sick of the harsh comments on my looks.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolagemma

Reaction score
I mean it bugs me, a lot.
I always get sly comments or digs on the way I look and half the time, I suffer in silence, but today it got took way too far.

I was walking down the street, with my headphones in, minding my own buisness. There were two girls infront of my which, basically needed to put some clothes on.
Some total disgusting lads shouted something disgusting at these girls, but as a basic reaction, I turned my head, as I didn't hear properly. Now the one who shouted the comment in the first place, looked at me, and shouted "not you fat *****" and normally I can take it, but it really, really got to me. I just don't understand why people want to point out my flaws so much? I mean fair enough, I might be ugly, I might be disgusting, I might be fat, but is there really any need to shout that out for the world to hear, and to try and hurt me?

I'm just tired of my looks being the only thing people see. :/

Obviously he doesn't know anything about you, but you did learn that he is an ass.

good point, but it's just an example, just why was there any need for someone to do that? I mean I know I'm not good looking, but why does that mean that people can make me suffer because of it?

That guy was clearly out to harm anyone with anything.
Otherwise, I can't say. Do people actually tell you that you look unpleasant, directly and unprovoked? That just sounds so foreign to me.

lolagemma said:
good point, but it's just an example, just why was there any need for someone to do that? I mean I know I'm not good looking, but why does that mean that people can make me suffer because of it?

If that picture is of you, you are NOT ugly. You're actually rather pretty :)

As far as the guys go... yeah, they are asses. As Minus said, they don't know you. Who cares what they say, that doesn't reflect who you are, not truly.

Well, judging by your profile pic you're not disgusting nor ugly. Now, as far as the guy and his behaviour go: those kind of people just feel strong/assertive when they put other people down. In other words: he's just a jerk.

So don't let it get you down too much :)

I've had it a few times, like just people taking the piss, making sly comments.

Like for example people have took the piss out of my weight and just mentioned stuff about eating and just nasty comments.

There are lots of shallow people in the world. It makes the world a less happy and rounded place to live in.

thankyou those up there for saying i'm not ugly, much appreciated^

and I know, people are just unreal, it's all because of the way society says the beautiful is thin, tanned, and whichever way they think is perfect, it's awful knowing that just because of models, and other girls, men aren't interested in me, because I'm not their perfect little girl.

Let's hope that he'll grow up. Let's hope he'll think about it, and wish he could find you and beg to you for your forgiveness.

If only people could appreciate and value the complexity of what humanity really is....

*sigh*

lol

there is nothing wrong with the way you look.

that little asshat should be embarrassed of himself for saying something like that to a young woman.

i'da beat his ass.

most kids your age are retarded idiots, also.

keep that in mind. and don't listen to them.

lolagemma said:

Well, I wouldn't bother so much with people like that. They sound like they didn't go to school or learned some manners and obviously view women as sexual objects only. But a lot of men do view women like that, just that they behave in a different manner than those guys who commented on you harshly.

But just bear in mind that comments won't only come from guys like that but from your own friends too sometimes. Even my own good friends tell me "omg can you please cover your big forehead?" or "why are your lips big?"

I'm learning slowly that nobody is obligated to be nice to me or say the right thing to me. Sigh.

Welcome to the real world, my friend. Hugs.

I remember growing up and being told how words don't hurt, but they definitely do.

No matter what any jerk comes along and says, just remember that you are beautiful in your own way. This goes for anyone who feels inadequate about there appearance.

We all have flaws, but when it's all said and done, theres something great in everyone,
whether it be your legs, arms... Whatever!

I feel like a hypocrite for saying this, because I hate the way the way I look, as well as the mean comments that come my way.

I'm sorry that happened to you.
Hopefully, tomorrow will bring better luck, and maybe even a compliment!

The only reason he said those mean things is because he is the one with the mental problems.

You believe in yourself. Be comfortable in your own skin.

.....I was overweight for most of my life, so I can relate.

lolagemma said:
I always get sly comments or digs on the way I look and half the time, I suffer in silence, but today it got took way too far.

