It's nearly 1 am... oh and Hi :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

ForeverForlorned

It's nearly 1 am... and it's the second day i've stayed up this late... all thanks to my loneliness.

Anyways hi... I'm Sam and 18... i was looking for a "cure" for loneliness on Google and I came across this website... and well... there seem to be a lot of people in the same boat as me.

Well my story is like this... I've been lonely for about three years now the first time I felt it was when I was 16 I don't know what happened, I used to be a happy and cheery carefree person... but one day... a foreign feeling invaded my mind and then after a while I realize that this painful and empty feeling is "loneliness".

And right now i really wish that this feeling would go away because it's distracting my studies and my grades are going down like crazy. But I think it's getting worse because before when I listen to music or go to school I don't feel lonely... but now... it doesn't seem to work anymore... I keep thinking about how empty I am.. I can't even sleep anymore.

Um... sorry for the long introduction... but i just felt like i needed to write it out.

Hi Forlorned,

If you feel that a dark mood suddenly invaded your brain, it's certainly possible that you are suffering from clinical depression.

Depression is like a dark cloud or pit that robs us of our happiness. I was never a happy, cheerful person, as you were. But perhaps some circumstances in your life, changes, or just physical stuff has conspired to create this dark mood.
There are several things you can do:

1.) Try to exercise daily. Yup, I HATE exercise. But I know that even just going on a 30 minute walk around your neighborhood while listening to upbeat music you like helps a LOT.

2.) Try to FORCE yourself to eat something healthy every day. If you can eat 5 servings of fruit and vegetable every day, at LEAST try to drink a healthy shake from something like Bolthouse Farms--Vitamin C booster drink or the Green Goddess drink they have, which they call 4 servings of vegetables in one glass!

3.) Get enough sunshine. Most people get almost none because they spend 24/7 indoors or in a car. If you can walk outside in the sunshine for just 10 minutes a day, letting the sun hit your face (NO sunglasses for that time) and your forearms, it will help your body produce Vitamin D.

4.) Take a vitamin or two. Many people with depression have low Iron and low Vitamin E. A good powerful multivitamin every day will help!

5.) Try talking to a counselor. Even your high school guidance counselor, a person at your local church or synagogue, wherever. Just SOMEONE who really is paid to LISTEN. And share how you are feeling! They may refer you to receive medication. DO NOT be ashamed to take anti-depressants! They can literally save lives for some people.

Hi Sam and welcome, And yea them foreign feelings that your having that's invaded your mind is a common thing. If only we could get rid of them like we would a computer virus by using Norton are something lol. Would be good tho just to down lode it into our brain and it be there no moor. I think us lot and a lot moor ppl would pay good money for something like that.

That happened to me when I was 17. That's the age when you "wake up" I guess.

Latest posts

Back