what just happened?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

man of one

Reaction score
Ok something epic happened today, well I have been commenting about a girl that is incredibly beautiful, so much so that the first time i saw her my friend commented on her beauty and i said it is impossible for a guy like me to get a girl like that. Well what i said in this forum was that a couple of days later she called out to me to ask some class stuff, then in class she always turned back to smile at me. I was confused as if she was attracted or just being friendly.

well yesterday at the parking lot i managed to grab her and ask her phone number, while i was typing it she touched my arm and smiled, then a convo ended with me asking her out to a movie...she said yes...I am so nervous you have no idea, like this beautiful girl said yes to me and now i know im in deep cause i have to take her out and i do not now anything about dating and going out or how to act..man im freaking out, this new found confidence has landed me in uncharted waters and im afraid im gonna drown lol..any help please.

hahaha.. those butterflies starting to feel like razor blades eh? Enjoy the feeling for a bit... afterwards just try to be calm, and make sure you have a good time ;)

Hey good for you. Just be yourself and try to relax. Take in a deep breath and slowly exhale. Think of it this way, you don't have to try to impress her, she already accepted your invitation, she seems to like you, smiling at you, asked you about class stuff, touching your arm. Be cool.

Pretend you are just going to the movies with a friend since that's kind of what it is at this point. Still a date tho so good luck dood.

Sci-Fi said:
Hey good for you. Just be yourself and try to relax. Take in a deep breath and slowly exhale. Think of it this way, you don't have to try to impress her, she already accepted your invitation, she seems to like you, smiling at you, asked you about class stuff, touching your arm. Be cool.

This is almost exactly what I would have said. Also, just remember, she's just a person, nothing scary about it, just have a good time and enjoy the company you have.

^lol I don't wanna move that fast haha.

thanks for the advice people, as one of you said I will try to see it as hanging out with a friend a **** hot one lol..

But it isn't easy cause i like her but I know we are the opposite, im extremely introverted and get drained with just one outing so I don't really like going out and hate having things take me out of my everyday routine especially the gym. on top of that i have SAD...im a nice guy and have been getting along with alot of girls but the dating/girlfriend thing i don't know if it will ever work out me being the way I am..So even though I will go out with her I know deep down it isn't going to work cause she has only seen a small part of me (she possibly thinks im a normal party guy), but when she sees me completely in how i am socially speaking im afraid she is gonna leave. The only real chance I have is finding someone like me i guess...but this is gonna be a good test drive first date if she ends up not liking me lol.

man of one said:
^lol I don't wanna move that fast haha.

thanks for the advice people, as one of you said I will try to see it as hanging out with a friend a **** hot one lol..

But it isn't easy cause i like her but I know we are the opposite, im extremely introverted and get drained with just one outing so I don't really like going out and hate having things take me out of my everyday routine especially the gym. on top of that i have SAD...im a nice guy and have been getting along with alot of girls but the dating/girlfriend thing i don't know if it will ever work out me being the way I am..So even though I will go out with her I know deep down it isn't going to work cause she has only seen a small part of me (she possibly thinks im a normal party guy), but when she sees me completely in how i am socially speaking im afraid she is gonna leave. The only real chance I have is finding someone like me i guess...but this is gonna be a good test drive first date if she ends up not liking me lol.

Don't get down on yourself and don't start getting negative. Just be positive and focus on the parts of you that you /do/ like about herself, and try to make her feel like she's having a good time. I think one of the biggest things that you can do to wreck your experience with someone else, especially a girl, is to be too focused on what you think when really its all about her for herself - at the end of the day, if a girl likes your convertible car, for example, its not because she's impressed with how awesome your car is, its because she thinks its **** cool for herself in a convertible car.

Seemingly small difference, but significant. Also avoid plunging ahead and assuming that you know her, especially labeling her as a party girl and whatnot. Who knows, she might be shallow and interesting, but she might also be very developed and interesting in some ways too - this is your opportunity to get to know her too, and try to build some common ground.

Its a lot of stuff, but don't be afraid to be honest and let her know that you're pretty shy. Given that she already likes you, I think she'll probably help you break you out of your shell!

You need to relax a bit and just try and enjoy the moment, the date. Se obviously likes you, so who knows where this 'adventure' might lead you? Maybe she'll even like the 'real'/not so sociabl you. You never know, so don't be so negative and don't blow up all your confidence ;)

Just relax and enjoy the date. Good luck!

Hey Congrats man!
Just try to relax and no she wouldn't take you out of your everyday routine or anything. Come on, cheer up and try to find some time in between to just add her to your routine. Don't lose hope and say this won't work out and all those stuff. You will never know unless you try, now would you? Just don't freak out. Get to know her slowly and find your fortune in it rather than making it a misfortune. Now what you shouldn't, is to not listen to people who say it won't workout cos they are just jelly.

haha! Your friend and the situation reminds me of my life and what people say about me lol! Now not to be a narcissist but the situation just rings a bell inside my mind and probably the only thing I love about myself "You know, Sanal doesn't give a honeysuckle about what you do or say about him, neither does he about winning or trying to score and impress people but you tell him once that he can not do a thing, he will rip you off your thoughts and turn around and say 'watch me' and will do it better than anybody you ever knew''.

True story^

Enjoy the moment. Don't plan anything. Listen to what she says, pay attention to her. Don't bring any expectations to the situation. Just enjoy her company and see what happens. I wish you the best of luck

Just because she's a social extrovert, doesn't mean that's all she wants in a guy. She may prefer men who are kind/supportive/sweet whatever else, rather than party animals who are likely to sleep around.

Just because she's socially-natured doesn't mean she's only interested in people who prefer parties to quiet nights in - she may be the opposite.

Just relax and have fun!

Latest posts

Back