Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to you?
(09-22-2018, 02:32 AM)Pathfinder Wrote: Being told " I'm here for you" and that I'm not alone.

I would say that could have been the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me but then he took it right back after the next bout of anger.

It would be nice to have that said to me and the person meaning it.

I think the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me was "you don't deserve to be abused". It's nice.
"Do you want fries with that?"
It's nice when people care.

Other than that ... hmm ... I'd say it would be "you have beautiful eyes", said by my classmate, back in elementary school, lol.
Crowd control situation! *machine gun fire intensifies*
That my eyes look like chocolate...she was old with dementia🤷🏼 but I love chocolateeee
(10-11-2018, 09:12 PM)Ellie1996 Wrote: That my eyes look like chocolate...she was old with dementia🤷🏼 but I love chocolateeee

Lucky! All I ever get is that my eyes look like the color of coal!
What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
Recently a customer said that they were really glad that they had found me in a sort of exited ,breathless way.This made me laugh inside because her partner who I'd been dealing with prior to this who was very cagey/guarded had said without prompting from me that we'll see how we get on in the next couple of weeks /see how things go sort of thing.
In 2014 I went to Vermont to say goodbye to my dearest friend.  Sarah and I met on our first day of the first grade.  We remained close throughout our lives until we lost her to cancer. She'd been ill off and on for some time and I had made several trips North to see her and give her the hard time she always expected from me.  On our last visit we spent several hours reminiscing and making fun of each other until she said she was tired.  As I was about to stand up she looked at me and smiled.  She reached over and took my hands in hers and she said "You know what I've always loved about your hands?  They've never hurt me."  As long as I live that will be the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.
You are a good mother.

I had to put my mentally ill son into foster care at age 8. he is now 19. and most people in my family talked so down about me and put me down instead of trying to help us, it was so awful.
When my son had a treatment team, some of the professionals would tell me that in all of their years of public service, I am the star parent that they talk about because even though I wasn't able to care for him 24/7...I was teachable and I showed up to every meeting and therapy session to try to help and show him love and support.
(10-15-2018, 03:31 PM)TammyLynn1972 Wrote: You are a good mother.

I had to put my mentally ill son into foster care at age 8. he is now 19. and most people in my family talked so down about me and put me down instead of trying to help us, it was so awful.
When my son had a treatment team, some of the professionals would tell me that in all of their years of public service, I am the star parent that they talk about because even though I wasn't able to care for him 24/7...I was teachable and I showed up to every meeting and therapy session to try to help and show him love and support.

This is a really nice share. Thanks TammyLynn.
"Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never fires, and a touch that never hurts." - Charles Dickens

Cast me gently into the morning for the night has been unkind. - Sarah McLachlan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One positive thing you accomplished today... EveWasFramed 1,444 183,385 08-06-2018, 02:22 PM
Last Post: ojtwtn
  A good thing today solkindersol 7 3,465 09-21-2011, 07:57 AM
Last Post: annik
  Quest against Depression (Come on look at the bloody thing before judging :D) Frodo Baggins 30 6,719 06-01-2010, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Badjedidude