Newcomer, with anxiety and depression

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anonymous Rex

Reaction score
Hi all, have just signed up.

I'm a male in my mid twenties, from the northeast of England.
For years I've been having trouble with anxiety and depression - social anxiety, and a therapist friend has recently said I may have generalised anxiety (feeling pathetic about my mental health issues, this sets off anxiety/sinks me into depression) as well.
I've had these problems since my teenage years, of different strengths over the years. I tend to obsess over what people think of me, stupidly so. There's times when I've made plans to meet up with friends and then pulling out because of fears, or sitting there and not saying much, out of self-consciousness.

I'm wanting to knock down my mental barriers, get better at opening up... and hopefully I can do so here!

Anonymous Rex said:
Hi all, have just signed up.

I'm a male in my mid twenties, from the northeast of England.
For years I've been having trouble with anxiety and depression - social anxiety, and a therapist friend has recently said I may have generalised anxiety (feeling pathetic about my mental health issues, this sets off anxiety/sinks me into depression) as well.
I've had these problems since my teenage years, of different strengths over the years. I tend to obsess over what people think of me, stupidly so. There's times when I've made plans to meet up with friends and then pulling out because of fears, or sitting there and not saying much, out of self-consciousness.

I'm wanting to knock down my mental barriers, get better at opening up... and hopefully I can do so here!

I know your pain.
This is a great place to communicate with people, there are just an unbelievable amount of awesome people here that are willing to help!

I'm sorry you have troubles right now, hopefully we, (everyone on all) can overcome all our troubles together. If nothing else, we'll have a strong support system to help deal with our pains.

Good luck and try joining the chat when your ready.
There are lots of friendly people there.

Take care and have a wonderful day! :)

Hi, Rex...

I'm a male in my mid-fifties and I've had anxiety and depression for the better part of 42 years, boy and man!

Welcome to the safest place for the lonely to be, if it's not in their own home, yet not outdoors, either.

And, as for others' opinions of me - don't get me started or you'll need to invent place-keeping bookmarks to read the entire post.

Also, as you can see while typing up your posts, this site encourages little yellow guys to batter other little yellow guys with a large brown club at regular intervals...

:club:​

...it's so friendly, here! Bash....bash...bash! (That club looks remarkably like a telescope to me! It must be my monitor!)

Ian.

Welcome Rex, well met.

I can relate to a lot of what you said. Sometimes you wonder if your premonitions of others are true - or if you're just thinking too much.

Hope you can find support here. Wish you luck.

Latest posts

Back