What's the saddest film you've ever seen?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Badjedidude said:
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. Maybe not the saddest that I've seen, but it's the one I've seen most recently that I found to be sad. Just... tragic, the whole thing.

jesse-james-robert-ford.jpg

ALSO:

I'm probably the only guy who teared up for this movie. Gods and Generals. There's nothing glorious or redeeming about Americans killing Americans on such a mass scale. Just tragic and sad as fresia. Gettysburg is the same.

images

Both great movies, I absolutely love Gods and Generals!

Peter Lorre said:
Both great movies, I absolutely love Gods and Generals!

Yup! :) It's got a style and dignity not found in a lot of modern movies. I find it sad because it really shows that even the "bad" side, the Confederates, were really just Americans fighting what they believed was an injustice. It's hard not to sympathize with one's enemy when the enemy is your own people.

That's why it's sad to me, anyway. Ugh. Civil War was just tragic, tragic, tragic.

John Woo's 'The Killer', one my all-time favourite tragic endings, too.
Grave of the Fireflies.

Ang Lee's "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" has one of the most beautiful and sad endings ever.

The most depressing movie would be "Fargo" by the Coen Brothers.

Taxi Driver, Taste of Cherry, The Wrestler, Green Mile, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Bridge to Terabithia, I am Sam.

First three are just about loneliness. The rest are just sad movies.

The Green Mile - saw this for the 1st time a few weeks ago and I cried like a baby. Now I want to read the book.

I found a new one on Netflix called "Leap Year". It is in spanish and if you are offended by human biology then I wouldn't watch.

By far, "Hachiko".

So incredibly sad. The stupid dog dies at the half of the movie and ever since that happened I couldn't stop crying like a freaking baby. It traumatized me, not even when my grandma died I cried so much...

The Pixar film "Up" has been known to make me ball by eyes out if I'm in the right mood...no where near as sad as some films though of course.

I was quite shocked I sat dry eyed through the whole of Dumbo last time I saw it. There must be something wrong with my soul... :(

I ran into Dumbo on tv a while ago, watched it a few minutes, then concluded it was 1) too sad 2) too boring for my taste.

Some say i have no childhood since I haven't watched most Disney films as a kid... I guess is late for me to watch them now.

Felix said:
By far, "Hachiko".

So incredibly sad. The stupid dog dies at the half of the movie and ever since that happened I couldn't stop crying like a freaking baby. It traumatized me, not even when my grandma died I cried so much...

I've only seen the america version, was the japanese version different? Hachi didn't didn't die in the middle of the eng version but you kind of just watch him wait for the stupid professor the rest of the film to no avail, and you watch him gets older and older and dirtier and he keeps waiting... =/

and yea Hachi: A Dog's Tale was the saddest honeysuckle I've seen.

Latest posts

Back