Lonely, but looking to make a change.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sira

Reaction score
So, I'm new! Just found this website a few hours ago after searching for days now, looking for some place where I could find other people who might be a little like me.

I've been lonely for a long time now. I never was that social in school, but I still managed to have some friends. None of them were ever really what I would call "close friends" though. Now, it seems I've hit a new kind of loneliness. Even the online friends I had, aren't really my friends anymore.

So! This is my introduction. I'm never good at these kinds of things, because I never really know what to say, so I ramble. Which is kinda what I'm doing right now. xD Anyways though... I'm looking to make a change. I do want other people to talk to, because I love listening to people's stories. And I like sharing common interests with people, be those interests mine, or theirs. But, as I said, I want to make a change. I want to break out of my shell of shyness and loneliness, and start living life and enjoying myself. I hold myself back too much, and that sucks. :(

Anyways! Good to be here! A Lonely Life seems like a good place to be, and a good place to meet new people. :)

Sira said:

So! This is my introduction. I'm never good at these kinds of things, because I never really know what to say, so I ramble. Which is kinda what I'm doing right now...

Hi Sira,

well, it sounds like a good start. I bet you don't ramble more than me :)

Sira said:
...I'm looking to make a change. I do want other people to talk to, because I love listening to people's stories. And I like sharing common interests with people, be those interests mine, or theirs...

What you're saying is appealing. It makes your start even nicer (I'm sorry I'm not here to judge :)

Sira said:
...I want to break out of my shell of shyness and loneliness, and start living life and enjoying myself....

Apparently, you've just 'break out of your shell'. And you're not alone here.

All the best!

rivermaze said:

All the best!

Thanks! :D It feels good to be among others. :) Nice to meet you. ^-^ And hey, if you ever feel like rambling, I'm always happy to listen. :)

Sira said:
rivermaze said:

All the best!

Thanks! :D It feels good to be among others. :) Nice to meet you. ^-^ And hey, if you ever feel like rambling, I'm always happy to listen. :)

I'm a good listener too. We could end up listening without saying a word. It's pretty weird thought.

Mind you, Sira, I'm twice as old as you and I'm scary. Anyway, if you by any chance decide for saying something rather than listening, I'm around.

Lol. Well, I like to think my mind is a bit older than my physical years, but doesn't every young person like to say that? xD

And ya know, you don't seem so scary to me. Should I be more wary of you? :p You seem nice. :)

I'd be happy to talk! I'm just not very good at it. :\ And no one ever listens to me anyways. xD Least, not most people I associate with. And that includes my significant other. o_O

Give me something to talk about, and I'll talk about it. :) I love a good conversation, especially when it goes so far off from the starting point. That's how you know you've been having a good conversation. :)

I'm rambling again, aren't I? Go ahead rivermaze, ramble if you'd like now. :)

Sira said:
Lol. Well, I like to think my mind is a bit older than my physical years, but doesn't every young person like to say that? xD

And ya know, you don't seem so scary to me. Should I be more wary of you? :p You seem nice. :)

I'd be happy to talk! I'm just not very good at it. :\ And no one ever listens to me anyways. xD Least, not most people I associate with. And that includes my significant other. o_O

Give me something to talk about, and I'll talk about it. :) I love a good conversation, especially when it goes so far off from the starting point. That's how you know you've been having a good conversation. :)

I'm rambling again, aren't I? Go ahead rivermaze, ramble if you'd like now. :)

I'm not nice!!! I'm the scariest person you can imagine (and you the funniest one)

ok Sira, tell us or me (if you prefer ,you can pm or email me) what's you favourite book, what you do in your spare time and where you go for a walk and why?

rivermaze said:
I'm not nice!!! I'm the scariest person you can imagine (and you the funniest one)

ok Sira, tell us or me (if you prefer ,you can pm or email me) what's you favourite book, what you do in your spare time and where you go for a walk and why?

I'm not nice either!! And I'm pretty scary too! o.o Especially right when I wake up in the mornings. :p I get serious bedhead.

But! To answer your questions, (which I could answer here in a post because I'm already here. :p), It's hard for me to choose a favorite book, because I LOVE reading so much. I can tell you a book I liked though! Ever read Swan Song by Robert Mccammon? It was a depressing book, but the end made up for all the bad things happened in the book. It made me think though, so I liked it a lot. If there's anything I love more than dirt pudding, it's being made to think. :)

Uh... in my spare time, I read (anything from books to articles), or do some art works. :) I also make it a goal to expand my knowledge in something every day. Or I watch movies on netflix. :p And for walks... I go to a nearby park and sit on the swing. It helps me think. :)

You do know that you'll have to answer these same questions for me, right? :p I'll only talk if I get to here you talk in return. :) I've read your bio though, so I know some of the things you like to do. Any other hobbies? And what's you're favorite book and why?

Latest posts

Back