Ive been posting I might as well introduce myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omniac

Reaction score
I recently learned that I have been depressed my entire life. I don't feel sad all the time or anything I just seem to have all the other symptoms. My guess is that I've been depressed so long its become a personality type. Especially when I'm lonely I get particularly introspective. I've developed an alergy to alcohol recently so there go my coping mechanisms. I live on a tropical island. I have a beautiful wife and daughter. I have a hqlf.-million dollar home overlooking the ocean. I am a service member and a scientist. I am not religious. I have more decorations and awards that I'm thinking of starting to throw them away. I have never been to Iraq or Afghanistan.

I am here because I thought that maybe reading about people less fortunate than myself might help me to appreciate the life that I have. But I haven't. My wife called me two weeks ago and told me she doesn't want to be my wife anymore. I don't blame her, I am an awful father and a lousy husband. I've been through all this before. I know how it ends but despite my utter sadness, self-loathing, and self-depricating behavior I can't find it in me to say anything other than " Yep, you deserve it, you don't deserve her and I hope there is a hell because that's where you belong." Funny thing is I really can't find anything that I do that makes me a bad person. I don't drink much, I don't do drugs, or cheat. I'm apathetic. She tells me I'm not really there anymore. I'm gone, lost in my head dreaming about the next great adventure that will satisfy me only momentarily. I can't focus on what really matters because I just don't care about myself or anyone else. I qm. Nihalist and I know it. I'm narsassitic I constantly astound myself with the disparity between what I think and qhat I say.

More and more the man behind the curtainseems to take the reigns, high-jacking my consciuness and you know what when I come out of it I have some great ******* idea laid out on a table and bam I'm the super star at work, at the bar, at the party, in the relationship. Sometimes I wonder if I'm really in control at all. When he doesn't care anymore, the brilliance fades and I'm left fumbling, failing, and now divorced.

After reading alot of posts I have found that I am quite envious. People have problems that are in a sense solvable. They can do something about their saddness their problems because ethey are defined, its a women, a job, a state of physical fitness. What the hell and I supposed to do? What is my problem? I feel that I live a life I'm not responsible for. Someone else did it. fresia me and my problems sometimes I feel that I should die simply for existing like I'm a mockery of everything humanity stands for. I hate myself but strangely I don't know who that is.

Maybe its how you view the world that's your problem. Sometimes people look externally to solve their problem, when the solution lies within them.

SophiaGrace said:
Maybe its how you view the world that's your problem. Sometimes people look externally to solve their problem, when the solution lies within them.

I know there is a problem in here. I just don't know what is causing it? It makes me appear successful with a suffering self-loathing individual underneath waiting to destroy it all. Everyone else seems to think I'm just peachy and when I tell them I'm not they don't believe me. How could I have problems, Smiley sarcastic and seemingly good at everything. I just want to show the world what I really am, but if do I'll lose it all and the people that I should care about will suffer, my father and mother who are so proud of me, my wife and daughter who depend on me. I just want to disappear and be a bum. Live alone with my self loathing but I don't want to hurt anyone while doing it. I'm not a monster after all. I just want to go away.

SophiaGrace said:
Who are you really? If you could describe yourself, who are you?

A societal creation, built from objective observation and experimentation.

“We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.”
Paulo Coelho

Welcome, I hope you find what you're looking for here.

Latest posts

Back