Firefox vs. Chrome

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which browser do you prefer?

• Total voters

meekthoughts

Reaction score
I know there are other browsers out there but frankly I don't care for them. :p

I'm currently using firefox (nightly), but lately it's been having too many glitches since a lot of testing is going on. Often I can't play java or other plugins. I'm a little bit impatient with it nowadays.

Even though I've been loyal to firefox for many years, I've noticed that google chrome has been getting more stable now and looks promising. Google's been taking over the internet lately and I've been avidly reaping benefits from them (search engine, gmail, scholar, reader, google+, calendar, etc.) so would it be a good idea to switch?

What browsers do you guys use and why did you choose it? I know there are a whole bunch of topics about this online, but it's nice to get feedback from people I'm a little bit more familiar with.

I....HATE....Firefox!!!! :club:
Unfortunately, I have to use it for work. For everything else, I use Chrome.

Callie said:

That seems like intense hatred. >__> Feel free to rant about it if you'd like, and I can use that information as well. :p

Yeah FF has been bad lately. It's disappointing. I tried chrome as my main browser for a few days, and it's improved a lot, plus it has some decent plugins now. But well, I'm back to using firefox. The main issue was some minor Flash bugs, and it gave me trouble in both browsers so. Nowhere to run :p

I use Opera myself, but as for compatibility and other things, I feel that Chrome is the most decent and stable out of those. They all have their flaws tbh since they're constantly changing and improving, sometimes things break.

Try Chrome out for yourself, you might like it.

Lawrens said:
I use Opera myself, but as for compatibility and other things, I feel that Chrome is the most decent and stable out of those. They all have their flaws tbh since they're constantly changing and improving, sometimes things break.

Try Chrome out for yourself, you might like it.

Yeah, I'm not really blaming firefox, but I just thought that if I were to switch a browser this would probably be a good time.

I did try out chrome for the things firefox could not do, but it really is hard to change browsers on a whim. It's hard to give up my beloved add-ons on firefox that make my life so much easier.

I got tired of my firefox extensions breaking with every update that came out. It doesn't seem to be as much of a problem for chrome so I switched to that (Though I use chromium which is the open source build of it).

Limlim said:
I got tired of my firefox extensions breaking with every update that came out. It doesn't seem to be as much of a problem for chrome so I switched to that (Though I use chromium which is the open source build of it).

I hear you. I had to use a compatibility reporter add-on to use incompatible extensions and report every problem I encountered just to get it fixed.

Haha, chromium, I like that. Unfortunately I'm not computer-savvy enough.

I loved the way Chrome worked. just loved the simplicity of it.
Just for me there was just one thing that let it down. I constantly use a spell check. I was unable to install a good one for chrome.
Where as firefox you can install google toolbar that has a good spell check on. If it wasn't for this I would be using chrome.

Bluey said:
I loved the way Chrome worked. just loved the simplicity of it.
Just for me there was just one thing that let it down. I constantly use a spell check. I was unable to install a good one for chrome.
Where as firefox you can install google toolbar that has a good spell check on. If it wasn't for this I would be using chrome.

Agreed, chrome's simplicity is nice. As a result it also uses so much less memory. :p Really? I'm surprised that chrome doesn't have a spell check feature. A lot of people are dependent on that.

meekthoughts said:
Agreed, chrome's simplicity is nice. As a result it also uses so much less memory. :p Really? I'm surprised that chrome doesn't have a spell check feature. A lot of people are dependent on that.

Ye it was way fast :) But they made it to simple. It for me dose need a spell check.
You can highlight the word. It dose have one in that way. But its slow to use and is rubbish at giving you the correct spelling.
If I used it you would not understand me to well.

My spelling is so bad that one time I was in an adult chat room and was frown out by the moderator there cos she/he thought I was a child lol Cos of my spelling. So yes I am one of those ppl that are dependant on a good spell check.

Bluey said:
Ye it was way fast :) But they made it to simple. It for me dose need a spell check.
You can highlight the word. It dose have one in that way. But its slow to use and is rubbish at giving you the correct spelling.
If I used it you would not understand me to well.

My spelling is so bad that one time I was in an adult chat room and was frown out by the moderator there cos she/he thought I was a child lol Cos of my spelling. So yes I am one of those ppl that are dependant on a good spell check.

Haha, if you guys were talking about "adult" things, it would be very hard to imagine anyone being a child and talking about those things no matter about spelling.

There's nothing to be ashamed about if you have poor spelling. :) Besides, studies have shown that people can still read words as long as the first and last letters are right (unless the word is rather long), and there is context. For isnctae msot poelpe sohlud sitll be albe to raed tihs qiute wlel.

meekthoughts said:
Haha, if you guys were talking about "adult" things, it would be very hard to imagine anyone being a child and talking about those things no matter about spelling.

Well this place had different rooms according to what age or sexuality you are. Since I am over 18 I stayed away from the under 18s room.
We wasn't talking about anything sexy :p Just chatting honeysuckle like you do in these placers. Much the same as the chat room we have here I suppose :p
Just peeps having a laugh an all. But ye she threw me out lol Gotta look at the funny side of that though I guss XD

meekthoughts said:
There's nothing to be ashamed about if you have poor spelling. :).

Oh am no longer ashamed of it. I use to be very ashamed of it and at school and college used to cover my work up with my arm when someone was to walk by.

meekthoughts said:
Besides, studies have shown that people can still read words as long as the first and last letters are right (unless the word is rather long), and there is context. For isnctae msot poelpe sohlud sitll be albe to raed tihs qiute wlel.

I have seen that what you talk about be for. I thought it was very clever. Incredible how the brain works :)

I used firefox for many years. Everything became bloated and glitchy and every time a new version came out it just got worse. I switched to Chrome and havn't looked back. If you want a spell/grammarcheck check out After the Deadline. I use it with Chrome and it works nicely.
http://afterthedeadline.com/

meekthoughts said:
Callie said:

That seems like intense hatred. >__> Feel free to rant about it if you'd like, and I can use that information as well. :p

It's glitchy and it freezes up on me and it shuts down on me (some of this may have something to do with my work, but not the majority of it) Just little things that require a smidgen of patience which I don't possess.

kamya said:
I used firefox for many years. Everything became bloated and glitchy and every time a new version came out it just got worse. I switched to Chrome and havn't looked back. If you want a spell/grammarcheck check out After the Deadline. I use it with Chrome and it works nicely.
http://afterthedeadline.com/

Hay thanks for the link man :Y
I have book marked it. I well definitely look moor into that :)

So it seems like chrome is winning at this point. :p I feel really bad for firefox since all they wanted to do was improve, but they went a little too fast (especially with the version number jumping..) and cost them a lot of users. Recently it's been much better with its recent updates though.

After my midterms are over, I'll go check out chrome more thoroughly myself and see if I can replace my important extensions with something equivalent. Thanks guys. ^_^

Latest posts

Back