suicide.... need advice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idontreallycare

Reaction score
i have just been dumped by my girlfriend and am contemplating suicide. she is now scared of me because she thinks im going to hit her... ( i have no idea how that came to her mind) of course i dont wish to harm her because i am still madly inlove with her. she has blocked me from all contact with her and im sitting here feeling very guilty for not doing anything wrong and almost ruining her life. i care about her so much and there is no way of getting back to her, i want to kill myself, but im too scared when ever i go up to my roof and look down. i just feel like a pathetic piece of honeysuckle who cant do anything

First of all don't kill yourself, i've had people i know commit and attempt suicide.
it ain't the right way to deal with it, in a few minutes some other members are going to probably comment with more and better advice.

Do NOT let an impulse push you into doing permanent damage to yourself. Think of all the people who love you (e.g. your family) and the fact that there are at least another 3 billion female species in this world whom you can potentially meet.....

About 2 months ago, there was a lad in my town. I went to school with him. He was a happy young man, with a career, a loving family and a girlfriend he adored. One night, they had an argument and in a drunken rage his girlfriend dumped him. He went home and hung himself.

Over something so minor, he ended his life. He destroyed himself and ruined the lives of his friends and family who were distraught at the loss of him.

You may love this girl, and I have no doubt that you do, but is suicide really the answer to a question nobody asked?

idontreallycare said:
i have just been dumped by my girlfriend and am contemplating suicide. she is now scared of me because she thinks im going to hit her... ( i have no idea how that came to her mind) of course i dont wish to harm her because i am still madly inlove with her. she has blocked me from all contact with her and im sitting here feeling very guilty for not doing anything wrong and almost ruining her life. i care about her so much and there is no way of getting back to her, i want to kill myself, but im too scared when ever i go up to my roof and look down. i just feel like a pathetic piece of honeysuckle who cant do anything

You care about yourself, not about her. If you cared about her, you would let her go do what she wants to do in peace and be happy with it.

Wait with the suicide until the big emotions have faded calmer a bit, then ask again. Hasty decisions are no good, right now you seem to be panicing.
Suicide is something that one considers many months, even more: years, half lifetimes. If you do this now you would regret it in the last moment bechause you are not sure what the future might bring.

Welcome aboard.

Suicide may seem like an option for you because you are not looking at the grand-scheme of things. There are tons of marriages that go wrong. No relationship is perfect. Yes, being heart-broken is very tough, but life has to go on. Maybe give her time? She may yet try to contact you. If not, there are plenty of women out there. Remember that it is her loss, not yours. Finding good relationships takes patience, I am sure you can do it.

You never know where you'll find your future match, so keep looking!

Good luck.

normally i wont reply to these types of threads. anyways, i'm sure she wasn't your only reason to live. i'm not sure how old you are, but unless you are like 80 years old, you have a long life ahead of you. women will come and go and although it's nice to have one, they're not a necessity to live. well unless you have no clue on how to make a sandwich then you're really SOL :D

A Desolate Soul said:
well unless you have no clue on how to make a sandwich then you're really SOL :D

:D

I agree, women are quite good at making sandwiches.

idontreallycare said:

Hmmm yeap I know how it feels. Sometimes it's kinda dangerous to put all your life, hope and joy into one sole person and when they leave, it seems like there is nothing else to live for.

But there is, and that is for yourself. Because you are worth it.

if you have JUST been dumped by your girlfriend, then you're currently an emotional wreck and it's normal to be in a really bad place mentally/emotionally. But you're also smart enough to know that in a few days, the pain will ease off and you'll start to feel more like your old self again.

It's like stubbing your pinky toe on a desk or something...right when it happens, you scream and curse and wanna blame the desk, then you snap back to reality, start to walk it off...and by the next day you forget about it. With a break-up it'll take a bit longer...but you get the idea :p

Yeah going through a brreak up is narly...My GF and I just broke up a couple days ago....Everybody saw that coming but thats beside the piont.

Not easy to not run with all the crazy honeysuckle that can go in ur head.

You dont have to react to ur thoughts or feelings...process it as best you can..
Cry if you have to. Get angery..feel your anger...
Let go of those thoughts and feelings as best you can...
Let go that feeling of wanting to end your life as best you can...
Dont figure it out...Just feel and let go.

if posible..focus on your life...you hobbies. Educations . Career...etc.

Go outside...get freash air or be in open space..
Take deep breaths
Itll releave tensiions in your brains or mind.

You seem to have a reactive depression because of the break-up. All I can say is don't take hasty decisions and let time heal your pain. I can guarantee the pain fades away with time, I was once in a relationships with someone I truly loved and was devastated when we had to broke up. It took me more than a year to completely recover after that, but it did happen. Try to talk to someone who understands you about the way you feel - a close friend, a brother etc., you'll feel better after that.

Later in time, you'll be happy to be alive, if you don't do it. I know because I did try suicide once.

hi there,

first of all, if you live in Australia, please call LIFELINE counseling service on 131411. They are trained counselors and offer counseling including suicide prevention 24/7. If you are aged between 15-25 you could also call kids help line counseling service and talk to their trained counselors. If you are outside Australia, please call a phone counseling service if it exists in the country you live in. Trust me, counseling will help you change your thoughts and may prevent you from committing suicide.

