Depression, lonliness, and life.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scuba Steve

Reaction score
So, I'm a forum veteran. I have nearly 20,000 posts between forums. I just left a forum that I was a member of for ten years that I moderated for more than six-seven years.

I'm sitting here in my living room alone, wanting someone to talk to. No one else is awake at 4am and I'm not much of a sleeper when the sun isn't up.

I can see a picture of my daughter on my wall that makes me smile.

I'm looking for a place that I can come to when these feelings overwhelm me. A place I can come to to find someone when I need to have company in the middle of the night (or, in this case, the early morning). So here I am.

Nice to meet you.

Hi there, Am not much for chat rooms but I guss you sound like you might enjoy it.
There is a good one here am sure you would fit right into.
I can get you the link if you don't see it here yourself.

Welcome BTW :)

I'd appreciate a link. I was trying to get into it (saw the chat 1 and 2 links) but I couldn't figure out how to find the actual chat.

Why is that funny? I could have just as easily said "ten years at one and six years at another" forum. Or I could have said "tenured member" at other forums. I chose to give a general post count because forum dwellers tend to focus on that stat.

Edit: Thanks Bluey. It looks like I can't chat quite yet.

NewLeaf said:
loL @ 20,000posts.

Why is that funny ?

I have an account on one forum with over 12,000 posts. Its kinda common now days.

Welcome to you as well Newleaf.

Scuba Steve said:
Why is that funny? I could have just as easily said "ten years at one and six years at another" forum. Or I could have said "tenured member" at other forums. I chose to give a general post count because forum dwellers tend to focus on that stat.

haha I just asked the same thing :p

Well am sure he did not mean to come across like he was having a dig :p

Jinx.

And I'm sure he wasn't insulting (more than likely just trolling a bit). But he could have at least added a bit more to the conversation.

Scuba Steve said:

You well, Just hang around there and one of the mods well sort you out :p

Scuba Steve said:
Jinx.

And I'm sure he wasn't insulting (more than likely just trolling a bit). But he could have at least added a bit more to the conversation.

No don't think he's a troll. just someone trying to be friendly by the looks of he's posts :)

Bluey said:
Scuba Steve said:

No don't think he's a troll. just someone trying to be friendly by the looks of he's posts :)
Actually, I'm not too sure if we're dealing with a troll here or not. Some of his posts seem nice, but some have a troll-vibe to them. Either that, or he just has some behavioral issues that cause him to be erratic, and have a need to insult people now and then.

Scuba Steve said:
So, I'm a forum veteran. I have nearly 20,000 posts between forums. I just left a forum that I was a member of for ten years that I moderated for more than six-seven years.

I'm sitting here in my living room alone, wanting someone to talk to. No one else is awake at 4am and I'm not much of a sleeper when the sun isn't up.

I can see a picture of my daughter on my wall that makes me smile.

I'm looking for a place that I can come to when these feelings overwhelm me. A place I can come to to find someone when I need to have company in the middle of the night (or, in this case, the early morning). So here I am.

Nice to meet you.

Welcome, Steve. :)

Welcome aboard. :)

There's actually two chat rooms now. There are links in the top right of the screen

Latest posts

Back