Domestic Violence?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sprint

Reaction score
I'll try to make this brief:

I had a dispute with a buddy of mine over his somewhat recent actions with his gf. He pushed her down (on her chest - from a standing position) onto the couch and then proceeded 2 push her in the face twice. He didn't hit her though.

but

to me this is the same as hitting a woman but he claims that because he didn't hit her .... well he didn't HIT her. If you can follow what I mean.

I don't feel this is an ok way to treat a woman. To me it's domestic violence/beating a woman but he's adamant that it was nothing but "just a little argument".

Could I have some thoughts on this?

Its not serious violence, but its getting there. Definitely a warning sign, if nothing else. He needs to cut it out.

Of course, it depends on what she was doing before. If she was tossing pots & pans at him, that changes things.

Any time a person puts hands on another person in anger is considered domestic violence. I disagree with IgnoredOne about the seriousness of it, whether she got hurt or not isn't the issue, it's more the fact that he did it in the first place. If he did that, he's capable of doing more and probably will. Trust me, you can get seriously hurt being "pushed" on the chest like that.

If SHE was, from Ignored's thoughts, throwing pots and pans at him, then the domestic violence is on both of them.

IgnoredOne said:
If she was tossing pots & pans at him, that changes things.

Callie said:
Trust me, you can get seriously hurt being "pushed" on the chest like that.

If SHE was, from Ignored's thoughts, throwing pots and pans at him, then the domestic violence is on both of them.

If she instigated by throwing the pots and pans then the blame should be on her. She's throwing skillets then I'm going to restrain her. I've been in situations where the female had a knife and she had long passed talking it out.

I'm going to assume she didn't do anything in this case since Sprint is upset about it. Any violence that is unprovoked or not in self defense should punished on a scale system that takes into consideration the number of offenses and extent of the injuries sustained. No matter the gender of the victim or assailant.

Sprint said:
I'll try to make this brief:

I had a dispute with a buddy of mine over his somewhat recent actions with his gf. He pushed her down (on her chest - from a standing position) onto the couch and then proceeded 2 push her in the face twice. He didn't hit her though.

but

to me this is the same as hitting a woman but he claims that because he didn't hit her .... well he didn't HIT her. If you can follow what I mean.

I don't feel this is an ok way to treat a woman. To me it's domestic violence/beating a woman but he's adamant that it was nothing but "just a little argument".

Could I have some thoughts on this?

I tend to be harsh about this kind of thing. Any time a woman's boyfriend screams at her or acts aggressively she should leave him in the dust. Any guy who hits a woman should have his privates removed and fed to him. There is no excuse for such actions.

I pretty much have to agree with Callie here - despite the fact that this particular instance may not have been "as serious", the motivation/intent was obviously there, and it could get much worse.
Even if she truly provoked him, that still wouldn't be a justification for pushing her like that.

Also.. "pushing in the face" ? First of all, that's pretty goddamn condescending really... if you willingly treat your girlfriend like that, you should perhaps reconsider why you even have a relationship with that individual.

to the face.. ugh.. glad it wasn't me. My face is my ONLY agression trigger - if someone slaps me there, or throws something into my face, I can go berserk for a few seconds. Has only happened once thankfully.

Anyhow...right wrong or indifference.
wheather she throws fucken pans or guitars...

Theres a charge call...Aggrivated assult.

Violence is not gender especific.

Of course some female plays and manipulate the system.
Whine and cry like little innocent bitches...

Well, of course it's domestic violence... but violence is not abuse. The question is if this is an isolated incident or if it's the type of thing that happens often. Given his nonchalance, I'd guess the later. Run, girly run.

If they were arguing, then yes, it's physical abuse.

If they were having sex, then no. It's just an interesting new position for them. ;)

a lot of people deserve to be tossed around in my opinion,

however,

a man chooses not to, whereas a boy doesn't have the control to choose so wisely.

Thank you all for the responses. I tried to be brief but maybe I was too brief. In a nutshell here is more about what happened.

The girl wasn't hitting him with anything or didn't do anything violent. She had gotten up late when he was supposed to go pick her up to go out & by the time we got there he was irate because he knew she wasn't up (because she wasn't answering his calls).

When we got there he seemed especially calm though which I thought was weird. She was apologetic for not being up. Then about 10 minutes later he lost it. They weren't arguing or anything at that point. In fact they never argued. He just stood there telling her his expectations of her and she agreed.

I thought it was almost worked out. They were just calmly talking and then he just started yelling at her for no apparent reason (but about her sleeping late) and pushed her on the couch. For a minute I thought he WAS going to hit her but he then pushed her face twice. By then she was crying and telling him she was sorry. That seemed to calm him down. Then everything was ok after that.

