Lonely in London, want to make some friends...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradley_s

Reaction score
Hi

Well, my life is one big set of unhappy dominoes collapsing from one tragedy to the next, the question is where does it end.

Today, my girlfriend of 6 years emigrated to Oz, my soul mate, gone, its weird re-adjusting to singledom.

You know, when you meet a girl, you kind of cut the connection with friends, now Im single, most friends are in relationships and have no time for me, also, I dont wanna crawl back like a rat whos lost his piece of cheese!

Before that, no family, at all, well family worth knowing that is, so where do I begin to get my life back on track.

So here I am, 35 years old, work as a software developer for one of the coolest companies in London, nice apartment, good body and health, but NO real friends!

So thats my cards on the table.

Please write to me, Im open minded and probably one of the most supportive, genuine and caring people you are likely to cross paths with.

Until then, take care

bs

Hi Bradley,

Welcome to the forum.
I too am a lonely Londoner. I'm 37, single with no real friends too.
Am willing to be your friend. PM me anytime.

:)

where in london are you from?

sure we can be friends, PM me and lets get to know eachother.

Hi-
Welcome to the forum. I miss London - I lived 2 years in Ealing and Wandsworth borough.
Nice to meet you!

Teresa

bradley_s said:
You know, when you meet a girl, you kind of cut the connection with friends,

Hmm why is it this seems true of so many men, unless they are my boyfriend...

Just a thought sorry anyway welcome to the forum I hope you find some people here. I'm in north England myself, I've never even been to the big smoke!

bradley_s said:
Hi

Well, my life is one big set of unhappy dominoes collapsing from one tragedy to the next, the question is where does it end.

Today, my girlfriend of 6 years emigrated to Oz, my soul mate, gone, its weird re-adjusting to singledom.

You know, when you meet a girl, you kind of cut the connection with friends, now Im single, most friends are in relationships and have no time for me, also, I dont wanna crawl back like a rat whos lost his piece of cheese!

Before that, no family, at all, well family worth knowing that is, so where do I begin to get my life back on track.

So here I am, 35 years old, work as a software developer for one of the coolest companies in London, nice apartment, good body and health, but NO real friends!

So thats my cards on the table.

Please write to me, Im open minded and probably one of the most supportive, genuine and caring people you are likely to cross paths with.

Until then, take care

bs

Hi

I really feel for you i was in a simular situation and i would like to suggest www.meetup.com someone recommended it to me and since april i never looked back.

If you live in London its ideal. I know you maybe thinking its a bit scaRY but just check out some of the meetups theres many different ones.

im a member of a few music meetups a few shy london meetups that helped me build my confidence and now i go to pool meetups, bowling cinema meetups etc the list is endless

please give it a try everyone.

Do you care for men too? I may need some support time to time :(
Anyway, welcome to ALL :)

Just thought I'd say hi! I'm from London, don't live there anymore but come down now and again! x

No she didn't want to get married, we had talked about it, but we weren't 100% because we knew she would be emigrating.

My first week of being alone hasnt been too bad, I started reading a book "How to stop worrying and start living".

So far, Im doing ok, just a little concerned how I will meet Miss Right.

bradley_s said:
No she didn't want to get married, we had talked about it, but we weren't 100% because we knew she would be emigrating.

My first week of being alone hasnt been too bad, I started reading a book "How to stop worrying and start living".

I should have asked, Possible for you to go with her?

Well this is the thing, I am not married, so wouldn't be able to get the visa. Her father has been working out there, and so she qualifies for one. If we married, that wouldnt be a problem.

The biggest issue was, I didnt want to go, my job here is very important and I like London.

Ah, so it was planned, the breakup, not really a heartbreak. I'd say Ms. Right is someone where that is not the case! ;)

Yeah you are right, but come on, 6 years, we spent almost every single one of those days together.

But anyway, life goes on, worse case scenario I will go for some online dating, but after hearing about one of my co-workers experience today, that might be quite hazardous.

The lady he has been chatting and exchanging pics for the last two months, a few days back announced she had been hit by a car whilst visiting her mum in Lagos, Nigeria.

You can probably guess where this was heading...

bradley_s said:
The lady he has been chatting and exchanging pics for the last two months, a few days back announced she had been hit by a car whilst visiting her mum in Lagos, Nigeria.

You can probably guess where this was heading...

lol

I see how a person could find London lonely, I sometimes did too even though I was a tourist and still believe that's one of the best places in the world to live. But you have to understand, it was a picnic compared to NY.

~I Like London I have freinds down there I think I might go soon you can get the train quiet cheep if you know where to look.

bradley_s said:

Here's another useful book : How to be Happy No Matter What
It sounds corny but it offers sound explanations about how our brains work. I use what I learned from this book all the time now.

Latest posts

Back