Hope this won't bore you all.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsme

Reaction score
Hi!, I am new here, just registered.. I don't really know where to begin, I am a 17 year old girl from sweden. I have been depressed for many years on and off. It all started when i was around 12-13 and since then alot has changed i have grown up obviously, lost all the friends i had. I have one friend now but we are not very alike but she tries so i appreciate that a lot. I am a very insecure person who always assume people have the worst intentions, i am really bad at small talk and making conversation.. i mean even online i dont even know what to say to people. And i always assume i bother people. I daydream.. or i live a life in my head. If that makes sense every quiet moment i have i live in this imaginary world i have created. So that's when i am the happiest when i get left alone to dream. But when reality hits me.. Like my situation and how lonely the real life actually is.. i don't know what to .. I have lately started to think about death a lot.I don't want to die but it feels often that it would be the only way out. There is a lot more to my story then this but i didn't want to make it to long.

Welcome!
That wasn't boring at all, a lot of that is similar to me.

Feel free to pm about anything!

Thinking about death at 17? I think about it sometimes,because I'm staring it in the face!
You have your whole life in front of you,and I'm sure it will be a good one,you just need a kick start,and I'm sure you've come to the right place!

Hello and Welcome!

Thanks :) and i know thinking constantly about death and suicide is pretty bad but i don't know what to do. I mean i have quite a supporting family but i don't want to worry them.. Idk. This forum just seems like a great place to vent your feelings about everything . :)

mrsme said:
I daydream.. or i live a life in my head.

ME TOO!
I thought I was the only person in the world who did that.

PM anytime if you want to talk.

I'm sorry about that.

I think about death too... Very much. :(

But life can change suddenly, go for the better direction. Never can know. :>

You can send a private message to me, if you want.

Hi!

first, dont worry about boring people- a lot of peopel are interested in listing to what people have to say!
Its always good to talk about things-its no good keeping it inside :)

anyway, welcome to the forum!

mrsme said:
Thanks :) and i know thinking constantly about death and suicide is pretty bad but i don't know what to do. I mean i have quite a supporting family but i don't want to worry them.. Idk. This forum just seems like a great place to vent your feelings about everything . :)

Thinking about death is a natural and healthy thing to do. It helps us plan our lives so that when we are 80 on our death bed and looking back we don't feel so regretful. Sure its a way out but only if you think out is something you get to experience. A living brain can understand what it feels like to be dead, its really quite romantic in a way if you fall into it. But the reality of your rotting corpse hanging in your apartment for two months till your landlord come to get the rent is not so glamorous.

The problem is when we look at death like a solution. It like seeing losing as winning. What do you get out of death? At least we can learn from pain and experiment with new ways to deal with situations. Pain and suffering exist for some reason. They must have some usefulness to us or they wouldn't exist at all. I don't really have advice except learn to use your perspective to your advantage.

What advantage is depression? Well when you get to laugh you don't take it for granted. You learn to appreciate the people that appreciate you even if they are only around for a little while. Its not like there isn't another person around the corner you could flirt with, badger, or harass to entertain yourself. Store clerks are fun because they cnt run:)

First of all, Im twice your age, and what you are writing now, is what I would have wrote had this forum existed when I was your age.

Now Im 35, I havent commited suicide, so you can make it through the troubles.

But you have to want to do that.

Theres always a solution to your problems, you just need to hear alternative ideas, perhaps from people who have had similar thoughts, feelings, and managed to come through it all.

Sorry, Im sounding like a school teacher here right?

Hopefully not, because when I read your post, I knew exactly where you were coming from.

You are not alone, this forum is full of people, we can all support eachother.

When you feel weak, Ill be here to listen and help. Come on, youre just seventeen, you have the world and so many interesting life experiences ahead of you.

If I told you what had happened in my childhood to where I am now, you might see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Latest posts

Back