Called a Flake.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z

Zorg

I get called flakey a lot. It's pretty unfair though, considering they don't understand that it's shyness. Ugh, does anyone else get called "flakey"? I just hate that word.

I'd figured it meant dry skin...I guess that's ashy....
I don't think I've heard it used as a description...

Looked in google:

To be a flake is to be someone that says that they're going to do something but never does.

http://forum.wordreference.com/archive/index.php/t-94178.html

Seems pretty demeaning, but everyone has done this at some point in time...Though it depends n the situation and the frequency...

I've never been called a flake. But then again, I've never really said I'm going to do anything. :)

I have.

To me, being a flake means an unreliable person. You say you will do something, but change your mind at the last minute!

to me flake means shallow. guess theres 1k meanings out there. which probably makes the word flake... flakey

I got this from urbandictionary.com. This is along the lines of what I've known flakey to mean.

flakey: adj.,to be unreliable, and/or absent-minded, flighty, fickle. Generally unresponsible.

Bob said he'd bring beer and instead he invited his friends who brought no beer.And he used to be into punk and now he likes disco. Dude is totally flakey.

I have never been called a flake. People just don't expect me to get things done. Then at the last minute I come along and save all of their sorry *sses. lol. It frequently happens. I would say it's probably because I don't fall apart under stress, I just get really pissed off. Especially at the people who fall apart under stress.

Latest posts

Back