ideal person

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jales

Reaction score
no one is judging you on your answer to this.. n i'm not saying that you would spend your life waiting on this person and let other people who could have completed your life pass you by...

but i'm curious ... if you were to be honest with yourself.. do you have a mental concept of what your ideal mate would be like...?

what qualities does this ideal person have?
is your concept based on someone else you know and have seen function well within a relationship?

describe what an ideal relationship ..or guy..or girl would be like..to you

I do have an idea of what my ideal girl would be like, but I'd rather not post it, lest it hurt the feelings of anyone here. >_>

Example:

Me: I want a girl with a tail.

All girls without tails: :( :( :(

The perfect girl for me would be caring, funny, ditsy, and a good listener. I would want a girl that no matter what kind of trouble the relationship was in, we could just sit down talk about it all and maybe even laugh about it. She wouldn't have a lot of friends because that would be really intimidating, just someone who would love me for who I am or for who I'm becoming, just someone to grow old together with:)

Matt said:
I do have an idea of what my ideal girl would be like, but I'd rather not post it, lest it hurt the feelings of anyone here. >_>

Example:

shoot me a pm...inquiring minds want to know. How could you're concept of what an ideal girl is hurt anyone's feelings here? (You won't hurt my feelings, Matt).

Definitie Musts:

Funny

Sexy (not necessarily aesthetics - comfortable with their body and sexuality)

Progressive (with some traditional qualities)

Optimistic

Patient

Affectionate

tg... u stole my thread idea LoL
im glad u did ;). looks better coming from u haha
im choosing not 2 list. but ill say this much...
i would spend my life waiting 4 this person
then again... maybe i already have

Heh.. I wanted to make a thread like this. :)

My dream girlfriend would be just a nice quiet girl to cuddle with. She wouldn't be "social" and "outgoing". She would be a loner like me. :)

There wouldn't be anything intimidating about her... she wouldn't have a perfect face and perfect skin, it's better if she has some blemishes. She would have kissy lips though. :-D

We wouldn't have the kind of relationship where people are playing roles, manipulating, trying to "impress" each other. She would know that if she falls, I am there to pick her up, and if I fall, she is there to pick me up. Mutual compassion... and lots of affection.

And of course our personalities would be compatible... does that need to be mentioned? :p It's impossible to have a relationship otherwise.

I was thinking once that lonely people are lonely in part because they are too different from others around them. It's easier for "normal people" to find friends because they're similar to each other. And of course, just being lonely doesn't help you connect with another lonely person either. Because both of you are too different. Perhaps even more different from each other than from the "normal people".

Here is an example of what I mean by "playing roles":

Yesterday I was on a bus. There was a girl sitting not too far from me. Then some guy entered the bus too. She waved at him, so he came to sit next to her. "Ah, it must be her boyfriend", I thought. And it was. So later, she wrapped her arm around his and leant her head against his shoulder. I expected him to respond in some way, but he didn't. He just sat stiff, as if he doesn't notice that she put her head against her shoulder. He didn't even hold her hand. I was puzzled by that. If it was me in his place, I would have melted like butter already. :p

So I figured out that he is playing "cold" because it's part of the game between them. If he will respond with affection to her affection, then that would be "unmanly" and she wouldn't want him anymore. The only way that he can have a girlfriend is by appearing confident and "manly". He can't be affectionate and cuddly wit her, because that would mean he is emotionally dependent on her which makes him a loser. And her affection isn't real affection at all, but more like a test. "Will he soften up to this? If he does then I dump him." Their entire relationship is fake.

Of course I might be reading into things too much... maybe I see it the wrong way. But it seemed fake to me. Both of them.

Hmmm....
A guy who is loyal.
Someone who can take a hint and a joke.
But no illegal drugs. Deffs not pot. Way too smelly.
ABOVE ALL THEY CAN'T MAKE FUN OF ME WHEN I'M TRYING!!!
That last one is the most important because I don't have anyone in my life who is close to me that doesn't tease me all the time. It's so hard when all my friends and my whole family all laugh in my face when I'm trying to improve... but everyone I'm around does so that's why I'm single.

mimizu said:
Trying what?

