We're all still human.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EveWasFramed

Reaction score
We are all human. We will piss people off, hurt their feelings, look at things from different (and sometimes skewed) points of view. We can be intolerant and very selfish at times. We make mistakes, sometimes huge and far-reaching ones. We all have our own opinions. Some of us like ourselves (sometimes too much) and some of us don't like ourselves at all.
We get hurt, we get lied to, cheated on and crapped on. Other people treat us poorly and use us.

I have to wonder if it's a cycle of some sort and where we can draw the line. Does there come a point where we have to let the bad things go and just try to do our best to become better people?

Thoughts? (please, no fighting :p )

Lol, I just don't bother to feel guilty when I have a falling out with someone. It is much easier to move on from it then.

I also know that no matter what I do I will always hurt others, say the wrong thing, piss people off, delight them, and make them happy. So I don't worry too much, because I know I am human.

I take a neutral stance towards myself (or try to), though sometimes I lean towards the "I don't deserve to have people like me, or this person is being too nice to me, nicer than I deserve." And sometimes I lean towards "I think I have a good will in general even though I stray sometimes."

Those are my thoughts eve. This forum has actually taught me a lot about choosing whether to become upset with peoples points of views or what they say, and I am still working on this.

I've learned some of the same, except I always still feel the guilt. Sometimes I even feel guilty that I MIGHT hurt someone's feelings. :p

Yeah, the guilt remains, but if I remind myself that everyone makes mistakes, it doesn't seem to linger quite as long. I've never tried to hurt someone on purpose, and I guess that helps as well.

EveWasFramed said:
I've learned some of the same, except I always still feel the guilt. Sometimes I even feel guilty that I MIGHT hurt someone's feelings. :p

Yeah, the guilt remains, but if I remind myself that everyone makes mistakes, it doesn't seem to linger quite as long. I've never tried to hurt someone on purpose, and I guess that helps as well.

Well I never try to hurt anyone on purpose either.

It just happens, and I accept that.

Also, in the same vein, I realize that once trust is broken, you can apologize and the pieces can be put back together, but the cracks will always remain, and I guess I just feel foolish apologizing if I feel as though I won't be forgiven or if the forgiveness will never be the same as before I hurt the person.

*scratchs head*

i try to learn from everything good and bad.
i will never intentionally/knowingly hurt or use someone.
but i know i made mistakes and ill make more for sure.
i think remembering the "bad" things you might have done is part of becoming a better person.
making sure you dont do it again or handle it better next time.
im actually glad i feel guilty and i dont want to forget.
but i think you do have to forgive yourself though.
i will always be trying to become a "better" person.
and i expect the same from anyone really.

we are all human we do all make mistakes.
its how you feel about it afterwards and what you do with it that matters to me.

This talk about guilt is interesting to me.
When I felt there was something wrong with the picture, I stopped calling for months. The time allowed me to consider that maybe I'd done something wrong. I decided to continue intiating contact ("trying again") and even asked for forgiveness for any wrong I may have done, not that I was aware of wrong doing on my part. There was some renewal of optimism and yet the picture was just as wrong as ever and had grown to be even more wrong. So I ceased again. This time there was no questioning myself, and it has made things easier. There was still the shock factor, but at least I wasn't blaming myself for a failed attempt to build a meaningful relationship with this person. It always takes two.

i think we all have the same appointment...eventually.

i've had a little glimpse of it.

people are people.

but people are so shallow and empty, superficial and weak, greedy and pathetic.

most people will grow a conscience on their death bed, if fate provides them with the opportunity.

it's just such a shame, that FINALLY understanding usually comes for most people at the end.

the few of us who get it, before the end, are usually walking around alone and disconnected,

looking at everyone else through a fog.

it's so rare that another's voice actually speaks to me nowadays.

i find that most people speak in very superficial terms and tend to focus on the things that don't really matter.

whereas i tend to communicate in the spectrum of intentions, principles, and spirit.

i rarely care about what is said, but care why it is said.
what is done, why was it done.
etc

what was the "prime mover" behind the action?

i tire very quickly with superficiality, and the older i get, the more i see of it. sometimes in the most unexpected of places. teachers, leaders, heroes, you never know.

What bothers me is that when you spend your life trying to treat people decent, you just seem to get walked on.

bootlegspm said:
What bothers me is that when you spend your life trying to treat people decent, you just seem to get walked on.

Yeah....seems to happen a lot. Though you have to wonder sometimes if I ever did the walking and just didnt realize it. Or at least I wonder about that anyway.

Agreed, but is not having any feelings at all worth what you'd have to give up? That would mean you'd never feel love for anyone.

At least with being able to feel - although you have to suffer the most painful, difficult emotions - there is a chance to experience happiness and joy even if it is fleeting.

With feeling nothing at all - neither good or bad - might as well be a walking corpse.

The key is to be able to manage the bad, but to appreciate and work towards the good.

Luna said:
At least with being able to feel - although you have to suffer the most painful, difficult emotions - there is a chance to experience happiness and joy even if it is fleeting.

With feeling nothing at all - neither good or bad - might as well be a walking corpse.

The key is to be able to manage the bad, but to appreciate and work towards the good.

Very well said, Luna.

you should still try to feel.

because to allow the world, or others, to force you to not feel...is weakness.

and you don't want that.

your goal should be to find that one person who allows you to feel "completely",

who wants you to, who enables you to...feel...

all the way, all the time.

AND VICE VERSA.

blackhole said:

and you don't want that.

your goal should be to find that one person who allows you to feel "completely",

AND VICE VERSA.

I dont think Ive ever run into anyone like that. Do they really exist I wonder.

EveWasFramed said:
blackhole said:

and you don't want that.

AND VICE VERSA.

Yes, maybe your own mother or something like that.

beans said:
EveWasFramed said:
blackhole said:

and you don't want that.

AND VICE VERSA.

Yes, maybe your own mother or something like that.

lmao, um...no, not her. :p

Latest posts

Back