Some random Ph.D guy talks shyness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pheenix

Reaction score
I'm posting this here not because this educated man is magic made flesh or that he is the definite authority on the subject, but in the video he presented a lens through which you can view shyness that did a lot for me and got me thinking and relaxing a bit more. Maybe it'll do a lot of someone else too. Alternately maybe you'll just be bored. Only one way to find out, aye? :p

[youtube]iOfabrp9QAE&feature=related[/youtube]

I like this video.. I haven't really thought about my shyness this way. (just realized this is a really old thread, but it was in the related topics and it will probably help people anyway)

nice vid. but it comes down to the application of this knowledge that put things into motion.

its a good internal dialogue to get over the initial hump tho.

Bump.

I have to say, this guy makes some good points. The whole desire vs demand thing is absolutely true and something to keep in mind. However, the method he refers to is very extreme. It's like taking somebody who can't swim and telling them to jump into a swimming pool. That person might overcome his/her fear and start swimming by instinct or be fearful of swimming forever. I don't think I would have the cojones to do that though. I might just explode from all the adrenaline! :p

Latest posts

Back