I was walking down the street, with my headphones in, minding my own buisness. There were two girls infront of my which, basically needed to put some clothes on.
Some total disgusting lads shouted something disgusting at these girls, but as a basic reaction, I turned my head, as I didn't hear properly. Now the one who shouted the comment in the first place, looked at me, and shouted "not you fat *****" and normally I can take it, but it really, really got to me. I just don't understand why people want to point out my flaws so much? I mean fair enough, I might be ugly, I might be disgusting, I might be fat, but is there really any need to shout that out for the world to hear, and to try and hurt me?

Honey,

You are not ugly nor are you disgusting. Sure you might be bigger, but who gives a crap? You're look fine just the way you are. You have the most beautiful eyes, hair color, and skin and dress cute!

If you truly do not like the way you look, try fixing it to the best of your ability. Find an activity you like, eat better, etc. Simple things like that could work. But don't you dare change for anyone but yourself. Never sacrifice who you are just because someone has a problem with it. NEVER!

I know this boy hurt your feelings by saying that, but you have to remember...people like that usually amount to nothing in life, and if they do...people still don't like them really.

But no...there is no need for ANYONE to yell out and try to hurt someone's feelings just because they don't like the way they look.

I hope you start to feel better :(

beans said:
They sound like they didn't go to school or learned some manners and obviously view women as sexual objects only. But a lot of men do view women like that, just that they behave in a different manner than those guys who commented on you harshly.

A comment such as the one related by the OP isn't necessarily evidence that the man thinks of women as sex objects.

I know, I know, but like I said, normally I do just take it and deal with it, but I don't yesterday the way that guy said it, it just really got to me.
I mean people have been nasty in the past when they've said things, but the way he said it, it was like he was deliberately out to hurt me, and really did want me to suffer. Him and his friends laughed and shouted some more stuff, which I didn't hear and yeah, just upsetting really.
I know people sometimes do it to others because of the way their not hapy with themselves or whatever, but I'd rather not be a verbal punchbag.

Sterling said:
lolagemma said:

Honey,

You are not ugly nor are you disgusting. Sure you might be bigger, but who gives a crap? You're look fine just the way you are. You have the most beautiful eyes, hair color, and skin and dress cute!

If you truly do not like the way you look, try fixing it to the best of your ability. Find an activity you like, eat better, etc. Simple things like that could work. But don't you dare change for anyone but yourself. Never sacrifice who you are just because someone has a problem with it. NEVER!

I know this boy hurt your feelings by saying that, but you have to remember...people like that usually amount to nothing in life, and if they do...people still don't like them really.

But no...there is no need for ANYONE to yell out and try to hurt someone's feelings just because they don't like the way they look.

I hope you start to feel better :(

Awww thankyou sweetie, it does mean alot you saying that, whether it's just to make me feel better or whatever, and yeah I've been going to the gym 3 times a week, I'm on a pretty strict diet and I am actually loosing weight, just clearly not fast enough for some people.
In a way, I am changing for others aswel as myself, it's the comments, and the horrible remarks that have made me really, really hate my body, and thats whats making me change. I was having a conversation with my friend a few days back, and he said he didn't understand why so many people want to go under the knife to change their body, just because they don't like it. Now, if you'd of had this conversation with me, I dunno, 3 years ago? I'd of agreed, now, the list would be shorter if I said what I wouldn't change on my body, literally my eyes are the only thing I would not change, and to know that i think that way, kind of upsets me even more. :/

I'm not just saying that to make you feel better, I'm saying it because it's facts :) You are gorgeous and anyone who thinks different is blind or stupid. (No I am not lesbian haha)

Better to lose weight slowly so you don't have a all kinds of saggy skin from it!~ Just make sure the diet isn't too strict that you can't at least have a few things that you like, or that would be miserable D: I'm 'bigger' myself and a life without sweets is not a life I want to live :p

Anyways, if you don't feel that you're losing it fast enough, there are some ways where you can give the illusion that you're smaller through makeup and clothing :eek:.

I saw your picture on some other threads and was going to ask if you wore contacts haha. Also is your hair naturally that color?

Latest posts

Back