Your call for help (sending a post on Lonely life forum) is an indication that even though you intend to commit suicide, you want someone to stop you from seeing it through. You want to express your pain and at the same time you would like your pain to go away. You are grieving over your loss (losing your girlfriend and your dreams and expectations of being with her). This is a painful experience for you.

At present you are over whelmed by emotions. You are not looking beyond your immediate pain. Life is worth living for. Life is worth fighting for. Life is a gift. You need to hold on to something that will get you through this tunnel vision, like death is the only answer for you. Hold on to something you used to enjoy before you met her, something that you could pursue past this moment.

People make choices in life. This girl friend chose to end this relationship with you. Reality is that there may be other girl(s) in your life who may end relationship(s) with you. There may be times when you end a relationship with a girl on one or more than one occasion. It is a choice you may make. Reality is that it is OK for people to break up and move on until they find the RIGHT person that they are compatible with and share their life together for a very long time (like marriage). You are not to blame yourself for this break up. It is a choice your girlfriend made. It is possible that she may come back and you may get back together or she may not come back. Then it is your choice to let her go and move on from this relationship. A choice gives you power/positive strength. The point I am trying to make is that break ups are normal part of life. It is part of growing up. It is part of our life journey. We get hurt, we fix ourselves, we pick ourselves, dust off the pain and move on. Live life. Time does heal everything. Time will help you move on.

This is not the time to end your life. Hold on to good times you have had with this girlfriend. All the times when you did do the right thing by her (this will stop you from blaming yourself). This is the time to grieve your loss and then heal and then move on. Day by day, week by week, month by month, you will think less of her and the pain will go away. Please choose to live. There are some babies in this world who don't make it and die after birth. You are the lucky one, you survived birth and childhood. You are a young man or a boy what ever your age may be. You have been given the precious gift of life. You will bring joy to a lot of people that you are destined to cross paths with you and live a happy life. Give your self the opportunity to experience all the positives that life has to offer. Please choose to LIVE.

Cheers

Moonlight

You are lucky to have ever found love.... and thats good sign of things to come in your life. I do not want to make this about me but just want to highlight that there are people worse of than you who somehow survive on day to day. I am thirty and I have never had any real girlfriend. today I had a seriously realistic dream in which I was at the hospital with my wife(imaginary) sharing tender moments over our newborn child. I woke up so depressed around 4am and as pathetic as it sounds i cried myself back to sleep(once again I am a 30 yr old man).

Ask yourself how pathetic is that , there are a billion women out there and here are you and I alone and depressed.... there has to be a reason behind it. I am going to tough it out and see how it turns out and see whether it turns out OK.

Listen if you bothered to post here that means you really dont want to kill yourself.

ALSO!! If you are going to let someone ruin your life... i dont think that will achieve anything.
Do something what everyone else would .... creep her out a bit. Call her from random phone booths and just breathe XD
Have some fun.. a mild revenge i would call it. Or just collect 100 dollars and go and have a good time... what ever you want.

Just dont let some... *****... ruin your life... Go chat with someone. Play random songs that make you feel good. I know that does not seem okay BUT DO THIS. Go to youtube and if you have a youtube channel list through your favourites. If you dont then just play random songs on your computer you have no idea... if you dont XD What random long forgotten music can do to heal stuff... Just dont kill yourself... i mean think of it this way.. you have a bunch of people who are talking you out of it and that ***** isnt doing honeysuckle.. so just side with the people who want good stuff for you.

Dont kill your self. Use your experience and feelings to help others, it is truly and incredible feeling.
I have no idea what kind of difference im doing i mean i have practically no idea in life and i think i wont achieve anything in the future im 17 and depressed sometimes, but dont let other people fresia you up. I could have killed my self and put more weight on my mums shoulders or of other people who care for me. But i didnt.

You want advice? HERE IT IS : DONT KILL YOUR **** SELF!
Kill your soul by all means because it can be healed eventually, but biologically your body cant be healed once its dead.
Go in your room and CRY THE honeysuckle OUT OF YOUR EYES and just be sad and fire it all out.
And go to sleep and tomorrow you will feel better :D

DONT FREAKING KILL YOUR FREAKING SELF i keep saying taht XD.

Here a vid... watch it..: WATCH IT **** IT!!!!!! [video=youtube]

idontreallycare said:

Before you do that, concider the Lord Jesus Christ...He will save you. He is willing and able to take care of things like this and over the years, he's gotten good at it. Call on him ask for him to help you. Tell him your situation, don't hide anything or hold anything back. Even if you have done something horrable, even if you have a temper problem, there is nothing in your life that he can't handle. And there's nothing he isn't willing to change for you. I've been there, I've read and heard lots of testamonies of how God has delivered them situations like these. If you don't believe in him, Call on his name...tell him to prove himeself true. He's always listening and he responds right away when you say his name. Call on him, lean on him, he is the answer...he's the true end to your pain and your problems. The answer isn't in suaside, nor drugs, sex, women, money, alcohol. Those things are not what you need. They wont end your problems. Jesus can do that, he said so, look it up in his word. He said "come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden (those are people with lots of problems) and I will give you rest. He also asks us to cast our care on him. Give him a chance, you wont be disapointed. Seek him and his attention...he has what your looking for just trust me. I know from experiance.

God Bless,
-Katy

"If you really want' it to end it all...Give it all to Jesus."

Latest posts

Back