Hello!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desertgirl

Reaction score
Hi! I've been reading lots of the forum posts for a few weeks now. Lots of tears when I realize there are others out there who are like me -- lonely. I don't understand why we need to be lonely when there a billions of people in the world. Anyway, I decided to join to say hi to you all. I'm in my 40's and live in the USA. My only friend is my husband. I have a sister who is my good friend, too. Besides that, I can't call anyone a friend. Lots of acquaintances from work and other functions. I don't understand why people don't want to be with me. I don't understand the constant rejection I get. I have felt it from an early age -- being put constantly put aside as a child. My mom always said, "I can't wait till you kids leave this house!". My dad left when I was one or two -- can't remember. Just found out recently from my mom that my dad never wanted me when he found out my mom was pregnant. So, I have two parents who never really wanted me. I don't know for sure that's the root of my problem, but I'm guessing it is. So......long, long story, but this has been my life. Constant rejection and a sense that no one wants me around. I try my best to be friendly and happy when I'm around other people. I'm not perfect at it, because I can sense the rejection I get at times, but I try my best. I have read, "In order to have a friend, you have to be a friend.", so I've tried to act like that friend that I would want -- ask people about themselves, show interest, sincere compliments, helpful when needed, etc. Still no one wants to be with me. Well, I will wrap this up as I think you have the idea. Just wanted to say "hi" and a thank you to all who have posted. It's nice to not feel so lonely when you realize you are not the only one who has this problem. However, I wish no one would have this problem. Thanks for listening. :)

Latest posts

Back