Crippling depression

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

hi,
like many of u i dont have any friends. Im 17 yrs old and i was hoping to get to a good college by keeping my grades up and that was actually the only hope or dream ive had in 2 yrs, yet ive screwed up one of the most important papers that was gonna decide where i go. PPL who party all the time and just study last min got good marks, but i studied hard day and night and nothing happened for me , IM LIKE WTF , where is my silver lining ? when is it gonna get better for me . Some people told me to have fun and look forward to the future...but HOW CAN I ? i dont have any friends to enjoy it with , and really i have no future now....i feel like breaking something, but i realize i cant afford to break anything now.....WHY ME?? why ******* me ???? :( i dont even know HOW I GOT BAD GRADES ON THAT TEST !!!!!!

you don't know that you have no future. Ever hear the five for fight song '100 years to live'

it says...15 there's still time for you, time to fight and time to lose yourself within a morning star... 15 i'm alright with you..
17..you are so young, you future is anything but nothing. SCREW SCHOOL in any case, lol kidding! Just keep studying, sit over the test next year.. i repeated 2 years in school ..it can actually be a really good learning experience

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY ...don't be depressed.. there are more important things in life to fuss over than grades, or school. School should always be about learning, not exams marks or what job you get afterwards.. it's about education

15 there's still time for you!

Is there any way you can take a re-test?
Maybe you study but not totally focused and interested? Cos that could cause the bad grades.
Been there and done that lol. Waste of time if you study but don't focus (referring to myself before :D).

Never let school get in the way of your education!

Many of our brilliant writers, artists, etc, never went to school. Bill Gates was a college drop out!

Don't judge yourself so harshly. You have at least 50 YEARS to make your life change in the way you want to!

Don't give up! There are always GED programs or special programs to accelerate your degree if you just can't stand school. Ask at your local church if they know about how to get homeschooled or GED program.

Hugs!

Guest said:
hi,
like many of u i dont have any friends. Im 17 yrs old and i was hoping to get to a good college by keeping my grades up and that was actually the only hope or dream ive had in 2 yrs, yet ive screwed up one of the most important papers that was gonna decide where i go. PPL who party all the time and just study last min got good marks, but i studied hard day and night and nothing happened for me , IM LIKE WTF , where is my silver lining ? when is it gonna get better for me . Some people told me to have fun and look forward to the future...but HOW CAN I ?

Most schools will look at more than just one paper in your academic career. Overall grades, attendance and just how you present yourself says a lot to most schools worth going to. Is it possible the damage isn't as bad as it seems? If so, find a way to fix it. Like someone mentioned above, a retest could be possible.

As for having no friends, I think this will fix itself in time. You're very young and statistically speaking it's inevitable that you'll make some friends. You just have to keep trying, regardless of how hard it may seem.

Sounds like worst thing is you don't get into choice college. I am assuming you either did badly on ACT or SAT and thats why can't get into college you want. Hell worst thing you can do is go to a community college for a while get good grades there and then transfer to a better school.

Like a lot of other people are saying don't stress it too much you are only 17 you got plenty of life ahead of you just don't let this make you not go to school make sure you go to college.

Sorry. I wish I cared that much about the future, but no matter what I do I just can't. I'm in high school and I'm ashamed of my 3.3 GPA but when I look at what I want for the future, all I can see is a cloud of loneliness.
I hope you can resolve your issues and find peace.
In fact, I wish that to everyone here.
Be happy, please.

Hummm haha, well, I am in the university and my GPA is hovering above 2.0 sucks...getting close to being kicked out.... yet due to my loneliness, I have lost my mood to study =(

Latest posts

Back