Sneak...sneak...sneak

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sci-Fi

Watcher
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
boo.gif

LOL :D

Halloween is fast approaching and this time of the year puts me in a...spooky mood? I like to look up true ghost stories and read about haunted places. Some are very disturbing, especially the stories that have pictures of creepy abandoned asylums.

There are a few haunted places in my home town, a village I used to live in and the town I live in now.

My home town has a few tales. One tells of a girl who was thrown into the Thames River, her screams can still be hear (though I've never heard them). At a church there is a tale of a tall man dressed in black who has been seen by a few people running through a hall. A teenager also witnessed this man playing hide and seek. Also in the church an intoxicating smell can be detected in a storage room.

In this village I lived in there is a story about a girl who's parents did not approve of the boy she was dating. She ran away and was later found dead. The parents blamed the boyfriend but her mother later confessed to the murder. She and her parents are buried in the cemetery and her ghost is sometimes seen. I never went to the cemetery at night but the 8 years we lived there I no one I knew had ever seen this ghost.

Where I live now we have an old jail that is no longer used to house prisoners. It is open to tours now, though I've never been I've been told it is creepy at anytime of the year. Prisoners were hung and buried at the jail. The Governor's house is connected to the prison via a hallway. The attic has been sealed off and footsteps have been heard coming from it. In the laundry room cold drafts and feels of being watched can be felt. After the jail was closed the Children's Aid Society used the Governor's quarters as an office, and sometimes the running and laughter of children can be heard.

Spooky!

Anyone else have spooky stories of where they live?

LOL. funny funny.
the Sneak sneak thing with the picture, not the storys ;)

i find the places with people in it scarier than the abandoned ones really.

dont have any storys from around here though.
bunch off unemaginative down to earth people the dutch are :p
quite boring actually.

I once lived in an old house that was built upon an even older cemetery (true story, actually). In one of the rooms of that house (in which we only lived in a flat), something mean spirited was lurking. It was in my mother's bedroom, and our perception of "something" being there came gradually. My mum gradually started having trouble sleeping in that room, and she found herself more frequently waking up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason and having unpleasant dreams. She once felt something move about at the foot end of her bed, and thought it was our dog (a bichon frisé) - until she looked down on the floor and saw the dog lying sound asleep there. That freaked her out quite a bit. At its peak, we would both feel cold and anxious whenever we walked through the room (which we had to do in order to get to the bathroom).

This went on for a little while, and at the end my mum decided to start sleeping on the sofa instead. That's when I went in there with some incense, a pentagram and cleansing crystals (and now you all think I'm crazy - I don't blame you!) and performed a banishing ritual. That seemed to do the trick, and the room felt normal after that, enabling my mum to sleep peacefully again.

Another true story, was that of my aunt's flat, a while back. This flat also had one room where something weird was happening. At first, it was my aunt's bedroom, and she would occasionally hear heavy breathing coming from one specific spot, even though she was all alone in the room at the time. She also a few times felt that someone was lying down next to her in the bed, and she'd think it was her boyfriend, until she turned around and saw no one. Creepy! Later on, the room passed on to my youngest cousin, who also experienced hearing the breathing sounds. My aunt freaked out a little when she heard about it, because my aunt had never told anyone about what she'd used to hear (she just thought she was overly tired or something), so my cousin couldn't have just imagined it based on some story. One night the breathing got so loud, my cousin (maybe around 12 years old at the time) got so scared she called for her mother. When my aunt opened the door and came into the room, she heard the breathing as well. They moved shortly after that.

Equinox said:
This went on for a little while, and at the end my mum decided to start sleeping on the sofa instead. That's when I went in there with some incense, a pentagram and cleansing crystals (and now you all think I'm crazy - I don't blame you!) and performed a banishing ritual. That seemed to do the trick, and the room felt normal after that, enabling my mum to sleep peacefully again.

Golden Dawn's Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram, or something more elaborate?

The library I have my NA home group in isn't a library anymore, it's really hardly ever used now. It was built by the Carnegie Foundation waaaaaay back in the day and as secretary, I get to the meeting an extra hour earlier than anyone else to open up and set up every week. The section we have the meeting in is upstairs and if you go into the office and look behind the door there is a narrow set of stairs that go up to a small overlook room with shelves for storage. One of the first librarians hung herself there. I can vouch that she does indeed make herself known on occasion. I've only heard her, but I know people who have seen her.

