Hello thar

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Desolation

Hi there, I'm a long time lurker of this board and I thought its time to join.

I'm a 17 soon to be 18 year old guy who lives in the UK. Its my last year of high school/secondary school and I'm applying to universities right now. I guess I've always pretty much been a loner but it seems to have really hit me hard this year. I hang out with a group of people at school but we don't talk much and I have no social life to speak of outside school.
My problem is talking; I feel so insecure, I often don't say anything. This is kind of a vicious cycle meaning that people just don't talk to me anymore.

Anyways, I don't have many interests but I like the usual music, films, reading, video games, anime. I hope to study Computer Science at uni but I'm not actually that good with comps.

I'm just glad to know that there are other people feeling what I'm feeling out there and I hope we can talk more!

Welcome. =]

Hopefully you'll be able to start anew in university. You can just ignore that one college thread for now...

What kind of music do you like?

Welcome Deso I feel the same as way you far too often. I hope you find what you're looking for here

Hello longtime lurker! It's great that you've joined. I hope this site helps you feel better.

and right back at 'cha with a big 'ol Hello thar! Welcome aboard Desolation...:)

Thank you for the warm welcome guys!

Matt said:
Welcome. =]

Hopefully you'll be able to start anew in university. You can just ignore that one college thread for now...

What kind of music do you like?

The "Misconception of college " thread did depress me for a while but now I have some new hope. I must stay positive and make an effort now. I'm going to have an interview this Wednesday and this will hopefully be the first step towards a new me. Wish me luck!

As for music, a while back I was feeling my all time low and I no longer found anything I used to do fun anymore. This included listening to music. Now I mainly listen to anime music (I'm sad I know) but this is because I found that listening to angry rock simply made me feel worse. Crazy Japanese voice actors keep my spirits up :D

^ Lol, I actually am kind of the same - I don't listen to dark rock music (Tool, Alice in Chains, Metallica, Deftones) as much as I used to. I've been listening to quite a bit of J-Pop lately. >_>

Oooh Anime... that would probably be my deepest darkest secret (since the deeper darker one isn't a secret anymore)
so don't tell nobody.... but I'm an in-the-closet anime fan.
InuYasha, Fullmetal Alchemist, a bit of Naruto Shippuuden, a bit of One Piece, used to watch Yu Yu Hakusho... bleah I disgust myself.

There is nothing wrong with watching anime, I mean it now has the same social standing as stamp collecting at least!
I've always liked anime but I guess its only recently that I've become a full blown fan(atic).
I've watched Bleach and Naruto (so help me God), and more recently The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Right now I'm watching FMA and Evangelion which are amazing compared to the crap they churn out these days, *cough* Shippuuden *cough*.
No need to be ashamed to watch anime Qui! Be a proud lol!

Qui said:
Oooh Anime... that would probably be my deepest darkest secret (since the deeper darker one isn't a secret anymore)
so don't tell nobody.... but I'm an in-the-closet anime fan.
InuYasha, Fullmetal Alchemist, a bit of Naruto Shippuuden, a bit of One Piece, used to watch Yu Yu Hakusho... bleah I disgust myself.

Yea, lol, I went through that phase too, I still keep my anime watching a secret but at least I'm not ashamed anymore:D

Desolation said:
There is nothing wrong with watching anime, I mean it now has the same social standing as stamp collecting at least!
I've always liked anime but I guess its only recently that I've become a full blown fan(atic).
I've watched Bleach and Naruto (so help me God), and more recently The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Right now I'm watching FMA and Evangelion which are amazing compared to the crap they churn out these days, *cough* Shippuuden *cough*.
No need to be ashamed to watch anime Qui! Be a proud lol!

Stamp collecting, wow, anime's respect is on the rise then! I'm new to anime and right now am watching Bleach, 2nd season, missed the first, where do you watch your anime, or do you actually buy the DVD's and stuff?

NeverMore said:
Stamp collecting, wow, anime's respect is on the rise then! I'm new to anime and right now am watching Bleach, 2nd season, missed the first, where do you watch your anime, or do you actually buy the DVD's and stuff?

I'm afraid I'm a cheapskate and I only watch them online. crunchyroll.com is my usual hangout, they have loads of stuff on there. I do mean to eventually support the animation studios by buying the DVDs, I just need monies first :p.

You say you missed the first season of Bleach, does this mean you're watching on TV? I recommend you try and watch the subs on the internet. Bleach is awesome, miles better than Naruto!

Desolation said:
I'm afraid I'm a cheapskate and I only watch them online. crunchyroll.com is my usual hangout, they have loads of stuff on there. I do mean to eventually support the animation studios by buying the DVDs, I just need monies first :p.

You say you missed the first season of Bleach, does this mean you're watching on TV? I recommend you try and watch the subs on the internet. Bleach is awesome, miles better than Naruto!

Actualy I missed the first season and now I'm watching the second season on TV, I think they are up to episode 32 or something now, and at the same time I'm starting to watch the first season online I'm only on episode 3,lol

Yea, I've used crunchyroll before but everything is lisecnsed and you can't watch it , it sucks

Latest posts

Back