Why would anybody do this?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosalyn

Reaction score
Why would somebody try, and I mean really try very hard, to act as if they really care about you for over a year and then claim they have no internet/try and hide from you?

Some kind of sadistic pleasure? Surely there are quicker ways for people like that to get their fix. >_>

Even her very last message was very touching, like she really cared.

How hard did she try? The efforts of others seem hard to put into words, but she would send me lengthy messages. Which were always very affectionate....It was obvious she was pretty odd mentally, but it didn't bother me. It didn't seem that bad.

By the way, if you happen to be a member here.....fresia. YOU. B-U-D-D-Y!

(sorry for the bad language, I'm pretty upset right now)

No, really. I can't figure it out at all. If anybody has the answer, please let me know. She acted like the kindest, most gentle person I ever met. But then, thanks to Google, I discovered she's a very big liar.

She would often vanish for several weeks on end after being around a lot for several. She claimed to lead a busy life, but maybe she was just screwing around with some other person (Google also showed that she has anything but a busy life).

Well, she's obviously a predator of sorts. I just hope nobody else falls prey to her.

It sounds creepy that I looked her up on Google, but I'd not seen her about in much longer than usual and I missed her. :|

Was this the right category? Sorry if not. Just really needed to vent.

Now excuse me whilst I go mutilate her effigy some more (don't worry, just in Photoshop, or something. I'm not crazy. Maybe.).

Some people enjoy toying with others for their own amusement; some people are narcissistic and truly without conscience, they do it because it's what they ARE

Other people gain a twisted kind of courage on the internet and pretend to be something other than what they are IRL and make up grandiose lies about themselves, whether it's for a thrill or to make themselves feel powerful or whatever other reason.

Chalk this up as a learning experience.

Thanks both. Guess I'll just have to move on, and as you say, learn from it. Just a real bummer since I'd finally learned to really trust people again.

I understand what you're saying, but at the same time I can't understand it, does that make sense? I wudda thought somebody like that would have gotten bored long ago, but I guess the longer they hold on the more they can hurt the other person.

I think my half-sister toys with me. She keeps on promising that she would find a way to come see me. Haven't seen her in 2 years. **** it, it's not like I have really anyone else...

Hello Rosalyn, you mentioned that the lady in question was pretty odd mentally. Maybe she is caught up in her own mental health problems and is unable to put herself in the place of others and to see how much pain she has caused? I'm so sorry that you have been so hurt by her.

Sometimes people like to toy with the emotions of others to make themselves feel better.
But it may also be that she just has issues, and cuts people out of her life because she can't deal with relationships after a while.

I totally tried clicking on the words "Big lair" to see if it was a hyperlink to the juicy details.

I'm sorry you have to go through this. Its a terrible feeling when you think you found a true, trustworthy friend and they suddenly drop you. I had a similar situation happen to me in real life about a year and a half ago. I got really close to a fellow female, I thought I found my "sister," someone just as nuts yet just as loving as me. She literally left one day to another state to go be with her ex without telling me, after that incident I found out many things; the friendship was only real to me. It scarred me really bad, that was the 3rd dear female friend I had that managed to really hurt me and use me. To this day I have not trusted another person as much as I trusted her, and it will be a long time before I am able to.

It sucks that people exist like that. I do not have an answer for you other than that everyone is messed up. Some people will hurt others for seemingly no reason but oftentimes it can be traced back to their own inner turmoil and pain. Although perpetuating said pain doesn't accomplish anything... People are strange.

*Hugs*

If she went and disappeared on you I'm not sure why you think she is predatory? It sounds like the reverse to me.
It sounds like she has issues that may be the cause of her disappearance. It may not have anything to do with you. Whether she was genuinely trying to connect with you, or genuinely trying to cause you emotional harm, you're best leaving this alone.
I understand that you're angry and hurt but to me, your reaction sounds kind of aggressive and scary. I'm not trying to be rude so don't take this post to heart. It's only one persons opinion.

roguewave said:
your reaction sounds kind of aggressive and scary. I'm not trying to be rude so don't take this post to heart. It's only one persons opinion.

I agree on this, your post did sound somewhat aggressive. If anything its better to calm down a little before writting something you didnt want to accedently

Also i had a similar experience with a girl before. I would just call it an infatuation and it usually just dies out after a while. In the end it could just possibly be a brief intrest, which would explain genuine feelings at the momment.

tangerinedream said:
Some people enjoy toying with others for their own amusement; some people are narcissistic and truly without conscience, they do it because it's what they ARE

This, I had a boss like that. Some people are just sick sacks of crap.

Latest posts

Back