Guilty Pleasure...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theSmokingRabbit

Reaction score
Due to a general lack of social skills I tend to avoid social situations altogether. I'm content sliding around my empty house in pajamas and scaring my dogs, but sometimes I'm dragged outside by either of my two friends and always end up meeting a new person.

Now normally my awkward manner puts people on the defensive and ends up ruining any sort of first impression. In situations where I have some sort of vested interest I've developed a sort of defusing mechanism.

I will blatantly admit to some sort of slightly taboo activity or own up on a guilty pleasure and purposely embarrass myself. That or give a trivial fact about something relevant. But when it's the first one it almost always, in those rare occasions I use it, creates a very relaxed atmosphere.

So I thought it would be fun if we divulged normally omitted information...

I know all the words to Alanis Morissette's 'You Oughta Know'. In fact I've been known to turn up the radio and sing along no matter who's in the car. It's ridiculous.

(In need of embarrassed smiley...)

Next?

I really want to buy a brown leather jacket *just* so I could storm round the house shouting and slamming doors pretending to be Quincy!! I'd be the happiest girl alive.

One that I really do is I love the kids tv show Bear Behaving Badly! :p

YUUUUUUP!! I often yell this at home for no particular reason.

262291_512x288_generated.jpg

annik said:
I really want to buy a brown leather jacket *just* so I could storm round the house shouting and slamming doors pretending to be Quincy!! I'd be the happiest girl alive.

One that I really do is I love the kids tv show Bear Behaving Badly! :p

I'm sort of guilty of that first one haha. Mostly when home alone but there have been occasions where someone comes in to see me wearing aviators and pajama pants while chasing my lab around the house after watching some macho action movie.

I have a few choice sayings too LoneKiller, most of which are said when I think there's no one around then someone asks who I'm talking to and I revert to my horrible habit of pointing to something randomly (cat, dog, lamp, et cetera).

Thanks for sharing guys.

IgnoredOne said:
I listen to songs repetitively.

I do the same thing with songs. If I really like a song, I can put it on repeat in my car and listen to it for hours. :)

Todd said:
IgnoredOne said:

I do the same thing with songs. If I really like a song, I can put it on repeat in my car and listen to it for hours. :)

Basically. I do this with movies too.. if i like something I'll repeat it over and over again.

mrsme said:
Todd said:
IgnoredOne said:

Basically. I do this with movies too.. if i like something I'll repeat it over and over again.

Yeap snap to both of these! I do this with songs albums and films.

i'm 21 and i watch the Disney Channel.
its simple, mindless pleasant television. its escapism, there's too much bad stuff going on in the world to want to watch it again on television (its not all i watch on tv though by any means).

RJLJD said:
its simple, mindless pleasant television. its escapism, there's too much bad stuff going on in the world to want to watch it again on television (its not all i watch on tv though by any means).

I still search YouTube for my favourite childhood shows. Gotta love the nostalgia. It's interesting to see how you comprehend with things now and compare it to what you used to think as a child.

LoneKiller said:
YUUUUUUP!! I often yell this at home for no particular reason.

262291_512x288_generated.jpg

Haha! We were watching Pawn Stars here at work and we saw that guy, and now we do the same thing on occasions when we would otherwise simply say 'Yes'.

I later introduced 'NOOOOOOPE', to even things out.

DreamerDeceiver said:
RJLJD said:

I still search YouTube for my favourite childhood shows. Gotta love the nostalgia. It's interesting to see how you comprehend with things now and compare it to what you used to think as a child.

that's a whole different story! i watch shows from back in the day sometimes too. how old are you?

I'm addicted to Teletoon Retro. I'll always turn to that when there is nothing else on. They are now airing the old campy 60's Batman tv series! And every week night at 10pm I'll turn over to it to watch G.I.Joe A Real American Hero, no matter how many times I've seen the episodes and that I own the dvd's.

IgnoredOne said:

Same, lol...

RJLJD said:

I love to watch Disney Channel also! :)

And I love Barbie movies... :shy:

(I am 17)

I absolutely adore the show, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic...

...however, I don't feel the least bit guilty about it. :p

My guilty pleasure might be the enjoyment of romance-y shoujo manga (those in good taste, anyway).

DreamerDeceiver said:

Wow I once made myself cry watching the theme tunes to old cartoons from Saturday morning on Youtube.

Plus I watched an episode of Lady Lovely Locks and it was one I used to have on video and I still knew all the characters names, plot line and everything.

Oh but it can be painful. Watching Button Moon as an adult is not recommended.

annik said:
DreamerDeceiver said:

Wow I once made myself cry watching the theme tunes to old cartoons from Saturday morning on Youtube.

Plus I watched an episode of Lady Lovely Locks and it was one I used to have on video and I still knew all the characters names, plot line and everything.

Oh but it can be painful. Watching Button Moon as an adult is not recommended.

Nostalgia makes me shout this at the top of my lungs when the house is empty:

[video=youtube]

WHEEEERE THE TRRRUUUUUUTH LIIIEEEESSSS...

In fact, I think that cartoon is what gave me my chivalry and moral compass, lol :D

Edit - It's just dawned on me that I'm starting to look (especially hair wise) exactly the same as the main character. Since he's sporting some kinda mullet, that's probably not good. Maybe toons influenced me more than I thought XD

Also, where is Buddha lately? I miss his awesome comments on things :(

Latest posts

Back