Too dependant on other.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henbee

Reaction score
I feel like I depend on other people (i.e a boyfriend) too much.

I've been in two relationships in the last 5years, and those 5years were a crucial part of me growing up and I guess it's affected me because I'm not sure how to be by myself because I always had someone there. So now that I'm not with anyone or not on the verge of being with anyone I feel as if I'm not functioning properly, I feel as if my insides are shutting down and I'm totally alone. I want to be independent, I want to be more confident alone but I have no idea where to start. I can't shake the feeling that I need someone else to comfort me rather than find comfort in myself.

Start by having a place to live by yourself, and the means to support yourself. You have those?

I do not have those :( I'm at home. With my parents whom I do not really connect with. Too scared to do anything.

for someone its easy and for some its not.. if you are dependent on someone then your whole life revolves around that special person.. people say life stops for no one.. but what if that someone special was your life.. was your source of living.. i don't know how but some people do get over their past relationships and move on..

You want to be independent you have to get out of the house and do it. Get a job if you don't have one, get money saved up, find a place to live and become that person you want to be.

I would say that you should sit down. List all the things you learned from your old boyfriend. Then apply them to your everyday life. With people who are dependent I think you don't actually pay attention while things are going on. That is not terrible, but now it is time to see all that you learned.

Second, take it one thing at a time. One thing that messed me up was trying to take on 100 different tasks at the same time. Choose one or two things, master them move on.

Well, focus on getting your own income first and foremost. That's the most valuable part of life - the rest can fall into place later. What are you scared of?

Latest posts

Back