Depression. I feel it again.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

I went back on the suicide support forum last night after staying off of it for a year.

I've been feeling lots of shame and worthlessness lately.

I feel as though I've failed myself and I don't wish to elaborate on why I feel this way.

Just thought I'd tell everyone my mental status right now. You probably can't help me and i'm not expecting help, i can only help myself.

*buries her snout in her paws*

Hi, I also send you hugs. I'm feeling empty and worthless too, so can sypmathise. I hope you soon feel better.

It always gets better. :)

I find that doing anything at all to keep your mind busy works very well. Do anything at all, doesn't matter what, just do it! :p

If you want to remain depressed....

I'm trying to help you. :)

Do anything, trust me.

Ak5 said:
If you want to remain depressed....

Thanks. Though I don't think you realize how condescending thatsounds to me whenever someone says that.

I think its the ebb and flow of life, some people just have more extremes ebbs and flows. You were feeling ok recently right? Try to conjure up/hold onto the memory of when you were feeling ok. I dont really know you, but from what I have read, you are an amazingly strong person, you are a survivor! I am not sure if you realize just how strong of a person you are? You are just starting out in life really, and I think you already have much insight on this world that many of us do not have. Keep pushing on woman.

There was this conversation from the comedy show "Louie" and it went something like
“I wish I could tell you it gets better, but it doesn't get better; you get better"

Don't usually like to quote stuff (and from a comedy), but I guess there's some truth in that, probably won't make you feel better, but at least it's something, or if you haven't seen the show, now you have a new show to watch when you're in the mood!

Ak5 said:
I find that doing anything at all to keep your mind busy works very well. Do anything at all, doesn't matter what, just do it! :p

Being depressed usually means having incredibly low motivation as well as incredibly poor concentration, which makes the above strategy next to impossible.

And, I know that you mean well, but telling depressed people things along the lines of 'Just do it' or 'Come on, you just need to start doing things again', besides missing the point entirely, are ridiculously condescending, and it is a fast track to creating an insoluble barrier between yourself and the depressed individual you're trying to help out. Whenever somebody tried/tries to give me advice like that I'd automatically shut them out, because it was obvious that there was a giant chasm of misunderstanding and incomprehension separating the two of us. (i) I had tried that approach already, (ii) if it was really that easy, don't you think I'd be out there doing things instead of lying in my bed all day?

Okay lets not rip on other people who are trying to be helpful. The kid is right, you just have to do something to pull yourself out of depression. We all know this, we've all been there before even if it does sound condescending. Yeah it's hard to do when you are feeling depressed, of course you don't have the motivation or ambition to do duck all. But if you don't then you'll never get out of your depressed feelings. Nothing is going to just come along or happy that will magically make it all better, and those who've been depressed know that.

Recently when I was depressed for quite some time I finally had to pull myself up. Sure I got to talk to some people that helped get a few things out that I've been keeping to myself. But there was still getting back that ambition to enjoy what I've been putting off or not doing at all. This is going to sound silly to some, but I still read and collect comic books. I keep a log of each one I have and recently DC relaunched their universe. All their comics restarted at #1. So I thought it a good idea to start new lists for them and clean out my duo-tang, putting the old ones away. It was an up hill battle to make the lists up, but after a few weeks I've finally finished them. Starting that got me back into doing other things I enjoy, it got me back into my hobbies and I've started writing my stories.

The point I'm trying to make is by pushing myself to start those new lists and reorganize them helped lift my spirits back up. It got me back into my hobbies and I've been much happier since then. Getting the new Arkham City game helped too. If we don't push ourselves to do something to make us happier and pull us out of our depression we'll never shake it.

I really like that quote Lawrens said, who cares if it was from a tv show, it's true.

Sophia, don't know what happened to make you so depressed, but I offer hugs and hope you can find the drive to pull yourself out of it and feel better soon. You're too kind of a person to be depressed.

SpectacledScienceCat said:
Ak5 said:

Being depressed usually means having incredibly low motivation as well as incredibly poor concentration, which makes the above strategy next to impossible.

And, I know that you mean well, but telling depressed people things along the lines of 'Just do it' or 'Come on, you just need to start doing things again', besides missing the point entirely, are ridiculously condescending, and it is a fast track to creating an insoluble barrier between yourself and the depressed individual you're trying to help out. Whenever somebody tried/tries to give me advice like that I'd automatically shut them out, because it was obvious that there was a giant chasm of misunderstanding and incomprehension separating the two of us. (i) I had tried that approach already, (ii) if it was really that easy, don't you think I'd be out there doing things instead of lying in my bed all day?

I've bee lying in my bed a lot lately.

[/quote]

I guess i need to force myself to do things, but forcing yourself isn't normal I don't think.

I want to go to sleep again. This isn't like me.

Sorry to whine.

If i don't pass this semester at college idk what I am going to do.

I feel a lot of shame at the moment.

SophiaGrace said:
Skorian said:
Don't know if sweets have anything to do with it, but here is a resource to get you started if junk food and lack of protein are involved. http://www.becomehealthynow.com/article/readingnutrition/228/

I havea feeding tube and eat Jevity 1.2 Cal

I did see a pic somewhere. Don't understand the situation behind it. I have no idea what Jevita 1.2 Cal is, but not being able to have a normalish diet would cause your body and mind problems.

Looked it up. http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-jevity-1-point-2-cal-i124841 This has several nutrients in it, but from what I can tell is incomplete. Might try getting the help of a good nutritionist and getting some advice. Might be a good idea for you to get some nutritional education. People need to vary their diet.

SophiaGrace I am really sorry to hear this about you.
I have always looked up to you and you are an inspiration to me.
Not many ppl I could actually say that to.
But you most of the time are a tryer. You don't let little things get you down. Or so it appears you don't.
I guss your only human. I do understand to a certain degree what it can do to you when your so much different then others.
It makes you feel like there is no place for you in the world.
Makes you feel ppl are polite but nothing moor.
Perspective partners may be nice and welcome you has a friend, But that's it :(

I well confess since you have here I too very recently been posting on a suicide forum :( I seat here in so much pain with tears in my eyes and yet I see nothing on line or other wise that helps.

Un-like you I don't have college or work. I live alone. It tears me apart the loneliness.

I should be going to college to do something. My health is not that bad that I am unable to do that.
I struggle to do the work there and would be embarrassed for my academical ability's is not good.

My mum and dad look after a 9 years old. He has better handwriting then I do. And apparently he is behind a little for he's age.

But ye that and my body that's twisted. OK I can hide that with a baggy T-shirt like I do. Not able to hide the limp so well though. Or that I get tied faster then I should. All this dose knock my confidence as well.
Not that am out meeting many new ppl.

HAY, having a good cry can make you feel better after.
You have ti pick yourself up you know. You don't fail at falling down. You fail by not picking yourself up.
You are a great person. A person I wish I know IRL. It sucks that it always seems to be the greatest of ppl that struggle in life. Maybe that's what made them great because there not arrogant and take simple things in life for granted. You certainly don't do that. Anyone that's even read moor then 2 posts made by you here would know that.

Stay strong girl. I know you are anyway.

SophiaGrace hope you feel better soon. Being depressed sucks I know. I sort of reached a breaking point myself the past few months and realized I need help and started seeing a counselor. I'd just been ignoring and my problems up until this point and I sort of was no longer capable of lying to myself anymore and the truth of how shitty my life had become just hit me really hard. I don't know how much therapy can help me, but just having someone to talk to about my issues has already been helpful. It's making me think about and admit things that I've avoided thinking about and lied to myself about for years.

Latest posts

Back