I used to be lonely but I learned it gets better....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stjames

Reaction score
Hello Guys,
My name is Madison, I live in New Jersey, I am twenty something years old, and I used to be a lonely girl. As far back as I can remember, I was always so shy, quiet, and by myself. Anytime someone would ask me to hang-out I would always decline their offer because I possessed some type of unexplainable fear. But for the most part, I was afraid of being judged, looking silly, and not be interesting; I didn't want to bore anyone. Then as I became older, something just hit me---I was missing out on all of the adventures that my siblings and relatives were experiencing. I didn't want to sit at home on a friday and saturday night all alone, I didn't want to just watch television all day and so I decided that I needed to make some changes in the way I feel about myself and life. After that revelation, I became so much better at life and I now enjoy the adventures of life. I am still shy and quiet but I'm not alone.

I developed self-esteem, I learned to love myself completely, and I learned to believe and have absolute confidence in myself. I think these are major elements that an individual needs to possess in order to live a good social life.

I am here because I understand what everyone here is going through. I believe in always giving back and paying it forward. I want for every person that feels alone, unwanted, unloved..., to know that it can and will get better but you have to put in the work and committment to wanting to get better and enjoy life. Believe me, meeting new people and hanging out is not at all bad as I thought it was. The worst thing we can do to ourselves is waste our lives and have no experiences. The best thing you can do for yourself is take chances and try to give yourself the best live ever before it's too late.

I hope to meet some really great people here that I can influence and can influence me as well. I have a much better and different outlook on life.

Latest posts

Back