Do You Loan Money To Friends Or Family?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hey,

I'd like to say yes I do, no problem, but I can't. My friends have never stiffed me, it's just waiting for them to pay takes an eternity. Sometimes loaning money to friends can affect the friendship on any number of levels as well, so I'm usually inclined to say no. My brother pays me back fast all the time, so I have no issue with loaning to him.

God Bless.
Jason

Yes I do but I never expect to really get it back, if I do its a plus. If I help my sister out I pretty much won't ask for it back. She's my sister!

mom takes most my money. It's not like I have anything to buy with it anyway.

My sister used to say "I'll give you a Pound" to get me to do stuff. Now if I ever called that debt in I'd be one very rich girlie!

Depends on the family member. Four of them yes. The rest, not anymore. Friends - of the few I have, none have ever aked for a loan, but I've given a few friends money a few times. I'd rather just GIVE it, if I can.

I usually just give the money. I've been told, "I'll pay you back," but I never expect it to happen.

I would for my immediate family, but not for the extended relatives. Not that it would ever come up as I'm pretty sure they're all doing fairly well financially. But hey emergencies happen so I'd do it.

If it became a habit I'd start suggesting they do things like take their valuables to the pawn shop.

No...Im an enabler.
I send money...money gram and western union...I got it down pack.LOL

On the note...I cant buy Kimmie's love with money.lmao

Heres another way to look @ it.
I know...I got it from books.
I read a lot. Lmao.

Currency...ya suppost to circulate money.
If you penny pincher hinding your money...your stopping the flow..

Thats why its been a struggle for me with Kimmie...she wants to give me momey.lol
If I dont accept her money...Im stopping her flow...
There has to be a reviever and giver.
Im suppost to accept her gift with grace and not be so prideful or selfish pride.

Kind of like a water pond....The water continue to flow in and out...
if you stop the flow at the releasing end...the water will become stail and dirty
see...Im ******* up...Im preventing my inflow and Im stopping Kimmies out flow..

One time....I gave my sister over a grand.. Money Ive been saving for my kids..
but something told me...I should just give it to her....I just had to trust.
My EXGF got totally pissed off...
Plus on top of that my ister used the money to go vistit mickey mouse...
Which got my exgf...going off the handle even more.

The kicker is....we recieved 10K cash as a gift a month later..

I even sent a kid from this forum cash a couple of years ago.....He really needed it....I didnt even know him.

A week after that....I got to work
double time.. Bascailly my paycheck was twice as big as usual...
Its all good...

I wouldn't mind sparing a friend a little money if they needed to buy something to drink or pay a fare. I could only see myself lending someone a large amount of money if it was exclusively a family-related matter.

IgnoredOne said:
Yeah. Quite substantially.

I never got it back.

Can I borrow 200 dollars.. errr, make that 300 dollars and 25 cents...and your car...maybe you hair dryer too? **giggles**

Liley said:
mom takes most my money. It's not like I have anything to buy with it anyway.

That sucks. Just sayin.................

LoneKiller said:
Hey,

I'd like to say yes I do, no problem, but I can't. My friends have never stiffed me, it's just waiting for them to pay takes an eternity. Sometimes loaning money to friends can affect the friendship on any number of levels as well, so I'm usually inclined to say no. My brother pays me back fast all the time, so I have no issue with loaning to him.

God Bless.
Jason

i have found its better to just save your giving them the money that way theres no tension and they will less likely ask you for money again

Latest posts

Back