boy I was wrong. The happiness of moving into my own home didn't last long.

It's like I have completely shut down from the life I once had. I have become severely depressed, struggling to get out of bed in the morning, very anti-social, I stay extremely tired, and my muscles just ache all the time. I see a psychiatrist and am on tons of medicine, but I'm just not getting any better. I try to fill the void of loneliness- but it's becoming my silent killer.

I hate being single and not having many friends. I see all of these happy people dating and getting married, and it makes me feel even lonelier knowing that I'll end up coming home to an empty day after day.

There is no doubt that depression is coming from loneliness. My question is has anyone else had similar experiences?

Yes....just pretty much it for me.
Its not anymore complicated than
that...

Saliatry confinement is one of the
ultimate form of puniishment for
reasons....It can really fresia up a person.

You just gatta force youself to go
out everynight after work.
Hang out in malls. Coffee shops.
join a club. Join a support group,
take night courses. Talk walks after work...
Thats what I did and have to do.
Make myself leave my house aafter work for a couple hours or more
every night.

In time you will adjust to a more
active life style. In time you will
meet more people.
Just keep putting yourself out there
Youll adjust as you go.

Just like it took time for you to
isolate.

staying busy = countering that ****

embrace old hobbies
find new hobbies
work out
work on yourself
get your goals in focus

I know that exercise is a natural mood elevator. Go to the gym and if you don't belong to the gym, go on a long walk every day after work. Maybe even get a dog that you need to walk everyday to force you to get out of the house and provide some companionship too.

Teresa

thelonelylife said:
I think I have hit rock bottom when it comes to loneliness! :(
I look back at the type of person I used to be- a happy person that loved traveling, spending hot summers at the lake, spending time with family, and absolutely loving my life- but things have drastically changed over the past year. My life is now a complete 360 of the life I used to have.

I was super excited to move into my own house back in February and thought for once I might just enjoy be alone again. It'd be nice to come home after a long day at work to a quiet house to unwind- but boy I was wrong. The happiness of moving into my own home didn't last long.

It's like I have completely shut down from the life I once had. I have become severely depressed, struggling to get out of bed in the morning, very anti-social, I stay extremely tired, and my muscles just ache all the time. I see a psychiatrist and am on tons of medicine, but I'm just not getting any better. I try to fill the void of loneliness- but it's becoming my silent killer.

I hate being single and not having many friends. I see all of these happy people dating and getting married, and it makes me feel even lonelier knowing that I'll end up coming home to an empty day after day.

There is no doubt that depression is coming from loneliness. My question is has anyone else had similar experiences?

Why did your life change suddenly? What happened to hanging out with your friends and family? Even if you moved out on your own, you can still mingle with your friends and family like you used to. Guess I'm trying to understand what happened there?

And yes, loneliness leads to depression for some people.

Latest posts

Back