Irony

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbstanley70

Reaction score
When my young ex and I started dating, I was the one who was concerned about how my friends would perceive me dating someone who was young enough to be my daughter. She was constantly texting, calling and checking on me and so desired my attention, even if I wasn't as receptive. As our relationship continued, I realized how important she was to me and how much I really cared about her. Sadly, as her college experience continued, my place in her life waned and she began to distance herself from me because she was afraid of the scrutiny of her friends. To think and see how the relationship flipped from one extreme to another is one of the supreme ironies of my life: the more I valued and loved her, the less she needed me. Que Sera Sera

lbstanley70 said:
When my young ex and I started dating, I was the one who was concerned about how my friends would perceive me dating someone who was young enough to be my daughter. She was constantly texting, calling and checking on me and so desired my attention, even if I wasn't as receptive. As our relationship continued, I realized how important she was to me and how much I really cared about her. Sadly, as her college experience continued, my place in her life waned and she began to distance herself from me because she was afraid of the scrutiny of her friends. To think and see how the relationship flipped from one extreme to another is one of the supreme ironies of my life: the more I valued and loved her, the less she needed me. Que Sera Sera
THE BRUTAL HONESTY IS THAT YOU ARE AN OLD GUY GRANDPA,
AND SHE NEEDED YOU FOR MONEY, YOU WERE TREATED LIKE A BANK, PLUS U MAKE ME SICK STICK WITH YOUR OWN AGE, GRANPA.

LOL THERE IS NO IRONY OLD MAN, SHE NEEDED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT, SHE WAS A BENEFICIARY. LOL.

Limlim said:
caps lock is cruise control for cool huh?
I was pissed at that degenerate, pervert, senile old man.

If i ever see my daughter *i dont have 1 yet...but if i ever see my daughter 19 years old with a 35-60 years he is dog meat.

Well, Lonelyclothar, you have certainly hurt my feelings. I shall never post again. The interesting thing is I understand my whole relationship with this person was doomed from the start and I am more angry at myself than her for actually believing we could make it work. She told me she loved me and I believed her and that was dumb on my part and I knew it. So by all means, continue to insult and make disparaging comments. If it makes you feel better do what you have to do, because I believe that is the purpose of this website; to make people feel better and you obviously have found your niche.

I could care less if you post or not, dont cry. I been called a lot of honeysuckle to my face, and i dont get my feelings hurt even by the closes people i thought could never hurt me, they have, man up already.

I think we must come to terms with the fact that not every relationship will last forever, even it feels like it could.

People change as they grow older and she's simply not done changing.

I hope you either find her again later on, or someone else to care for as you did her.

Cuidate mi amigo.

p.s. I suggest doing as I have done and placing LonelyClothar on your ignore list. His trolling is ridiculous and immature to say the least. Don't think he represents the people on this forum who are generally understanding and helpful.

FunkyBuddha thanks for your kind words and good advice regarding our pleasant friend LonelyClothar. I too hope to meet my ex again one day because I honestly believe she and I aren't done but that could only be romantic naivete on my part. Time will tell

lbstanley70 said:
FunkyBuddha thanks for your kind words and good advice regarding our pleasant friend LonelyClothar. I too hope to meet my ex again one day because I honestly believe she and I aren't done but that could only be romantic naivete on my part. Time will tell

YEAH BUDDY WHEN SHE NEEDS TO PAY HER TUITION OH I AM SURE SHE WILL BE CALLING YOU WINK WINK
GOOD LUCK.`

lbstanley70 said:

Have you read my previous replies and thoughts to you? I'm curious as to what you think.

Ignored one I have read your thoughts and I do appreciate your comments. Much of what you have to say has credence so don't think I am not heeding your contributions. Trust me when I say, the relationship I had with her was doomed from the start but **** if I didn't love her.

I dont have answers or advice....
Any advice are things I can figure out on my own.
I feel what I feel. Ive gone through break ups or got dumped.
I dont react or spond that same everytime.
Living through whatever process I have to.
Sometimes I get over them quickly...sometimes I dont.
Sometimes I'll get back with the same woman again...other times I dont.

I do like the lyrics to this song. Sometimes it helps me becuase that's how I feel sometimes.
It helps me to process whatever I feel. I feel what I feel and it's okay.
I'm me...not anyone else.
I do know what its like to love someone. Even if she's wrong for me. Even if the entire world tells me
I should stop love in her.
If and when the moment comes..that I stop love her, I'll know.
It won't be becuase of advice. I wont be becuase of another woman. It wont be becuase it's my chioce.
It's when my heart stops loving her. As of this moment I dont know when that will be and it's okay.

"was it over before.....before we ever begin..."

[youtube]0VsZaW-0WEM[/youtube]

Stanley I feel for ya bud. I tend to gravitate toward the younger women not really out of anything but acknowledging that they are on the same level of experience as I am. All we can hope for is that at the end of the day the love we have for ourselves and the love we get from family and friends is enough to heal our wounds.

Latest posts

Back