Mostly Successful Anime Convention

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AFrozenSoul

Reaction score
I say mostly successful because I did not really meet anyone or make any new friends. However, there was success.

That success was in the fact that during the convention that I spoke with more women in 2 days than I have all year long. I of course mean in a casual social situation. -_-... again this comes with the mostly successful. The conversations started with OMG can I have a hug or Can I take your picture. A couple times it was one followed by another. I guess a few of them thought I was cute enough to force a conversation out of me. I was able to talk to them a little. The really cute ones scared me a bit... I think overall this weekend I spoke with 5 different girls. Mostly about my cosplay, and how awesome it was... >.> hard to tell if it was just empty flattery but it was nice.

Anyway, this is monumentally better than I did at my previous two conventions where I basically hide in my hotel room or the video room. Granted I could tell I was REALLY anxious. When I sat down in my room and was able to relax... my shoulders were actually sore. So I could this as mostly successful because I was 20 times more social than I was at my previous conventions.

Hopefully at the next convention. I can be even more social. :D, funny how losing a lot of weight can raise your confidence. Well that, and my two friends who were too cool to cosplay or be goofy. Funny how being super geeky in certain situations can make you super cool. ^_^

Congratulations. Being a 'geek' is cool; I make no effort whatever to disguise that I like anime or video games. What /is/ more interesting to me is to see how 'geeks' subdivide almost tribally into various cliques of interest: 40k people, shonen people, etc.

I used to shamelessly hit on cosplay girls a lot; terribly enticing they are, I chuckle. Maid outfits are sexy. Its not my fault.

I picked up some three girls the first time that I went to an anime convention. Such marvelous places they are.

Makes me miss my anime con days, too old to go now unfortunately. I'll be the creepy old guy that everyone awkwardly avoids if I do!

Its never too late to dress up as Janna, Limlim.

More seriously, I don't think there is an age limit especially if you are running a panel or otherwise seeming to contribute to something of 'responsibility', whatever that means in a world of cartoon schoolgirls. Besides, there has to be someone to knock into the young un's about the awesomeness of classic anime like Cowboy Bebop, yes?

AFrozenSoul said:
So I could this as mostly successful because I was 20 times more social than I was at my previous conventions.

It sounds great. I am glad it went well.

Very well done on the conversing! That's great :)

I've never been to a convention, but they seem to be getting more and more popular. And they do appeal to my closet geeky side :D

:D thanks all

TheSolitaryMan said:
Very well done on the conversing! That's great :)

I've never been to a convention, but they seem to be getting more and more popular. And they do appeal to my closet geeky side :D
You need to come out of the closet sometimes :p

Latest posts

Back