loneliness has beaten me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theqazqaz

Reaction score
Today i have realized that i can no longer fight off depression and suicidal thoughts. While thinking to myself, cus i have no one to talk to, i looked back on my life and saw a big empty hole, im 17,about to be 18,and have never had a relationship,which is what i so deeply desire. i have no one to turn to and i have been thinking of suicide again, i have tried once before but that only put me in a hospital and on a variaty of pills. some days are just so unbareable that i can barely get out of bed, let alone go to school. i have friends at school but i still feel empty or as if something is missing. anyways i plan on taking a mountain of ambian and finding some alcohal to ensure my plan is successful. i posted this because i feel like i need to here other peoples thoughts or even just to talk to someone.

no offense... but your only 17. im 29 and i have never had a relationship and i am not suicidal. i am depressed at times, but not suicidal. you have so much time to make up for it.

edgecrusher said:
no offense... but your only 17. im 29 and i have never had a relationship and i am not suicidal. i am depressed at times, but not suicidal. you have so much time to make up for it.

well i have been suicidal for about a year and after my first attempt i kept telling my self that i would better myself and find someone to share my life with but it seems that i only withdrew even more and that void kept growing and now its unbareable. i see your point about me being young but i cant see myself growing old ,not that your old, by myself.

First off, if you consider yourself suicidal over not having a girlfriend, i guarantee you that you're issues are bigger than that of not having a girlfriend

Secondly, all the negativity and self deprecation that you're holding on to is not going to put you into any healthy relationship. Notice i didn't say you can't get a girlfriend in your current state but If it turns out you did, chances are really high that she's going to have deep seeded issues that rival your own and the relationship would be that of a parasitic, co-dependency. Again, not healthy

Last but not least, you have to make steps to change your way of thinking and how you view yourself. It's not easy at all but you have to work at it. We teach people how to treat us. If you feel like your worth nothing by wanting to commit suicide then how do you expect anyone to see value in you?

[quote='hbkdx12'
i dont consider myself suicidal because i dont have a girlfriend, but rather because i dont "live" for anything. For some people its there job or traveling or whatever it maybe but for me i always dreamed of gazing into a girls eyes as i wrapped my arms around her. but dreams only get you so far and without that dream i dont see a reason to live

and that thing you want to "live" for is to be in a relationship with that special someone i take it?

theqazqaz said:
hbkdx12 said:
That sounds a lot like me, having nothing to live for but not having any close friends (or a girlfriend in your case) to share life with.

Youre still young though, as am I (20) right now it may seem hopeless like itll never get better, but Ive had that feeling way too often and Im always having to decide, do I kill myself? Or do I keep going? I think you can guess which one I choose time and time again XD what keeps me going is the thought that Ill someday be happy, after 9 years of trying to find good friends that I can be really close with, Im not gonna throw those years away, I see youve suffered quite a bit, but to kill yourself is to take all that suffering and basically say that it was for nothing, which is a huge insult to yourself.

Im always here if you want to PM chat

hbkdx12 said:
and that thing you want to "live" for is to be in a relationship with that special someone i take it?

yeah its just to me the term "girlfriend" doesnt hold any value because i see all kinds of ******** who have a new "girlfriend" every week but i want someone who will stay with me through thick and thin, you know what i mean.

Fvantom said:
theqazqaz said:
hbkdx12 said:
That sounds a lot like me, having nothing to live for but not having any close friends (or a girlfriend in your case) to share life with.

Youre still young though, as am I (20) right now it may seem hopeless like itll never get better, but Ive had that feeling way too often and Im always having to decide, do I kill myself? Or do I keep going? I think you can guess which one I choose time and time again XD what keeps me going is the thought that Ill someday be happy, after 9 years of trying to find good friends that I can be really close with, Im not gonna throw those years away, I see youve suffered quite a bit, but to kill yourself is to take all that suffering and basically say that it was for nothing, which is a huge insult to yourself.

Im always here if you want to PM chat

its just gotten so hard to keep pushing myself that death seems like a relief.

just find something to keep you happy and remember that youre still young, and that theres someone out there whos perfect for you, but if you give in now, youll never meet them, stay strong and youll be okay.

Fvantom said:
just find something to keep you happy and remember that youre still young, and that theres someone out there whos perfect for you, but if you give in now, youll never meet them, stay strong and youll be okay.

well thanks for the help but i think i lost this time goodbye

theqazqaz said:
hbkdx12 said:

yeah its just to me the term "girlfriend" doesnt hold any value because i see all kinds of ******** who have a new "girlfriend" every week but i want someone who will stay with me through thick and thin, you know what i mean.

you shouldn't seek a partner simply to validate you

it's unfair on that person because no matter what they will never provide you with the complete and undividing attention you seek, life still goes in a relationship it's not a magical utopia of sunshine and rainbows it has its own unique stresses

my advice is to do things to build strength and character in yourself, and ignore these thoughts of suicide. life should be about survivalism, not self-destruction. If you can train your thoughts to default to the former rather than the latter you will realise how to cope.

Latest posts

Back