O.O Wow Equinox you actually lived in a haunted house. Neat. Well not so neat since it freaked your mom out but neat because of the season.

That's a creepy story too Video, made creepier that you've heard her. Spooky.

IgnoredOne said:
Golden Dawn's Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram, or something more elaborate?

I mostly constructed it myself, nothing elaborate, and loosely based on the GDLRP.

I'm actually not quite sure if it was the houses that were haunted, or if it's our family. Either way, I found it pretty neat, since I love anything out of the ordinary. :D

VideoVidiVisum said:
The library I have my NA home group in isn't a library anymore, it's really hardly ever used now. It was built by the Carnegie Foundation waaaaaay back in the day and as secretary, I get to the meeting an extra hour earlier than anyone else to open up and set up every week. The section we have the meeting in is upstairs and if you go into the office and look behind the door there is a narrow set of stairs that go up to a small overlook room with shelves for storage. One of the first librarians hung herself there. I can vouch that she does indeed make herself known on occasion. I've only heard her, but I know people who have seen her.

Feel free to ignore this question, but, you're in narcotics anonymous?

Equinox said:
I mostly constructed it myself, nothing elaborate, and loosely based on the GDLRP.

I'm actually not quite sure if it was the houses that were haunted, or if it's our family. Either way, I found it pretty neat, since I love anything out of the ordinary. :D

Well, it can never hurt to keep banishing for the heck of it anyway. Its like spring cleaning, get rid of those random influences :D

My brother's old house was haunted. I don't really know the story about why, but there was an older man and also a little boy in a baseball cap. The older man would throw things sometimes (when no one was around thankfully) and the little boy would turn things on. One day I was over there and we were out in the pool, the only person inside was my sleeping baby nephew (probably maybe 3 months old). We had the baby monitor out there with us and the stereo turned on and changed stations. The rocking horse (it makes sounds when it moves) also starting going off. We all went inside to make sure my nephew was okay and he was still sound asleep in his crib. Then later that night, we were all out on the porch after the kids were asleep and I was standing in front of the big window and my brother told me the little boy was standing right behind me inside the house looking out the window at me. I, of course, moved VERY quickly. I turned around, but didn't see anything.

SophiaGrace said:
VideoVidiVisum said:

Yes ma'am! I got the key to my home group before I had a house key lol.... I use NA for my self injury, and also because I recognize that if I started drinking or using drugs I'd get addicted super quick.... It had already started with drinking.

VideoVidiVisum said:
SophiaGrace said:
VideoVidiVisum said:

Yes ma'am! I got the key to my home group before I had a house key lol.... I use NA for my self injury, and also because I recognize that if I started drinking or using drugs I'd get addicted super quick.... It had already started with drinking.

I went to a few AA meetings a year or so ago even though i didn't drink Alcohol

VideoVidiVisum said:
SophiaGrace said:
I went to a few AA meetings a year or so ago even though i didn't drink Alcohol

I do AA sometimes too (my roomie goes to mostly AA) but I much prefer the people in NA.

Why do you prefer the people in NA?

Callie said:
My brother's old house was haunted. I don't really know the story about why, but there was an older man and also a little boy in a baseball cap. The older man would throw things sometimes (when no one was around thankfully) and the little boy would turn things on. One day I was over there and we were out in the pool, the only person inside was my sleeping baby nephew (probably maybe 3 months old). We had the baby monitor out there with us and the stereo turned on and changed stations. The rocking horse (it makes sounds when it moves) also starting going off. We all went inside to make sure my nephew was okay and he was still sound asleep in his crib. Then later that night, we were all out on the porch after the kids were asleep and I was standing in front of the big window and my brother told me the little boy was standing right behind me inside the house looking out the window at me. I, of course, moved VERY quickly. I turned around, but didn't see anything.

Creepy. Sure your brother wasn't just messing with you about the little boy looking at you? I know if those things happened I would have done it just to freak someone out. :D LOL

Sci-Fi said:
Callie said:

Creepy. Sure your brother wasn't just messing with you about the little boy looking at you? I know if those things happened I would have done it just to freak someone out. :D LOL

At first I thought that, but then I saw the looks on everyone's faces. You can't fake that honeysuckle. lol

Latest posts

Back