Heart broken

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guyonthelake

Reaction score
I have tell my story even though it shows how stupid I am. A lady I have worked with for five years and I have had a sexual relationship for the past 5 months. She has boyfriend and I knew that. I elected to end our relationship because I feel guilty being the other man. She tells me she really has feelings for me but I have to doubt that. If she did she would be with me. All I really know is I really hurt. Thanks for letting me vent I have never felt more alone.

SignedSierraLynn said:
I know that feeling. I just had a bad breakup and it hurts so much. I'm so sorry. *hugs*

Thank you. I feel so stupid. I wasn't supposed to let anybody in.

i know how you feel and i know that at the moment not a lot people can say will make you feel ok again but luckily u have time on your side and eventually this will start to be less painful to deal with and before u know it you might even meet another woman who is available and openly crazy about you and will make u much happier. until then though, be sure to look after yourself, spend a lot of time with your friends and keep busy, it worked for me when i had a breakup and im sure u will be able to get through this

Guyonthelake said:
... I elected to end our relationship because I feel guilty being the other man. She tells me she really has feelings for me but I have to doubt that. If she did she would be with me. All I really know is I really hurt ...

I believe you did the right thing even though it hurts.

(vvv Conjecture vvv)

Sometimes, we do not always have the full picture or they say the other relationship will end soon.

By the time we realize that the other relationship is not going to end, we have already fallen for the person; and to top it off, they normally want their cake and ice cream too.

Hope you feel better soon.

*Puts hand on back for a split second for the equivalence of a heterosexual guy hug*

She is the one who chose to stray.... sometimes it's hard when you are lonely to refuse offers of comfort even if you know it's against your best interest.

You did the right thing by ending it.

Oneday a farmer's horse ran away.
His nighbour said..."that's messed up dude"
Farmer said "IDK if that was a good thing or a bad thing"

The next day the horse ran back through fram leading a pack of wild mustang
into the stable.
His neighbour said "holy honeysuckle man...you're so fucken lucky your horse ran away"
Farmer relpied " IDK...."

The next day the farmer's son fell off one of the mustang and broke his leg...
Nighbour say.."wow man, that's a bad thing, those mustangs are bad signs"
Farmer said " Errrr,,,IDK"

The next day the army came through town to recuit young men for war.
Since the farmer's son ha a broken leg the army didnt recuit him....
Nighbour say..."wow man..its a good thing ur son broke his leg yesterday"
Farmer said " STFU already" lmao

Hmmm well I believe that a slip up is ok. You get one... Or two. ANYWAY this lady cheated with you for 5 months. Not only did she cheat but she lied to you about being with another guy. So guess what chances are she would have done the same to you. Me personally, I would have told her I don't mind being the other man. However, I hold no loyalty to her and she could never be my girlfriend.

I guess my point is you are crying because you bought 2% milk instead of skim milk. You were nourished and it did not taste bad. What have you really lost?

Can I ask more or less how old you are?

Maybe you can get back to her & see how things evolve

It seems you both care for each other - why not give it a new go?

x

I am 48. We still work together and still talk often. I don't have any idea where it ends up. We are still friends but i guess the problem is I want more.

Latest posts

Back