my head's gonna burst out! I'm suffocating!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marigold

Reaction score
Don't even know how to start.. I don't know if I'm feeling so bad because of what happened today or it's just an occasion for what's my mind for a long time now.. I had a job interview today and my boyfriend came with me supposedly lending his countenance to me.. Well, I was questioned by some woman, she was ok, being nice to me, she told me to do some stuff in order to see how I work.. Ok, so far so good! Next, the head woman came in.. What an obnoxious person! She behaved as she was some queen and I am nobody and said what I've done (some art work) was total crap! Well, she didn't exactly say it, it was actually something like this: "What?! Is that you've done?!!" with an intonation of total amazement of my crappy work, and after that she started asking question that weren't her business such as: What do you work now? What do you study?!, well, maybe she was right to ask that exactly but when I told her that I don't work and I haven't worked so far (the company doesn't requires experience, that was in the job description!!) and I don't study she turn her nasty face to me with the expression I am crap again, and asked me, Well, who makes your living then, mommy and daddy?!!.. That *****! I wished I have taken her for her crappy hair and...... But it wasn't her who made my day a nightmare.. It was my boyfriend! As we left the place I began to complaining about her behaviour as I expected that he would, if not else, be supportive and will agree with me.. What a fool of mine!! He started to talking about what a fool and a loser I was that I let her behave with me like that, he started to do my faces and words to her (when I agreed with sime thinks), and it seems he thought I was a squit and when I tried to argue he began to shout at me and put his hand right in front my face to make me shut up! I'm tired to tight more..... I feel like starting to cry, I feel disgusting!! ;(

Interviewers are human, and can be ********. So can boyfriends; though it sounds like he might have had positive intentions to tell you to be more assertive and shut down idiots like the woman, but clearly he did not express it well to you and I am sorry.

That other woman (the *****) conducted herself utterly inappropriately and completely unprofessional. I bet her mother would be appalled by her behaviour that she didn't raise a more polite child. Your boyfriend was being an idiot, don't bring him next time. I've been on both sides before, and I've been trained in conducting interviews. Personally I wouldn't want to work for a woman who acted like she did, if she does that with just an applicant can you imagine how she treats those who work under her.

Some people strive to aggravate others. I believe nowadays people like that are called "haters" in the internet world. Don't let her words get to you, it doesn't matter completely what other's think, you should also take pride in your work no matter what others think. You just keep doing what you love, don't let the words of one person discourage you and hurt you. Now your boyfriend on the other hand....he probably was meaning for you to stick up for yourself but he seemed to have taken a very bad way of going about it. Don't let his words get to you either, everybody does sometimes say stupid things without realizing it so maybe talk to him about it once you both seem cooled down enough. Keep your head up and don't let them into you, maybe do a few things to take your mind off of what all was said and return to the situation when you feel better. Hope things go better for you soon. Take care

I think your boyfriend and interview person acted wrongly. I believe the interviewer has the right to ask you all sorts of questions , but it would be very weird to see a professional person say stuff like that; wrong on her part. She should have just said "Thank you, we'll call you once we finish reviewing your resume". Your boyfriend, he shouldn't have called you a loser! Wrong on his part.

Latest posts

Back