My problem is that I'm not sure where my viewpoint should lie. Is this the SAME as if he hit her ..... or not? I can't decide and this is why I need other POVs.

Is face pushing the same as face hitting????

Oh yeah there's some Domestic abuse going on. I'm no expert but here's some of the red flags 1) For him to freak out like that because she gotten up late to be picked up shows that's he's a nutcase. No normal person would act the way he did because their mate didn't get up on time for them to pick them up. If anything they'll be annoyed but not to the point where they're telling them there "expectations" of them and starts shoving them on a couch. 2) He seems to have some sort of dominance over her. Telling his mate their expectations of them? What is she, his child? People like that seem to like to control others and that's what seems to be going on. 3) She's very afraid of him. From being apologetic even when he seemed calm and agreeing on his demands seems to show this.

Even though he didn't hit her in front of you doesn't mean he's not while your gone and this might have been going on for a while.

Is face pushing the same as hitting someone in the face? In certain aspects, yes. Even though he might be hitting her, as someone said, it shows a sign of aggression. It also shows a lack of respect. I think you should call someone for some advice but then again I'm not an expert at this sort of thing so maybe someone on the site who has experience with this can better help.

But at least your showing some concern and not staying quiet about this.:)

He physically dominated her until she relented and became submissive.

Yes, there was domestic abuse going on.

I think that the gf should say bye, bye to the relationship. No one should ever in an angry tone put their hands on another person. If you can't solve your differences without putting your hands on a person in an angry manner, then there is a problem.

It can totally ecalate....
And of course Im always gonna be the ****** bag in the eyes of many.

Women come on to me...On the flip sideof that shes very agrresive.
I hae scars from my wedding ring...
Crazy ***** acttualy almost knocked me out..I saw stars.LOL
But of course if I lay a hand on her. Im the prick cuase shs such an innocent angle. A pretty girl like her isnt capiable of such a thing. She could of hit all she wanted...Ive been in bar fights or brawl with men..shes still a woman. Its went she ripps my heart out that hurts more...geeze the fucken whizz Im such as heartless non emotional prick.

Thats was the EX Mrs....

One of my EX GF..at first threw my guitars around..Years later she slashed my tires..This is when were living togther.lmao Then came that wonderful when she strated pounching me...
I used ran off the fucken road and killed both of us..Crazy ***** yank The steering wheel when I was doing 80 MPH on the freeway...I didnt wanna die..so I slamm her head on the fucken dashboard...too bad the **** air bag didnt pop...cuase she still didnt wanna STFU.lol
Miss fucken social worker with all the fucken domestic violence tranning.
She the laws and regulations like the back of her hands though...
Who would had thought..a drop dead gorgeouse women like her is capible of such a thing...The judge and cops figure it out after a while....

BWT ..a toxic relationship is the fucken sugar version of an abusive relationship...

So theres pattern in my life...
I went to work with two fucken black eyes...
Yeah..yeah...I got into a bar fight was my excuse..
The thruth of the matter is...she went physco ***** on me...**** cops came over that night 3 times. There was more bruses and cuts on me everytime...Then they had the odacity to ask me to sleep in the fucken car. Hahahaahaaa
Ran my record and all that good honeysuckle..
Nothing...absolutely nothing...

Of course They told...err miss please just chill the fresia out. They would never arrest her...just as the cops from prious incident never arrest my other EX...
They were saving me time and money...
I would had bailed all my angels out of Jail....Straight up the cops told me that...

But If I as a man would had laid a finger on her....Then shiney braclet would had became my favorite jelwerys without a blink or a thought....
She did applogized to me...

But of course she manage to pucnh the living daylights out me again while I was driving her to the hospital...

A major flash back. I seriously was to run the **** car off the road...
But I didnt wanna die

So I just pulled over and kissed her hand. She had hitted me so hard and almost broke her hand.

Pyshically she could never hurted me.

She had her reasons to be very angery at me..I broke her heart many years ago and she had held on to all of that anger.
It had to come out and directed towards me...

Idk....I was abused as a child and so was she.

Then of course...my other GF totally went psycho ***** on anoither chick....
She was angery at the world that day.
Some people should STFU when my woman gets angery at the world..
Her anger had to come out somehow...
Better her than me. Lmao

I had to step in ..so I got bitched slapped by both women.LOL

But her stupid BF had to call my woman a stupid *****..So I had to shut him the fresia up real fast...

Thats how we roll...

Latest posts

Back