Hiding you feelings for others

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

Wave Shock

It was something I mentioned before in another post, but it's something I have recently pondered on. I tend to smile or be more optimistic when I'm feeling down around people. I'm usually want others to be happy, so I usually make my life look like is going well. I'm just wondering if people do this, whether as a habit, or willingly? I find it more of a habit, or just something I do automatically.

Of course, the opposite usually occurs in the online sense because we are more open...hence, the reason we're here on this site anyways.

Edit: I seem to be making quite a bit of threads lately...

Wave Shock, it's some sort of both habit and willingly for me.
Habit cos i'm a smiler :)
Willingly cos i know that showing people you're down will bring them and the atmosphere down as well. And in some situations, people around you wouldn't give a hoot about you when they see you're down so they'll just walk away. And cos i like having friends around and having people around, i willingly do it cos if i don't do that, i might just end up walking around alone most of the time (in which i don't really want to at this time of my life).
But my reason's more on not wanting to bring others' moods down.

And yes, i agree with NB, more threads are good :)

Yeah, pretty much anyone can make me smile now for some reason. I guess it makes more sense in not bringing the mood down.

I use to be the opposite in 4th grade, but that's because our teacher would line us up in as such in military. I was a pro in keeping a straight face no matter what he did to make us laugh...Not that this has anyway to pertain to the discussion; I just thought I share this bit of info...

Please refer to the guest's post above this one for my response...Unfortunately, I have a habit in clearing my cache/cookies. Thought I was logged in.

Guest said:
Yeah, pretty much anyone can make me smile now for some reason. I guess it makes more sense in not bringing the mood down.

I use to be the opposite in 4th grade, but that's because our teacher would line us up in as such in military. I was a pro in keeping a straight face no matter what he did to make us laugh...Not that this has anyway to pertain to the discussion; I just thought I share this bit of info...

Lol that happens too. I'm a smiler but i don't smile at people who pisses me off/torture me or is just inconsiderate :rolleyes:

LoL smiling @ ppl who try 2 torture u... really pisses them off ;)
Lmao & smiling @ ppl who want 2 piss u off... well that 1s even better

NewBirth said:

Touché salesman.

NewBirth said:

Lol :D
True, true..

Latest posts

Back