I Feel Proud of Myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ak5

Reaction score
Today I was dropping off some paperwork at the private High School I will be attending this January. It was a whilee past school hours and my dad was waiting in the car (obviously). I walked right towards the building and there was a bunch of peers of mine (15, 16, 17 year olds) socializing in the front of the building; my heart started to speed up just a little bit. Then I went inside the building and lo and behold, more groups of people my age! This is the first time in more than a year that I've seen people my age. And the first time that I had the balls to walk up and talk to them; I asked them for directions haha.

I didn't honeysuckle my pants! I talked clearly and with confidence (I think lol). Nobody gave me a bad look or anything.

I feel proud of myself for not ******* up. :D

Aw that's really great! I always remember how proud I was when I first got something from a Gregg's (because you have to ask for what you want and everything) and how I think nothing of it and run in there way too much for yummy things. I guess my point is the more you do it the easier it will become until its nothing at all.

ps. Urgh really want a Gregg's now! :p

That's great. May you have more positive social interaction come your way.

This is all great news, congratulations!

Not only do you have a chance to make a new beginning socially, but a private school will look very good on your transcript :D

Congrats...lol It takes courage to do what you did. Being around new people in large groups can be scary. I hope this positive experience gives you more confidence for the next time :) Good luck in high school!

Latest posts

Back