What songs really strike a social chord with you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSolitaryMan

Reaction score
If you'll forgive the terrible pun in the title... :D

What songs really get you feeling more social, whether it be more willing to dance or more eager to get to know people? Perhaps it's just me, but I find certain pieces of music really seem to cheer me up or get me talking.

I'm not a fan of most "manufactured" pop, but for me Kylie's Can't Get You Out Of My Head is pretty much the song that seems to flick off my "shy switch" for a bit. Weird, because I don't like many of her other songs much.

[video=youtube]

When I think back to all the different things I've been to in my life, it's always been playing at some point of the party.

A light beat and tune, but I think it's the lyrics that do it. They're irresistably sexy and romantic, just really great for spurring that awkward part of me out the door so that I start chatting to people.

I can't count the number of times I've been nervously looking at a crush, then had that song come on and think "Okay, I really need to talk to her." :p

There are other songs that achieve a similar effect, but this one's my surprise favourite I think.

How about other people? What songs give you courage when you're out with others, or make you really feel like you're enjoying yourself?

I have several, but currently this is my ultimate socialize party animal song:

[video=youtube]

I find hearing the Manics makes me wanna dance...anywhere! I heard "Everything Must Go" playing in Afflecks Palace once and I squealed, giggled and then danced down the stairs. I also love Moloko (that and Goldfrapp is about as dance as I get) and many a time I've been wiggling about on a train station. So yeah I'm pretty much ok with dancing about like a tit in public. I'm shy but I'm fun I like to think.

As for Kylie, I'm not a massive fan either really but I remember going to see the display of her clothes at the art gallery in Manchester. They were playing her songs and vids on a screen and I couldn't help having a little boogie! It was such a fun day! One of the best art shows I've been too. Even the then boyfriend had a good time. One thing though I really couldn't get over how tiny everything was!

Oh man, I wanted to make a similar thread a while back, but couldn't find a way to explain what I was thinking. Thumbs, Solitaire.

Perhaps fitting for my bombastic metalhead self, the music that makes me feel social is some crazy, out of the park jungle-punk-electronica shizznit.

[youtube]jsL0CS7CxOI[/youtube]

These people are absolutely crazy. They are completely careless and as such, my polar opposites. Listening to their music speaks to the sad cowarding child within me that represents my courage and impulsiveness. I'm working hard to buff up that child these days, and these guys are my Dwight-in-the-car for that.
Their music isn't really all that interesting. Their albums are overlong and repetitive, and that's why I like them. They don't care how boring their music is, they're just having fun. This might be a relatively normal approach, but it is so far from the careful perfectionist that I am, and I think it's very healthy for me :D

Latest posts

Back