Rivetheads - what are you listening to?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

S t r a y

I'm guessing there are not many that like industrial music on this forum, I've noticed one person does. A German friend introduced me to the many sub genres of industrial a few years ago and I've never looked back.

Some of the bands I like include:

wolfsheim
hocico
wumpscut
agonoize
diorama
pride and fall
kraftwerk
combichrist
vnv nation
unter null
apoptygma berzerk
assemblage 23
clan of xymox
suicide commando
god module
ayria
covenant
zombie girl
depeche mode
aslan faction
in strict confidence
lights of euphoria

I don't listen to much Industrial, but I really like 80's Skinny Puppy..

[youtube]_zPC_aoZOyM[/youtube]
[youtube]tgv2cAmEGAA[/youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

revisiting some classics, mainly

S t r a y said:
I'm guessing there are not many that like industrial music on this forum,

Most of what you listed is still on my mp3 player although I have heard it all so many times I got a bit burnt out on it. Actually the last show I saw was VNV down in Philadelphia.

Let me pose the below question to you; 'you' meaning anyone currently listening to this type of music.

Do you think that the genre has burnt itself out and the bands simply sound like a derivative version of what they once were? See I got into the whole futurepop thing in the mid to late 90' because it started to get more and more played in the goth clubs. That being said it feels like all the major bands (VNV, Covenant, Apop, And One, Assemblage 23, etc) kept putting out albums what were never as good as their last.

Latest posts

Back