People say

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GrizSF

I get really hurt by what people say sometimes cause they just dont seem to understand what its like being me. i have trouble connecting with people and i dont have many friends. This person at a party told me that it seemed as though i was against everyone and hated everyone cause i was standing by myself and not talking to anyone. And also other people think im weird and stuff and make fun of me. i cant help that im a little shy...it makes me feel really depressed. what are other peoples experiences?

Yea, I can relate to that big time.I honestly think that some people are born to stick out like sore thumbs! Ive never fit in anywhere, with any group of people, not even my family. It's just that no matter when I try to join a group, I'm too late and they have already formed their little clicks and always end up an outsider. So I go to the next group hoping to fit in and the whole thing repeats itself on and on. And now in college i'm so socially behind everyone else from never being accepted that it makes fitting in anywhere that much more impossible. So yea in summation being the one that sticks out at the party cause your socially shy or in my case socially inept sucks, guess theres nothing to do about it?

GrizSF said:
This person at a party told me that it seemed as though i was against everyone and hated everyone cause i was standing by myself and not talking to anyone.
Same here! Well, my dad used to tell me that I hate everyone in the family because I stay in my bedroom all day and don't act sociable with anyone. Granted, I do hate everyone in my family, but I wasn't trying to express it by keeping to myself. I just wished to avoid all the unnecessary melodrama...

Ironically, trying to avoid all the unnecessary melodrama just sparked more unnecessary melodrama. -_-

NeverMore said:
Yea, I can relate to that big time.I honestly think that some people are born to stick out like sore thumbs! Ive never fit in anywhere, with any group of people, not even my family. It's just that no matter when I try to join a group, I'm too late and they have already formed their little clicks and always end up an outsider. So I go to the next group hoping to fit in and the whole thing repeats itself on and on. And now in college i'm so socially behind everyone else from never being accepted that it makes fitting in anywhere that much more impossible. So yea in summation being the one that sticks out at the party cause your socially shy or in my case socially inept sucks, guess theres nothing to do about it?

Feel you on that one. I had NO friends in high school, so when I went to college I was already behind and still ostracized...so basically I feel like I'm screwed for life. We can't help it if we don't have friends...the popular people became popular because of luck. Similarly it's our bad luck that we're not part of the cliques that people form. A lot of people who are not in our position tend to think that they are superior because of who they hang out with and try to make people like us feel bad in order to make themselves feel better. But if they were born as me, they wouldn't have much to be happy about and their lives would be totally different. People who pick on the shy/introverted people suffer from sheer ignorance that will catch up on them some day. I've met some very sophisticated and classy people who had tons of friends and didn't have to talk to me if they didn't want to but they still did.

Latest posts

Back