lonely girl

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For years now i've had some problems with my self esteem, probably stemming from being bullied at school and never speaking up about it as well as having adults tell me that i was fat and would talk down to me when i was younger just made me feel terrible about myself and even now that im at a good university and have started taking better care of myself i still can't shake off these old insecurites.

if it's not me feeling ugly and fat because thats what i used to get bullied then it's being picked on because im not really a confrontation kind of person as well as continuing to go out with guys who really aren't good for me, case and point, i allowed myself to be someone's dirty little secret and never once did i stand up for myself the way i should. my lack of self worth even has me constantly worry that my friends don't like me anymore or that they just put up with me. even more so now that they have stopped getting in touch with me.

anyway, i know im not alone in this, hence why im here, i just think it would be nice to chat amongst people who have the same kind of issues that they are trying to work through

Welcome. Life definitely can be difficult for some, while others seem to get all the breaks. You can be sure that you are not alone in your feelings. I was an outcast in school myself, but reached a point where I decided to become a nightmare to all the popular people. I figured if it was my lot in life to be on the outside that I was going to make them all fear me. Not by going Columbine on anybody, this was the 80's, but by making them all afraid of me by reputation. Anyway, the point is all that is long over, and I'm now a successful professional in spite of the grand conspiracy to keep "people like me" down. People bully because they are mean, and they want to keep people oppressed who could otherwise overtake their world. You can be whatever you want as long as you never surrender to the status quo. You are a beautiful person no matter what you have been led to believe. Don't swallow their BS, and you will find true happiness if you refuse to submit. The waiting really is the hardest part. Just keep moving forward with school to make your dreams come true. Hold to integrity and high standards for yourself and let others see you shine.

bootlegspm said:
Welcome. Life definitely can be difficult for some, while others seem to get all the breaks. You can be sure that you are not alone in your feelings. I was an outcast in school myself, but reached a point where I decided to become a nightmare to all the popular people. I figured if it was my lot in life to be on the outside that I was going to make them all fear me. Not by going Columbine on anybody, this was the 80's, but by making them all afraid of me by reputation. Anyway, the point is all that is long over, and I'm now a successful professional in spite of the grand conspiracy to keep "people like me" down. People bully because they are mean, and they want to keep people oppressed who could otherwise overtake their world. You can be whatever you want as long as you never surrender to the status quo. You are a beautiful person no matter what you have been led to believe. Don't swallow their BS, and you will find true happiness if you refuse to submit. The waiting really is the hardest part. Just keep moving forward with school to make your dreams come true. Hold to integrity and high standards for yourself and let others see you shine.

thanks, i really appreciate your msg :)

lonelyfairy said:
I was bullied also. :( It's terrible...

did u manage to find peace with it all? as in, does the stuff u were bullied still bother u? im kinda hoping it will fade eventually but sometimes it comes back to haunt me

strawberryfields said:
lonelyfairy said:
I was bullied also. :( It's terrible...

did u manage to find peace with it all? as in, does the stuff u were bullied still bother u? im kinda hoping it will fade eventually but sometimes it comes back to haunt me

I have found the peace with that, almost... However, it has been a very long journey. Yes, sometimes it comes back to haunting me, too. But it comes less and less every day. I try to move on, it's past, and I can't do anything about it. I have decided that I don't let those bullies win!

strawberryfields said:
For years now i've had some problems with my self esteem, probably stemming from being bullied at school and never speaking up about it as well as having adults tell me that i was fat and would talk down to me when i was younger just made me feel terrible about myself and even now that im at a good university and have started taking better care of myself i still can't shake off these old insecurites.

if it's not me feeling ugly and fat because thats what i used to get bullied then it's being picked on because im not really a confrontation kind of person as well as continuing to go out with guys who really aren't good for me, case and point, i allowed myself to be someone's dirty little secret and never once did i stand up for myself the way i should. my lack of self worth even has me constantly worry that my friends don't like me anymore or that they just put up with me. even more so now that they have stopped getting in touch with me.

anyway, i know im not alone in this, hence why im here, i just think it would be nice to chat amongst people who have the same kind of issues that they are trying to work through

I know exactly how you feel.

I'm sorry that life hasn't gone your way so far.
While I was growing up, I was constantly told that I was fat and ugly.

I even had an Aunt tell me I was fat and ugly till I'd cry, then she'd laugh at me while my Dad just sat there and did nothing. This happened on more than one occasion.

I'm very sorry about how things have been going for you, and I too know how hard it can be to let go of things that bother you. In fact, that is one of the things I am currently working on in therapy.
I think its great though that you managed to share your feelings, if your like me its very difficult, so think about how much of a big step you just took towards dealing with all those inner demons.

Hopefully you'll have a wonderful day today, or at least have something to look forward too!

Latest posts

Back