Forums Can Be Very Therapeutic

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
With all the complaints about the internet, it has one important function. There are far too many poor souls out there who have nobody. Forums can potentially, be therapeutic because they provide a friendly(and not so friendly at times)experience.

It gives those with nobody to talk to a chance to be part of an online community with as many other lonely people. It sure beats talking to yourself. Any thoughts?

Thanks for viewing!:)

Well, this is interesting for me, because when I came here, I always viewed forums as strictly for problem solving, and I was tempted to call people out for threads and posts I considered useless. Then I hear that a lot of people come to these places for cathartic reasons and it leaves me sort of confused. I would probably prefer to have all such posts in a "diary" or "rant" section but I don't know how well that would sit with the general folk.

I can tell you this: If it weren't for this Forum, I would be in a hell of a lot more pain. Before I just felt like I couldn't survive, like there was no hope. But talking to others (online) and expressing my opinions have reinvigorated me. And of course giving advice to others is fun.

I think you're right LK, i think it does provide some people something to hold onto.

Sure are. If it wasn't for forums I'd have no one to share some of my hobbies with. Thankfully with the internet there is much easier access to people who share the same hobbies. Without them I shudder to think of where I'd be right now. :/

Eventhough i'm new here and don't really know anyone, it feels good to post and just feel like you're actually a part of something.

That's a feeling I rarely get outside forums.

I think forums are a wonderful way for people to get to know one another and create a sense of a kind of big happy family. Like all groups of people there of course will be those who dislike others and may cause trouble here and there with their shenanigans, but all in all everyone is there for one another when they need it.

Therapeutic? Not really,,, most are more or less brain dead until something or someone provokes their natural attitude of being aggressive or argumentative.  But I guess those who live in that realm get some satisfaction from it.

SingletonUK said:
Therapeutic? Not really,,, most are more or less brain dead until something or someone provokes their natural attitude of being aggressive or argumentative.  But I guess those who live in that realm get some satisfaction from it.

You remind me of someone.  Have you been here before?

SingletonUK said:

Yes I have been here many times... But I don't believe in reincarnation. But I did in my past life.

How about you?

Latest posts

Back