To improve. To get better at whatever it is I'm doing. IDK, it's like when half the class starts laughing whenever I ask a question in my biology class, when I say I need to study my dad laughs and says I never study and what the hell good with that do, When I'm playing guitar and I mess up but instead of correcting me or whatever the guys in my guitar class just tell me things like "that's why girls can't play guitar" or "you suck", when I stayed after class to talk to my french teacher my friend told me "why bother? you'll never get a better grade in this class. It's because your slavic!" (I am 1/8 czechoslovakian, not that much) and that's just from today...
If I could change one thing about my life I would want someone to take me seriously just once...
And that's why it's my #1 criteria for a significant other. Also why I don't have one...

Somebody that cares.
Somebody that loves me for who I am, not what I could be.
When you're someone like me, in a world like this, it's an extraordinarily huge ask. I can relate to how Shrek would feel, without the added bonus of having armies after me. Oh man, that'd be tip-top.

Somebody that accepts me for me. Low standards? You bet.

Qui: You seem to be stuck in a place full of ********. :( Maybe moving to a better place would help?

Matt said:

Example:

??????????????????

That has got me wondering I have to admit. You cent leave it there matt :) OK you can if you like *shacks fists at you* lol

My idea of a girl that I would like is someone that_-_-_-_ you know I have not got a clue relay. When I started to reply to this I thought that it would be easy to answer it. But its not. In fact I don't think you could have asked a moor difficult thing.

Of course I wont the normal nice caring and pretty. Someone that takes care of her self. But also someone that has morals, and not Just in it tell the next best thing comes along. Someone that well love me for me and get me. I always thought I would know when I meet her :) maybe that's wishful thinking. I like to think that magic dose happen sometimes.

Styx said:
Somebody that cares.
Somebody that loves me for who I am, not what I could be.
When you're someone like me, in a world like this, it's an extraordinarily huge ask. I can relate to how Shrek would feel, without the added bonus of having armies after me. Oh man, that'd be tip-top.

Somebody that accepts me for me. Low standards? You bet.

For me, i second this one. Not asking for much, just someone who'll accept me and love me for who i am inside. :)

Qui said:
Hmmm....
A guy who is loyal.
Someone who can take a hint and a joke.
But no illegal drugs. Deffs not pot. Way too smelly.
That last one is the most important because I don't have anyone in my life who is close to me that doesn't tease me all the time. It's so hard when all my friends and my whole family all laugh in my face when I'm trying to improve... but everyone I'm around does so that's why I'm single.

No one likes being lauged at. And, for the laughers, sometimes it's an easy thing for them to do if it's a mean, put down laugh. For me, anytime someone would laugh, I thought it was always mean spirited. Made me very uncomfortable, embarrassed, and hide from them. Then someone I trusted very much pointed out that "they may be laughing because they like you". Now, as often as not (not always by any measure), if I do not know what someone is laughing at, that is, if I feel I'm being laughed at, I ask for an explanation, just so I'll know. Not so much to put them "on the spot", but to be sure I know the reason for the laugh, and then will know if there is any misunderstanding? Thanks for listening.

ideal person ?

Affectionate, long curly hair, blushes a lot, pouts their lips and furrows their brows when can't get their way, shy, tries to be a good girl, loves to be wrapped up in a warm blanket and be fed, looks down when you look her in the eyes, wears summer dresses and flip flops.

Qui said:
That last one is the most important because I don't have anyone in my life who is close to me that doesn't tease me all the time. It's so hard when all my friends and my whole family all laugh in my face when I'm trying to improve...
That's one thing that really boils my blood, people who laugh at you when you're really trying. Also people who ask your opinion then criticise it or try to change it.

but anyways, back on topic

My ideal mate:
Someone who shares my interests
Someone who actually wants to be with me and hang out with me.
Someone who likes spending time with me more than their friends
Someone who loves me for me. Someone I can trust completely.

As far as looks go, as long as they aren't unhealthily overweight (i.e if doing simple every day things like climbing the stairs leaves them panting) and they aren't mirror-shattering ugly, then I'm happy.

AngryLoner said:
That's one thing that really boils my blood, people who laugh at you when you're really trying. Also people who ask your opinion then criticise it or try to change it.

I don't believe anyone is laughing at Qui. We occasionally poke fun at each other. It's all in good humor.

Relax, y'all.

I want an honest man with character and morals. A man who is strong but gentle to me and down to earth.

Latest posts

Back