Life not quite what you expected?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

Wave Shock

Are you in an awe of disappointment how your life is? Have you wondered what life would and should be like? Did you ever ask yourself, "What went wrong"? Well, look no further with our newest product: Welcome to Life.

You know I actually find myself laughing at this because it's just so pathetic. When I was younger, I always imagined myself living a good life. I would have 1 to 2 good friends. We'd hang out and have great life experiences. I'd find that special girl. It didn't seem to far off from the future.

Then the time comes, and boy, what a rip off that was. I remember my parents teeling me I'd find that girl who would break my shell, I'll become that crazy outgoing teen, I'll make some great friends, etc. All of them shot down by Life itself. Of course, one thing they were right about, is if I did't break my shell I'd be miserable. How ironic can Life be?

So we deal, at least make it look like we deal. We'd smile when we're sad, we'll laugh when we're angry, etc. All because we've learned to teach ourselves to make others think our lives are okay like everyone else. Fact of the matter: We don't let others know how lonely we are. I'm more concered about others that I don'tt want them to think I'm not doing well.

It's just so funny and yet, oh so pathetic. Come on, I'm 18 (I speak in terms of my predicted teenage life. I have more to experience ahead of me), and I've always pictured me with good friends, girlfriend, and a good life to live. Who I was kidding? My eyes show the truth...perhaps blinding myself is the only way to prove my life is okay. In mind-set, it would be a change, but let's face it. Our lives are just a black spiral going nowhere until we start changing. If only it were that easy. Why am I finding this so entertaining? It's happening to me!

i was right w/u on this until i read u were only 18 LoL. sorry man no offense but @ 18 life is just starting. u can make it anything u want 2
alot of ppl wish they could go back 2 the beginning where u r right now & give it another run. but i still like this post bcuz my life.......... is absolutely nothing Lmao like i xpected it 2 b. funny though... i wouldnt go back bcuz my lifes taught me so much. but if i could have the physical age of 18 & still keep all of my xperiences... hell yea!!! i would do that in a heartbeat

Wave Shock said:
Are you in an awe of disappointment how your life is? Have you wondered what life would and should be like? Did you ever ask yourself, "What went wrong"? Well, look no further with our newest product: Welcome to Life.

You know I actually find myself laughing at this because it's just so pathetic. When I was younger, I always imagined myself living a good life. I would have 1 to 2 good friends. We'd hang out and have great life experiences. I'd find that special girl. It didn't seem to far off from the future.

Then the time comes, and boy, what a rip off that was. I remember my parents teeling me I'd find that girl who would break my shell, I'll become that crazy outgoing teen, I'll make some great friends, etc. All of them shot down by Life itself. Of course, one thing they were right about, is if I did't break my shell I'd be miserable. How ironic can Life be?

So we deal, at least make it look like we deal. We'd smile when we're sad, we'll laugh when we're angry, etc. All because we've learned to teach ourselves to make others think our lives are okay like everyone else. Fact of the matter: We don't let others know how lonely we are. I'm more concered about others that I don'tt want them to think I'm not doing well.

It's just so funny and yet, oh so pathetic. Come on, I'm 18, and I've always pictured me with good friends, girlfriend, and a good life to live. Who I was kidding? My eyes show the truth...perhaps blinding myself is the only way to prove my life is okay. In mind-set, it would be a change, but let's face it. Our lives are just a black spiral going nowhere until we start changing. If only it were that easy. Why am I finding this so entertaining? It's happening to me!

Hey I am going to have to agree with newbirth here you are only 18 your life is just beginning you have plenty of time to make something out of it. I know for a fact there are many people on this board and in life that would kill to be in your sitation right now I mean I wish I was 18 again with so many possiblities but hell I will settle with 23 a bit older but even I have plenty of life ahead of me.

So pretty much don't give up already it just begun.

NewBirth said:
i was right w/u on this until i read u were only 18 LoL. sorry man no offense but @ 18 life is just starting. u can make it anything u want 2
alot of ppl wish they could go back 2 the beginning where u r right now & give it another run. but i still like this post bcuz my life.......... is absolutely nothing Lmao like i xpected it 2 b. funny though... i wouldnt go back bcuz my lifes taught me so much. but if i could have the physical age of 18 & still keep all of my xperiences... hell yea!!! i would do that in a heartbeat

Yeah, I guess I spoke in terms of my predicted teenage life. Quite a bit was refered to my bro who is 3 years older than me. I've looked up to him, and I always figured I have friends, a girlfriend, and an outgoing personalitty like him. You are right though, I do have a lot of time and experience ahead of me. I kind of feel out of line now...lol.

Wave Shock said:
NewBirth said:

Yeah, I guess I spoke in terms of my predicted teenage life. Quite a bit was refered to my bro who is 3 years older than me. I've looked up to him, and I always figured I have friends, a girlfriend, and an outgoing personalitty like him. You are right though, I do have a lot of time and experience ahead of me. I kind of feel out of line now...lol.

Nah your not out of line at all. You do have a great future ahead of you but when the present sucks that doesn't make it that much easier.

I would suggest you just try and figure out what you want to do and start moving towards it hopefully friends and everything will come along as you go.

Wave Shock said:

It's just so funny and yet, oh so pathetic. Come on, I'm 18 (I speak in terms of my predicted teenage life. I have more to experience ahead of me), and I've always pictured me with good friends, girlfriend, and a good life to live. Who I was kidding? My eyes show the truth...perhaps blinding myself is the only way to prove my life is okay. In mind-set, it would be a change, but let's face it. Our lives are just a black spiral going nowhere until we start changing. If only it were that easy. Why am I finding this so entertaining? It's happening to me!

I think i was thinking the same thing just recently lol and it was bad. I guess we're too young (in terms of age) to judge how bad life is cos it's only been something-teen years while there are others who've been through so much more.

I don't know but i think Josh is right that you figure out what you want right now. At least you start small to do something to change your life or make it better. I believe what's fate is fate, but you help mould your own future by doing things and making decisions in life to change.

I think it's happening not just to you, but to most other teenagers out there who have had a rough life before and still are. We're all bound to come across this thought at some point in life, now that i see it. It's important to take one thing at a time, and let go of things that you can't deal with or aren't suppose to deal with. And do something to achieve what you want. Someone taught me that ;) and I finally got out of a situation like yours by doing those things. I've had people on the forum giving encouraging words of advice and it at least helped me. So i hope this helps you too (although i'm not as good as the others at saying all this) :)

Wave Shock said:
NewBirth said:

LoL its cool. just the fact that u can reconsider this whole thing. & not react w/anger/stubborness shows alot about u thats good

I think I kinda expect too much out of life, and when it doesn't happen the way I expected it makes me feel unsure about who I am and where I stand and the fact that things are not working out for me. I guess I have to not expect as much as just flow with it.

Oh my god! I'm 32 this month and I can say, I WISH I could do it over again, knowing then what I know now!

I was still a virgin at 18!

I had so many adventures in store for me!

But now, becoming an old hag at age 32, feeling trapped in my suburban life, YES I can say YES I'm surely dissapointed with how my life turned out so far. I can only pray that in the next 10-20 years I actually REACH some goals and not just keep dreaming!

mink said:
Like i always say, age is just a number :)
Doesn't quite work when you tell that to police officers for certain offenses.:p

Latest posts

Back