Why is life so boring??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iris

Reaction score
Do you ever have the feeling that nothing interesting ever happens??!...

There are no interesting people around you, no exciting adventures, nothings offers any excitement or thrill, there are no relationships like those of Edward and Bella or Jacob and Bella, no adventures like in Tron: Legacy, no real connection, etc. I know real life is not fantasy and doesn't compare to books and films but still... Where did all my passion for life go??...

Oh.. and did I mention I contemplate suicide?...

i know exactly how you feel. except for contemplating suicide. this life does often seem boring to me and i think its why i play video games and watch movies/tv shows so much. its my escape from this seemingly boring world that i feel kind of like i dont belong in.

Hello
Just the same here
Isn't it terrible?
I just keep hoping with every day that passes that tomorrow will be different

iris said:

There are no interesting people around you, no exciting adventures, nothings offers any excitement or thrill, there are no relationships like those of Edward and Bella or Jacob and Bella, no adventures like in Tron: Legacy, no real connection, etc. I know real life is not fantasy and doesn't compare to books and films but still... Where did all my passion for life go??...

Was about to say you sound depressed until I saw the last bit and was like... oh...

Life is what you make it

If you sit around at home, dont expect people to just arrive and make it more interesting
If you dont do anything it will be boring
go out and do things, travel, study, join a club to relieve some of the bordom.
Some days can be boring, but try and find a release

iris said:

What? You just expect things to happen by themselves? You actually expect people to entertain you? Big circus?

Go do something stupid. Explore some old building, photograph, etc. Hitchike to some random place. Make something interesting and show it to someone. Don't just sleep and watch movies. Make movies. Haven't you never had the desire to make something better?

Hi everyone and thanks for your thoughts. I guess I'm just very depressed, it's true. Hope we'll feel better soon. I'm planning a trip to a cool city in my country soon, hope this will be fun! After that, we'll see...

My life havnt been boring thats for sure.

Renae and I got a thing going .
So much love...so much hate...so much dramma..

So Jennifer got totally pissed @ me cuase I havnt been putting my best effort into this reltionship
In the middle of that argument I accidenlty called her Renae :( ....It wasnt borning after that. LoL

fresia it anyway...
Im moving to the Beach tomorrow.
Packed half of honeysuckle..threw out the rest.I relocated 6 freaken times in 6 months..Here I go again on this so call road of happy destiny.

I had a chick name Destiny hitted on me not to long ago. Crazy honeysuckle like that that makes my life weird and fun.

There's a reason why romance novels, movies, shows etc are so popular. It is the "ideal" for so many people but to have such unrealistic ideals will only leave you forever unsatisfied because that is not how reality works.
However, real life can be mundane...a lot of the time I feel that I'm going through the motions.
But what I found has helped significantly is setting goals for myself and keeping my calendar packed with things to do (attending festivals, various fun activities etc).
There are some people that can simply do routine - wake up, eat, go to work, see family, sleep and repeat. For myself - I need to change things up now and then...I need a purpose.
Try pursuing some new hobbies - if you find yourself often longing for what is in movies and novels; try a different type of hobby instead. Try something you haven't tried before!
Life is going to have its ups and downs but you just have to try to keep your head up and push forward.

As for suicide...you should get help or find support. If there are other issues that you have other than boredom with life - try to address those as well with help. You don't have to do it alone.

I did RC modeing for years. I build models , fly then. Crash then, rebuild them. Improve my flying skills and building skills. I also met lots of people thats where ineresteted in aviations as I was...different aircrafts. I had lots and lots of fun.
Im also a musician...I love playing my guitar. Sometimes it gets mondan practincing...but Im pretty good and can jam out with people N have fun...Play music and talk about music all day long.

I also Like beautiful women..met plenty of them..but Im totally in love with Renae. Our reltionship is far from borning...I had many.many wonderful times with her as I had some very terrible times and heartaches with her. Ill take a risk on her over and over again...cuz it wouldnt be me..if Im not
crazy in love with her lol

anyway...my life is iwerd with lots of twist and turns. Lots of amazing experines and lots of tears. Full of Love and lots of hate Full fun and full of consequnces. Full of peace and full of chaos sometimes....

Right.or worng Im living it. Breathing it.

Lonesome Crow - you seem so in touch with the abundance of life!

Luna - yes, you're totally right with everything you say. I have some bigger issues than just being bored with life and they're of psychiatric competence.

Because this is capitalism... everyone does the same thing, you go to school, get a job after, make money, popular culture promotes what's suppose to be 'socially fun' like going on holidays, night outs, honeysuckle like that. If you think out of that box, i.e. don't conform, people will neglect you and you'll be left behind. I guess this notion of conformity is what makes life soo boring for me... at least that's how I feel, for others probably not.

hellomiko said:
Because this is capitalism... everyone does the same thing, you go to school, get a job after, make money, popular culture promotes what's suppose to be 'socially fun' like going on holidays, night outs, honeysuckle like that. If you think out of that box, i.e. don't conform, people will neglect you and you'll be left behind. I guess this notion of conformity is what makes life soo boring for me... at least that's how I feel, for others probably not.

Great response! I agree that this is part of it for me.

I was going to talk about money.
New experiences can get you possibly the greatest caliber of excitement achievable. first time sex? first time skating along the lake? first time playing a sport with a group? first time going to a shooting range? first time leaving the country? first time having a conversation using another language? seeing a great movie for the first time is usually the best time, though the second and third can be awesome for picking up on things missed the first time. But that's true with a lot of stuff. But after awhile, it all can get old.

Your financial means has a major effect on the ceiling for new experiences.
While there's MUCH we can do with moderate means, we're still limited by our money - yes, that money we get from spending a LOT of our time WORKING! And that working? boring because it is highly repetitive and probably not enjoyable a great deal of the time.

So limited time, limited money earned doing a non-exciting job which is limiting our potential for new experiences that depend on money...

Limited money has an impact on our mental states as well. We get discouraged about doing things, or don't ever find the drive. How many people will never leave their country because they don't feel they have the money? How many people aren't learning because they don't feel they have the time and money?

Imagine if hours were cut drastically and wages were increased drastically. Imagine MOST people having much more money AND time to enjoy life.

The key is to make due with what you have and be open minded about trying the new things you're able to (as Luna was saying). Since last year I've been all about engaging my hobbies and finding new ones.

My conclusion is that you suffer from depression.

I myself feel like life is boring. I have zero friends, I don't go out, I don't do anything except study and watch movies. Life is boring. Am I doing something to make it more exciting? Yes.

I can't wait to go to my first party. I can't wait to have my own group of friends that I can hang out with. I can't wait to have my first girlfriend.

In time and effort, these things will come along. Life is boring, but we should be working on making it more exciting.

Good luck.

Well, don't do that all day. You have to make a change. Nobody else does it for you. Only you.

For example, go travel, meet people. It's always through meeting people life becomes interesting.

Famous line from my parents. "You've got to get engaged in the world around you." or "You need to get engaged."

Latest posts

Back