I want to be more

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetviki

Reaction score
Sometimes I think I have a social disorder. I'm attractive and I know that I can be a fun and outgoing individual but I seem to fail to connect with people. In school I've made many accuantances and what people have said to me is to smile more and just approach people and I have tried that. I know most people see me as this shy sweet cute girl that they know but I'm more than that. I want to go hang out, have fun with a group of people maybe go to party or two and not feel like I'm missing out on life. I'm not dissliked, or made fun of I'm just simply there and when I get to know people they are like oh she is cool shes really nice, and pretty but thats about it not 'oh we should go hang out' or 'lets get together' I want to be more than just some person that people know I want to be someone that people want to go hang out with and invite to parties or get togethers or anything but no one thinks of me because I'm just the nice kind quiet girl. I'm not a slut I dont dress slutty I dont sleep around and I'm trying not to get invloved in drama and gossip but I can have a good time , be interesting and funny I have done that before but never with people in school because I'm just that shy girl and I dont know how to portray anything else. I'm not the goody goody girl I can have a good time but I know when to stop and be responsible and have limits. I'm graduating this year so I think college will be alot better but right now I just dont know how to get people to see who I really am. Its seems there is a label on me and to break it I would have to act completely not like myself.

sweetviki said:
Its seems there is a label on me and to break it I would have to act completely not like myself.
looks 2 me like uve worked this out in ur own head already
its the age group. as ppl age this starts 2 change some. & ppl start looking deeper @ all of who u r
im talking in general. some ppl never change w/this
but generally the younger the crowd. well & the more shallow the crowd... the less theyre interested in c-ing who ppl really r
u cant change all of them. & changing who u r just 2 have a "better" social life isnt something id recommend... so that leaves u w/2 choices...
either b satisfied of where u r
or
start looking around 4 a different less shallow group 2 socialize with

sweetviki said:
Sometimes I think I have a social disorder. I'm attractive and I know that I can be a fun and outgoing individual but I seem to fail to connect with people. In school I've made many accuantances and what people have said to me is to smile more and just approach people and I have tried that. I know most people see me as this shy sweet cute girl that they know but I'm more than that. I want to go hang out, have fun with a group of people maybe go to party or two and not feel like I'm missing out on life. I'm not dissliked, or made fun of I'm just simply there and when I get to know people they are like oh she is cool shes really nice, and pretty but thats about it not 'oh we should go hang out' or 'lets get together' I want to be more than just some person that people know I want to be someone that people want to go hang out with and invite to parties or get togethers or anything but no one thinks of me because I'm just the nice kind quiet girl. I'm not a slut I dont dress slutty I dont sleep around and I'm trying not to get invloved in drama and gossip but I can have a good time , be interesting and funny I have done that before but never with people in school because I'm just that shy girl and I dont know how to portray anything else. I'm not the goody goody girl I can have a good time but I know when to stop and be responsible and have limits. I'm graduating this year so I think college will be alot better but right now I just dont know how to get people to see who I really am. Its seems there is a label on me and to break it I would have to act completely not like myself.

Give it time..college is a lot different. There are many clubs and social activities all designed to help you find what you're looking for. But most of all..be true to yourself..be who you are. Because in life..it's not about impressing others.. you will never please everyone. So learn to please yourself first..that way you will be happy. And nothing attracts friends like genuine happiness.

Good advice. You don't sound like there is anything wrong with you. You're probably just misunderstood like I was. No one seems to get you and you can't seem to get anyone else. That's fine. You are unique. You are you. NEVER, ever try to be anyone else for any reason. People "change" themselves because they are tools just trying to fit the mold. Be better than them. People will find your genuineness attractive in time, especially as you get older.

If you are having trouble making friends now it will probably still be difficult in college. It depends on how aggressive you are at the beginning. Be sure that when you start you take a lot of initiative early, before cliques and tight groups start to form. I still remember my first few days. They were scary indeed. But I forced myself out there. I sat with a girl I liked in my first week and we eventually formed a long-term relationship. I randomly talked to people and started some friendships. I lost a lot of friends, was hurt by a lot of people, and in the end I came out lonely, but considering who I was back then I am very proud of myself for what I did: I had a long-term relationship experience and a couple friends who I still talk to once in a while.

Just remember to always confidently be yourself and aggressively put yourself out there. Things might not work out for you right away, but they will in the long run.

Latest posts

Back