What's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beckett said:
Te Amo ...said to me by my beautiful and sweet little nephew, who i love very much, actually like my own son.

Ich liebe dich! von meinem ganzen tiefsten Herzen, für immer und für die Ewigkeit, Schatz du bist die wahre und grosse Liebe meines Lebens ...said by the love of my life to me, i don't translate it because i wanted to post it exactly as he expressed it to me many times.

My rubbishy German fails me...

I mean, I know it says "I love you!" Something about from the deepest part of his heart and that you are the true and greatest love of his life. The rest goes right over my head.

If I knew what "Ewigkeit" meant, then I'd probably have a better chance.

Cavey said:
My rubbishy German fails me...

I mean, I know it says "I love you!" Something about from the deepest part of his heart and that you are the true and greatest love of his life. The rest goes right over my head.

If I knew what "Ewigkeit" meant, then I'd probably have a better chance.

Ewigkeit means eternity and your translation is not that rubbishy as you might think, you're fairly good ;) ...of course there are many others lovely expressions he told me and still tells, but that from my previous post, is the most important part. And it's not only about the words, but also their real and deep meaning, and all the many beautiful ways in which he expressed them to me and our special moments. He calls me sometimes his "Schmetterling", that's one of the reason to use it online, like in my custom user title.

I can't think of anything, sadly. Most "nice" things that were said to me were when I was really small and cute (as in baby-cute and not good looking guy-cute) and so, they won't be of much relevance now. They were probably said just out of formality (like when someone met my mom or saw my grades and said how I'll be successful some day or something).

The only thing I can think of is this drop-dead-gorgeous girl saying thank you on the best day of my life (yes, that girl had everything to do with it). She had a beautiful smile on her face and said it whole heartedly and so, it made my day, my week and my 1 year, 9 months and 7 days since!

Someone once said I was a kind pacifist. That was the first nicest thing anyone has ever said to me then.

Pathfinder said:
Being told " I'm here for you" and that I'm not alone.

I would say that could have been the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me but then he took it right back after the next bout of anger.

It would be nice to have that said to me and the person meaning it.

I think the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me was "you don't deserve to be abused". It's nice.

"Do you want fries with that?"
It's nice when people care.

Other than that ... hmm ... I'd say it would be "you have beautiful eyes", said by my classmate, back in elementary school, lol.

Recently a customer said that they were really glad that they had found me in a sort of exited ,breathless way.This made me laugh inside because her partner who I'd been dealing with prior to this who was very cagey/guarded had said without prompting from me that we'll see how we get on in the next couple of weeks /see how things go sort of thing.

In 2014 I went to Vermont to say goodbye to my dearest friend.  Sarah and I met on our first day of the first grade.  We remained close throughout our lives until we lost her to cancer. She'd been ill off and on for some time and I had made several trips North to see her and give her the hard time she always expected from me.  On our last visit we spent several hours reminiscing and making fun of each other until she said she was tired.  As I was about to stand up she looked at me and smiled.  She reached over and took my hands in hers and she said "You know what I've always loved about your hands?  They've never hurt me."  As long as I live that will be the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.

You are a good mother.

I had to put my mentally ill son into foster care at age 8. he is now 19. and most people in my family talked so down about me and put me down instead of trying to help us, it was so awful.
When my son had a treatment team, some of the professionals would tell me that in all of their years of public service, I am the star parent that they talk about because even though I wasn't able to care for him 24/7...I was teachable and I showed up to every meeting and therapy session to try to help and show him love and support.

TammyLynn1972 said:
You are a good mother.

I had to put my mentally ill son into foster care at age 8. he is now 19. and most people in my family talked so down about me and put me down instead of trying to help us, it was so awful.
When my son had a treatment team, some of the professionals would tell me that in all of their years of public service, I am the star parent that they talk about because even though I wasn't able to care for him 24/7...I was teachable and I showed up to every meeting and therapy session to try to help and show him love and support.

This is a really nice share. Thanks TammyLynn.

Decided to revive this thread simply because I can. A lady I was talking to online a few years ago, once said my eyes and hair were beautiful. Shame we were located in different countries and unable to meet.

Latest posts

Back